Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What boardsies would you bring back?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

There was a strange guy called something like Dave the football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,250 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

anewme wrote: »
    There was a strange guy called something like Dave the football.

samthefootball?

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

samthefootball?

Sorry you are right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Trebor was another poster too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Fago! ......was a hoot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

You were happy to stomp all over Ursus at the time, a well regarded poster. Spare me the retrospective pedantry. I wouldn't put enormous stock in your posturing, considering you defend multi-millionaires that bear nothing in common with society at large. Naivety overload.
    Hardly stomped all over them - I said "is that really appropriate to say to someone in the OP's situation?", literally nothing else. So spare me the lying. What on earth difference does being a well regarded poster make? If anything they'd have better judgement. Still bizarre that you don't even consider why people at the time thought it was a sh1t thing to say, given the context.

The other thing is actually a criticism of media smear campaigns against anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Fifty grades of shay another valued poster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ffred ..

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Very shocking :-/

I recognise that name. Did something happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I've seen you get bothered by things people say plenty of times so no need for the sneering at people. Nobody is getting their knickers in a twist. Actually it was only electro and I who said the strongest things on this thread - just our opinions. It was asked what they said - so it was replied to. It was tasteless and rude to a man who not only had the grief of burying his baby but gobshytes taking things off the baby's grave. Yet no, the problem is the people criticising the comment to him. :rolleyes:

Nobody should be lynched. And Ursus (definitely a woman?) didn't need to close their account over it. There was some reaction to it on thread (not much) and then the mod did their thing, and that should have been the end of it.

Doesn't make sense though - can only be either what you alone think, or what everyone thinks.

But anyway, giving good advice does have to entail telling someone things they don't want to hear, but this can still be done in a compassionate way.

Well my sister buried a baby. To my knowledge there has never been a toy on the grave. She chose to plant flowers for each season so there will always be something blooming on the grave.

My opinion was based on the 20 years of feedback my sister has received and comments from people, whom she doesn't know but would see her at the grave.

Now I'm sure there's people who also judge on the fact that there is no toy, maybe thinking it's abit cold....I don't know.

Everyone has their own way of doing things and you do what's right for you at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

That dude who ended every post with "ha ha alright!", he made me laugh. Anyone recall the name?

That dude who ended every post with "ha ha alright!", he made me laugh. Anyone recall the name?

Or the one who signed every post with 'kind regards' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

Trevk. Dying to find out if he ever found that chipper lady he had a one night stand with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Some names I've long forgot about being mentioned.

Considering my account is active since 2007 i'm sure half the forum is a re-reg to me :pac:

Well my sister buried a baby. To my knowledge there has never been a toy on the grave. She chose to plant flowers for each season so there will always be something blooming on the grave.

My opinion was based on the 20 years of feedback my sister has received and comments from people, whom she doesn't know but would see her at the grave.

Now I'm sure there's people who also judge on the fact that there is no toy, maybe thinking it's abit cold....I don't know.

Everyone has their own way of doing things and you do what's right for you at the time.
    Of course. I don't think anyone said otherwise, and that includes respecting putting toys on a grave. It wasn't the only weird comment about it to the father. Found it bizarre. Why on earth would how the items on the grave *look* even occur to people? I mean I can't stand clutter or tat but toys on a child's grave makes perfect sense to me.

And whatever your sister prefers should of course also be respected - it's not at all cold imo. It seems bizarre too though that strangers were telling her toys would look tacky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Alonzo

Autosport wrote: »
    Trebor was another poster too

He was a lovely guy. :)

Franz Von Peppercorn - liked his posts a lot.

• Site Banned Posts: 7 King Mog

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058015255/1

Poor Mods!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Of course. I don't think anyone said otherwise, and that includes respecting putting toys on a grave. It wasn't the only weird comment about it to the father. Found it bizarre. Why on earth would how the items on the grave *look* even occur to people? I mean I can't stand clutter or tat but toys on a child's grave makes perfect sense to me.

And whatever your sister prefers should of course also be respected - it's not at all cold imo. It seems bizarre too though that strangers were telling her toys would look tacky.

Seriously can we just move on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Seriously can we just move on?

And say so all of us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

King Mog wrote: »

What an absolute ridiculous ban

Thats a good one.

Ha ha alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Thats a good one.

Ha ha alright!

What was his sign off?

To thine own self be true

What was his sign off?

I assume it was "ha ha alright!" or something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I assume it was "ha ha alright!" or something similar.

And he was only 4 posts away from being able to use an official sig, rather than typing it each time. :pac:

I was gonna post Kunst Nugget but he appears to be back. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 7 King Mog

This lad seems interesting. Could he be unbanned?

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056967076/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Arghus wrote: »
    Thought she was a good contributor myself: well able to defend her point of view, without it getting malicious. Then I saw she was banned. Seemed very strange, but, what do I know.

Most bans seem pretty unclear. Look at the last post of anyone that was banned and it looks very innocuous. The answer to this is either

1) Person banned for private messages they sent (fair enough)
    2) Person banned for posts that were deleted by a mod and all trace of the offense removed.

For the second one above, I think in the interests of transparency at least a
    snip
    Mod:

Being added to the post(s) in question could be done. If the person is illegitimately banned there's no comeback available, and if they rereg to try and do so, then that profile is auto-banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

If that's not a bot, I'd be very surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Seems they are very trigger happy ...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058044310

This was resolved but you'd imagine there'd be plenty more that are just unjustly removed and can never post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

I see PaddyCow is gone, he used to have some entertaining posts and was on Boards since 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

From when the prison forum used to be quality entertainment before a couple of bleeding heart gobshytes got their knickers in a twist over it and it became the sanitised shadow of itself that it is now. Between that and the nuking of the dome, it set this site on an irreversible path to perma-offended mediocrity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I see PaddyCow is gone, he used to have some entertaining posts and was on Boards since 2010.
    Paddy Cow is a she. She "Rage Quit" Boards over a new layout she didn't like.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112273048

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Most bans seem pretty unclear. Look at the last post of anyone that was banned and it looks very innocuous. The answer to this is either

1) Person banned for private messages they sent (fair enough)
    2) Person banned for posts that were deleted by a mod and all trace of the offense removed.

For the second one above, I think in the interests of transparency at least a
    snip
    Mod:

Being added to the post(s) in question could be done. If the person is illegitimately banned there's no comeback available, and if they rereg to try and do so, then that profile is auto-banned.

Yeah that one was particularly confusing. Poster is here contributing and then suddenly they are banned. Usually if you look through their posts - because surely there must have been some blowout - everything looks very innocuous.

I presume it's some re-reg stuff most of the time or PM related carry on. I figure there's this subculture of PMs being sent madly all over the place that I'm not really aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Guy Person wrote: »
    Paddy Cow is a she. She "Rage Quit" Boards over a new layout she didn't like.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112273048

Paddy Cow was a she? That explains all the Katie Price posts so :D

Guy, are you really a guy? Or should I call you 'they'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I'm still using the old layout and is working grand !

Guy, are you really a guy? Or should I call you 'they'?
    My curiosity is piqued now. I'm going to have to check out those Katie Price posts later.

And yes I am a guy but you can refer to me however you like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

- HITLER DID NOTHING WRONG

- Only JoKing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

This place really is a ghost town now.
    All the oldies are going.

To thine own self be true

Damn! I just had a look at some of Paddy Cow's Katie Price posts. Vicious stuff! Jaysus :eek:
    I certainly don't want to ever get on the wrong side of Paddy Cow. Just as well she left as my life is basically the male version of Katie's.

This place really is a ghost town now.
    Too much fighting on the dance floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Don Joe

- Permabear (was that all fantasy really?)
    - Backwards Man (didn't like him, but liked having him here to dislike)
    - Squall Leonhart
    - A Tyrant Named Miltiades!
    - Lady Macbeth
    - Speedwell

Don Joe wrote: »
    - Permabear (was that all fantasy really?)
    - Backwards Man (didn't like him, but liked having him here to dislike)
    - Squall Leonhart
    - A Tyrant Named Miltiades!
    - Lady Macbeth
    - Speedwell

And who might you be?? :)

Squall Leonhart. That's a name I recognise but can't recall them at all.
    Was Speedwell the lady from the US? Her and her husband had autism.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭md23040

I used to love Degsy. He often tormented Gerry Ryan in his posts and tore him apart in a really funny unrelenting way. His dark, acerbic wit was always so original and observationally witty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Horace Wimp

JackTaylorFan

... The voice of reason and logical calm debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Don Joe

And who might you be?? :).

Many people over the course of about a decade!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Guy Person wrote: »
    I certainly don't want to ever get on the wrong side of Paddy Cow. Just as well she left as my life is basically the male version of Katie's.

You bear responsibility for the child?
    Andreas77

With his tales of his JVC camera, his Skoda Felicia estate and his experiences of ‘scooping’

Good times.

I miss Andreas too he was out there

Smash. I think he is among us though. I just can't figure out who he might be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Smash. I think he is among us though. I just can't figure out who he might be.
    I remember him from his Pole Position avatar.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement