Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What boardsies would you bring back?

Comments

KiKi III wrote: »
    I'm happy to be back, and as a New Year's Boards Resolution I'll be attempting to keep spats to a minimum.

Welcome back.

Hopefully this account won't spontaneously combust like the other "Kiki" monikers. Tact & maturity tend to be conducive to longevity on boards.

Good luck with your latest venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Welcome back.

Hopefully this account won't spontaneously combust like the other "Kiki" monikers. Tact & maturity tend to be conducive to longevity on boards.

Good luck with your latest venture.

I look forward to many lessons in tact and maturity from you Bertie. I wouldn't have considered myself really back until I got a welcome from you! On a serious note, I'm sorry to hear your Dad's not well and I wish you and your family the best.

Raconteuse made some great points a few pages back about how people read too much into a closed account sometimes. Longevity here isn't necessarily a goal for me - KiKi III will be around for as long as it suits, and if I need a break again it might disappear. I do like the rhyming of Kiki III though, so there's that to consider!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Earthhorse wrote: »
    A wise post, Gynoid, but it sounds in this case that the poster themselves treated something in a very black and white manner? And I think that’s what causes a lot of problems online in general.
    A man posted a thread about idiots taking things that were placed on his baby's grave and the poster in question included in their reply that toys on graves look tacky as fu*k.

Didn't see anything "off day" or "that's what everyone else is thinking" whatsoever about it, and I always try to find nuance, to the point of being called annoyingly devil's advocate or fence sitting at times.

Ursus wasn't the only poster to make such a sh1t comment though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Ah howya kiki! Nice to see you back.
    Raconteuse wrote: »
    A man posted a thread about idiots taking things that were placed on his baby's grave and the poster in question included in their reply that toys on graves look tacky as fu*k.

Didn't see anything "off day" or "that's what everyone else is thinking" whatsoever about it, and I always try to find nuance, to the point of being called annoyingly devil's advocate or fence sitting at times.

Hooooooly fcuk.

I liked her, she could lean a bit too much into the blunt, tough love kind of approach for my tastes but always thought she was reasonable and often insightful in the content of her posts even if I didn't always care for the delivery.

That's so bad though, and a really out of character lapse of judgement.

Seriously if any of ye are of the opinion that THAT'S just "saying what everyone is thinking" then your mind is fcuking diseased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Can a mod look at this please.

:p

No action required,

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    No action required,

Oh you and your little clique.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Seriously if any of ye are of the opinion that THAT'S just "saying what everyone is thinking" then your mind is fcuking diseased.[/quote]

Well, I don't think my mind is diseased!

When you bury a child come back to me (hopefully you never will... Bury a child that is)

Mod

Can we leave events on a different thread there. We are drifting off topic a bit here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Katgurl was always good craic. Doesn’t seem to post much anymore. Always had some great stories

Katgurl was always good craic. Doesn’t seem to post much anymore. Always had some great stories

There's a Batgurl still posting? Would they be the same?

She posts a fair bit in personal issues if you want to check out the style....She's pretty cool.

• Advertisement

I miss Tyrant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

what ever happened Gordon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,243 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

what ever happened Gordon?

still around but hasn't posted for a long time.
    no longer an admin either.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I previously lamented the closing of Yer da sells Avon’s account and then I figured out he had returned because I’m dead clever like.

I previously lamented the closing of Zorya’s account and I am very sure she is posting here again under a new name..... because I’m dead clever like of course.

I never publicly lamented the closing of the various KikiLaRue accounts but did click thanks on the posts of others who did. I am again very sure she is posting here again but I better not say who in case she doesn’t want people to know.....

And I’m dead clever like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Guy Person wrote: »
    I previously lamented the closing of Yer da sells Avon’s account and then I figured out he had returned because I’m dead clever like.

I previously lamented the closing of Zorya’s account and I am very sure she is posting here again under a new name..... because I’m dead clever like of course.

I never publicly lamented the closing of the various KikiLaRue accounts but did click thanks on the posts of others who did. I am again very sure she is posting here again but I better not say who in case she doesn’t want people to know.....

And I’m dead clever like.

Ssshhhh, I'm desperately trying to keep it under wraps ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Zorya's definitely back. Not able to identify Yer Da, cos I'm not as clever as you.

Kiki's back! Hadn't noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Seriously if any of ye are of the opinion that THAT'S just "saying what everyone is thinking" then your mind is fcuking diseased.

Well, I don't think my mind is diseased!

When you bury a child come back to me (hopefully you never will... Bury a child that is)

Stay classy there princess

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Not able to identify Yer Da, cos I'm not as clever as you.

Scroll back a few pages :)

And you are much cleverererer than me really, your well smart.

I'm fairly sure Guy Person is a witch,

I’m dead clever like.

Stay classy there princess

Eh what now??

• Advertisement

And you are much cleverererer than me really, your well smart.

Nope. Right over my head

KiKi III wrote: »
    Ssshhhh, I'm desperately trying to keep it under wraps ;)

Don’t worry, you’re secret is safe with me Avon.

Don’t worry, you’re secret is safe with me Avon.

Have been and always will be Sardonicat. This is why I never get any saucy pms, isn't it? You all think I'm a fella. I'm gonna have to change my avatar to bewbs.

Have been and always will be Sardonicat. This is why I never get any saucy pms, isn't it? You all think I'm a fella. I'm gonna have to change my avatar to bewbs.

Bewbs pic could be mewbs.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Please don't. As I said before, I'd prefer if people didn't know.

Please don't. As I said before, I'd prefer if people didn't know.

Sorry Kiki, I’ll try harder from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

You’ve still got a scrawny looking pussy

Bobblehats wrote: »
    You’ve still got a scrawny looking pussy

That's a lovely little pussy!

That's a lovely little pussy!

Needs to stop chewing it’s own tail.

• Advertisement

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Needs to stop chewing it’s own tail.

It's practicing

It's practicing

It’s anxious. Word got out it was being replaced by a pair of tits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Andreas77

With his tales of his JVC camera, his Skoda Felicia estate and his experiences of ‘scooping’

Good times.

Andreas77

With his tales of his JVC camera, his Skoda Felicia estate and his experiences of ‘scooping’

Good times.

Don't forget his hobb with six burners!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Raconteuse wrote: »

I presume people that say stuff like that also put self-congratulatory posters on their social media pages about 'speaking their mind' or 'saying it how it is'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

ah here... there was no 'tacky as ****' there was no 'I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking'

heres the post, judge for yourself, no need to be all jumping on a poster without knowing what you're talking about....
    Why does it have to be toys you put on the grave? Maybe you might be better getting something tasteful and more weather resistant for the grave instead? Cheap toys look like sh*t in no time at all, especially this time of year.

• Advertisement

ah here... there was no 'tacky as ****' there was no 'I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking'

heres the post, judge for yourself, no need to be all jumping on a poster without knowing what you're talking about....
    Ok "cheap toys look sh1t" - I misremembered it, apologies. Nobody said Ursus said it's what everyone is thinking. That was said by someone else, on this thread.

Still a very blunt tactless comment to someone upset over items repeatedly being taken off their baby's grave (amazing you're not considering that - of all things, but there is a bit of a "defend horrible behaviour" culture here).

As I said though, not the only heartless comment to the OP of that thread, and no need to close an account over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Regardless of what someone puts on a grave they should be able to do so without fear of theft.

Having said that, a person is within their rights to pass “comment” on whatever is left. For better or for worse.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

The main thing wrong with that comment was "Maybe you might be better getting something tasteful... " and "Cheap toys..."

A lot of truth with the rest of the post in fairness.

Pretty blunt and to the point in keeping with Ursus' posting style and in this instance unfortunately too much so. You can call it tough love if you like but when things are bad, you really need someone to tell you upfront and realistically how things are, much like a doctor would.

Clearly she has thought as much herself as she has retired. Obviously the backlash she would have received wouldn't have helped matters either.

I've been on this site off and on for over three years. Her advice always seemed on point and common sense anytime I came across or indeed engaged with it. It was realistic grounded advice. Not advice you want to hear.

Language is very important in life and you have to choose your words carefully. I think this was an error of judgement that no doubt, on reflection, said poster would most certainly prob be mortified about.

It happens and life moves on. We all make errors of judgment from time to time. Not worth closing an account over really.

Regardless of what someone puts on a grave they should be able to do so without fear of theft.

Having said that, a person is within their rights to pass “comment” on whatever is left. For better or for worse.
    And others are within their rights to respond as they see fit.

In my view those who give the best advice know when to be blunt and realistic and know also when gentleness is required.

• Advertisement

She should be publicly lynched :rolleyes:

A relatively innocuous error of judgment. Let he/she without sin cast the first stone. If people are getting their knickers in a twist over that comment then the world is becoming a delicate place. Might as well be shrouded in bubble wrap.

It wasn't controversial :)

It was a delicate subject matter but in "after hours".

What she said was abit blunt, but the phrase "only saying what everyone else is thinking " did spring to mind. Though that would be my own personal view on the matter.

It was a shock as she's an extremely considered poster and takes lots of time giving absolute fantastic advice in personal issues. If the comment came from the majority of after hours posters it wouldn't have registered with me anyway.

I was the poster that said "only saying what everyone else is thinking ", clearly stating that was my own personal view!

In a previous post I had said I had first hand experience of the topic so please don't attack me.

Yeah, I was told anyone who had that view has a "seriously f##king diseased mind " and to "stay classy"

So erm I wonder what boardsies would we bring back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Tomwaterford would be very welcome back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

I liked wexie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭anewme

In my view those who give the best advice know when to be blunt and realistic and know also when gentleness is required.

Absolutely.

Sometimes things are better left unsaid.

It's hard enough to manage this in real life, but online and in writing, they can come across even more harsh.

She should be publicly lynched :rolleyes:

A relatively innocuous error of judgment. Let he/she without sin cast the first stone. If people are getting their knickers in a twist over that comment then the world is becoming a delicate place. Might as well be shrouded in bubble wrap.
    I've seen you get bothered by things people say plenty of times so no need for the sneering at people. Nobody is getting their knickers in a twist. Actually it was only electro and I who said the strongest things on this thread - just our opinions. It was asked what they said - so it was replied to. It was tasteless and rude to a man who not only had the grief of burying his baby but gobshytes taking things off the baby's grave. Yet no, the problem is the people criticising the comment to him. :rolleyes:

Nobody should be lynched. And Ursus (definitely a woman?) didn't need to close their account over it. There was some reaction to it on thread (not much) and then the mod did their thing, and that should have been the end of it.
    I was the poster that said "only saying what everyone else is thinking ", clearly stating that was my own personal view!
    Doesn't make sense though - can only be either what you alone think, or what everyone thinks.

But anyway, giving good advice does have to entail telling someone things they don't want to hear, but this can still be done in a compassionate way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Talliesin :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Who can forget Hugo Stiglitz

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Talliesin :(
    Very shocking :-/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement