Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All-Ireland SFC Final 2019.- Dublin V Kerry - Read Mod Note in Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Stoner wrote: »
    Boards.ie is no longer the place to talk in a positive way about Dublin football.

It's become a place where every thread is derailed. The same users expressing outrage and influencing mods to allow a football thread to be taken over by concerns about structure. They want the bigger audience to talk about their concerns and don't want to talk about it in the thread created for it.

Everyone in the same pool lane when it suits, but they have their own lane.

Depending on your county there are still good threads here, but it's not a place for people to speak positively about Dublin football. Many of the haters pretending that their hatred in new, that it has replaced support.

Any attempt to express enjoyment or anticipation is met with a bitter response. TBH it's not worth it.

It's no better than facebook a medium now, somewhere I haven't posted on about GAA in 6 years.

Most of the dublin regulars are not posting here, it's not bland it's just not happening here.

Whatapp and telegraph are hopping.

Good luck on the final day men.

Because when Frank and Magic are on about it, ye come back with crap like what about the hurlers and "get your own house in order". Just feeding the situation. I've spouted the money thing the odd time. Mainly just venting. But there are some people who are just made to be keyboard warriors. And will argue on and on and on. If you partake in this, it will just continue. Obvious answer is just to ignore. But this is a foum, so not easy to do.
    Everybody knows the money was given. But it's not for you to apologise for it or feel like you have to defend it. At the end of the day, I think it has advanced football from the defensive "puke football" that could conceivably have completely taken over. In particular, Northern teams had to throw the shackles off.

I don't know who I'd rather see win in 2 weeks. I'd just leave it with Gary Nevile's quote - like having a choice of 2 blokes to nick your wife".

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

There will be zero tolerance for nonsense in this thread

It’s for sensible and grown up discussion which many posters seemed to have forgotten how to do

Cards and bans will be handed out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I agree I can't wait for it that Moran v Fenton match up is a great one to highlight. Moran the old stager class player. Fenton the younger of the two class player. 6 years between them,
    It is like like an echo of the old Jack O'Shea and Mullins battles
    Although it was revered then Mullins was the oldest of the two by three years.

If I was Kerry I would start Tommy Walsh he can be thier Donaghy/Bomber liston the focal point.
    The other lads can run off him.
    Try and get an early goal against Dublin to quietn the crowd (I think Kerry will need three in the game to win it)
    As for the weak Kerry backs I think that Kerry will not be able to go all out attack in a shoot out with Dublin.
    But there has to be periods in the game where the majority of the Kerry team funnel back and soak up pressure make the pitch narrow.
    They cannot be attack gung ho all the time.

I noticed in the Donegal v Kerry game - despite the 'shoot out' feel of the game there were periods of great defending from Kerry.
    Tenacious is what Ger Canning would call it I believe.
    They just have to do the dirty work - work like dogs all the fancy skilful stuff comes easy to Kerry - if they can get the rest while getting goals too I can see a Kerry win.

Fenton and Moran won’t be marking each other, they never are. It will be a match in terms of who will be more influential on the game though. Moran has had a real rejuvenation this year his fielding and kick passing has been magnificent in particular.

I agree with you that Kerry are better at defending that they are being given credit for. The reason they often look so open is that they push up and play a high press at times. This can leave a gap in front of the full back line that is always going to favour a good forward.

The result is by no means a foregone conclusion but you’d have to fancy Dublin overall as they have better and more experienced players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Fenton and Moran won’t be marking each other, they never are. It will be a match in terms of who will be more influential on the game though. Moran has had a real rejuvenation this year his fielding and kick passing has been magnificent in particular.

I agree with you that Kerry are better at defending that they are being given credit for. The reason they often look so open is that they push up and play a high press at times. This can leave a gap in front of the full back line that is always going to favour a good forward.

The result is by no means a foregone conclusion but you’d have to fancy Dublin overall as they have better and more experienced players.

I am starting to get worried in the 2011 final Kerry were the miles better team.
    Most Dublin fans were just there enjoying getting to an AI final (the first for many of the younger fans)

But Kerry were caught cold towards the end coasting - Darren O'Sullivan was giving fist pumps after scores - he assumed it was over.

Now 8 years later (11 of the 2011 Dublin lads still on the panel) the roles are reversed Dublin are expected to win handy enough.

If Dublin try any of that killing the game craic slowing it down like they did in some of the AI finals when it was close v Mayo - my very real worry is that the Kerry forwards (unlike Mayo) are good enough to pounce on any slip up and bang goal game over - or momentum switch in the last 10 minutes.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I have a question for any of the Kerry supporters, curiosity really.
    How many of the Kerry lads from the 2011 AI left on the current panel?

Moran was injured I think but apart from that Killian Young played and maybe Enright was on the panel I can’t remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Killian Young definitely the only one left who played on the day

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Tommy Walsh could have played if he stayed, definitely of that generation. Not sure he would have made a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Stoner wrote: »
    The Magic account was set up to derail and undermine any Dublin achievement. Only started posting about Mayo when challenged about their knowledge of football.

No infractions, posts in forums mods tell him not to, you report it and that's it.

Then he has his swipes in the Mayo forum trying to get things moving there too.

From our history on boards I don't think you would ever shout for Dublin, your dismissal of players like McCarthy as average to good players etc you know what you are at. You are unable to separate the troll Dublin accounts the genuine ones. You tar everyone with the same brush.

How come I can go on to the Mayo forum and talk about the Mayo team and how I admire them. The good and the bad. I'll come on and say I hope they beat Kerry etc. Doesn't mean I hate Kerry I expect they want Mayo to beat Dublin too. I show some respect to lads like Keegan etc, but it is one way traffic with you. I've posted on the mayo forum for years. I might not be welcome going forward.

You don't like us Flash and I'm not here to win you over.

What's your history on the Dublin forum? Ever come to talk about anything positive? Or is it mainly to thank magic and Frank's posts? A nice firewall. I honestly think that there are a lot of good posters who actually think it's ok to hate the dublin team, expected. You like football but not Dublin, I'm not even sure you know it.

The Ulster counties have to put up with a bit of it too.

I'm upfront about my bias. There nothing wrong with it.

Lots of the Mayo and kerry lads are to. There are plenty on the other side with the Magics.

Where do you sit Flash?

Posters like Strabanimal pick up bans but I don't mind him at least you know where you stand with them.

You actually think that I set up an account, purely to undermine dublins football achievements? Sorry but you really should get over yourself. The world doesnt revolve around your county football team.
    I have a, frankly fairly reasonable and commonly held opinion that dublin have been financially doped on the gaa field. Im entitled to make that point and discuss what effects it has had on various aspects of the gaa. Again, that isnt unusual or unfair.
    You mightnt like to hear it but surely it is only a reasonable response? What else did you expect like?

Have you ever wondered how you would react if the shoe was on the other foot? How would you react to people point blank denying any effects?

Re the final. I hope kerry win,

keane2097 wrote: »
    Killian Young definitely the only one left who played on the day

That is some turnover of players so.
    Considering Dublin have 11 hanging on from that panel it really shows the difference in make up between the two counties.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Right this is partially mod, partially personal.
    Firstly, the Dublin "financial/general advantage" stuff goes in the dedicated thread. Any discussion about it here will result in a minimum 1 day ban. I say minimum because that depends on your recent record. Repeat offenders will get longer and we'll have no problem banning people until after the final.

Secondly, Dublin fans: a lot of ye are just as bad as the posters you're complaining about. Ye complained about the financial crap clogging up other threads, so it was moved. Then we were accused of stifling discussion. So it seems like we can't win.

As well as that, some of you seem to think that no one can possibly say anything bad about Dublin. But you really need to grow thicker skin. Meath got the hate in the 90s that we were dirty. Tyrone got it in the 00s for "puke football". Kilkenny got it in hurling when they were dominating. It's the nature of GAA. It's the nature of sport! Everyone hates the winners. And you need to deal with it! And quite frankly, it's bizarre how personally some take it. You're unbackable favourites to win 5 in a row. You're odds on to win 6 in a row. And you're more likely to win 8 in a row than Kerry are to win on Sunday fortnight. If I was a Dublin fan, I wouldn't give two sh!ts what other people said.

So can I please request that people discuss the game. Please report any posts that break the rules (while also noting that not all criticism of Dublin is not trolling) or we will bring the bans out.

Considering Dublin have 11 hanging on from that panel it really shows the difference in make up between the two counties.

I have a notion the Dubs were much younger overall that time though. It was the end of a good team for us and only the start for ye. It would be interesting actually to compare Dublin from 2013 and Kerry from 2014, we've probably changed a good bit since then as then as well.

Remember Mannion and Jack Mc only getting started that time.

Ah now it doesn't really. Most of the Kerry lads on that team were at the end of their careers. Almost all of them have retired since, from old age! Virtually all of them who played that day already had AIs so its not as if they tried and failed to win AIs

That is the reason for the "turnover".

Kerry were a team on the way down, Dublin on the way up. And they met along the way. It really was a case of handing over the baton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Seadin

I think the final could will turn out like 2013 semi final. A shot out with Dublin finishing on top. Kerry will be up for this. If Dublin are too then they will be only one winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Killian Young played the full game in the final.
    Shane Enright and James O'Donoghue were both squad members that year -both played no part in the final, but did play in other games.
    Moran was out with his long-term injury - he played no championship in 2011 or 2012.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Killian Young played the full game in the final.
    Shane Enright and James O'Donoghue were both squad members that year -both played no part in the final, but did play in other games.
    Moran was out with his long-term injury - he played no championship in 2011 or 2012.

Didn’t realise JOD was on the panel in 2011 he must have been what, 19?

I think 2018 was a nadir for the team that followed on and won an All Ireland in 2014. We probably have 8-9 starters now that weren’t even on the panel for that semi final replay v Mayo in 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

I think 2018 was a nadir for the team that followed on and won an All Ireland in 2014. We probably have 8-9 starters now that weren’t even on the panel for that semi final replay v Mayo in 2017.

JOD was playing with Kerry 09/2010. He definitely played against Dublin in league 2010 as remember him missing yard 21 free in front of goal.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

How sad is that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Would agree with this
    Peter Keane has shown no mercy to former players who possibly would still be useful on many inter county teams
    He is building a new era in the kingdom around those minor teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

C__MC wrote: »
    Would agree with this
    Peter Keane has shown no mercy to former players who possibly would still be useful on many inter county teams
    He is building a new era in the kingdom around those minor teams

Agree, Keane is doing what many criticised Fitzmaurice for not doing. It’s not a managers job to be loyal that’s the fans job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

marno21 wrote: »

Delighted no-one turned out for the chap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

munster87 wrote: »
    Delighted no-one turned out for the chap

The way a few in media ran with this story as a Kerry conspiracy story was very poor form.

Fans day was lovely today, kids delighted. What the GAA is all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

The way a few in media ran with this story as a Kerry conspiracy story was very poor form.

Fans day was lovely today, kids delighted. What the GAA is all about.

Saw D Clifford S Enright & D Moynihan at Austin Stack Park this eve watching the hurling semi-finals..... looked very relaxed.. nice to see them following the hurling.....

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭conor05

Saw D Clifford S Enright & D Moynihan at Austin Stack Park this eve watching the hurling semi-finals..... looked very relaxed.. nice to see them following the hurling.....

A lot of the kerry footballers were at the Lixnaw v kilmoyley county final last year too.

Suppose the hurling is usually hard fought with massive rivalry in north kerry. Good for spectators

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Someone put up a tumbleweed gif.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭aodomhnaill

marno21 wrote: »

That account is protected now, can’t view the tweet. What was the general gist of the story behind it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Kerry 2-18 Dublin 1-15

I can see Kerry tearing them apart in the first 20 minutes and Dublin falling apart but eeking their way back into it before Kerry get a goal at the death.

Kerry are improving and Dublin havent played anyone other than a Mayo team Kerry took apart.

The ref will ensure that there are a lot of frees. This guy is always at the centre of some drama or other. Would have preferred a low key appointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Joekers

Kerry 2-18 Dublin 1-15

I can see Kerry tearing them apart in the first 20 minutes and Dublin falling apart but eeking their way back into it before Kerry get a goal at the death.

Kerry are improving and Dublin havent played anyone other than a Mayo team Kerry took apart.

The ref will ensure that there are a lot of frees. This guy is always at the centre of some drama or other. Would have preferred a low key appointment.

And who have Kerry played that makes them so feared ?

Tyrone team that Dublin have hammered the last 2 years ?

The Donegal team who they drew with ?

The Cork team ?

Who ever Kerry have played Dublin have played and played better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Joekers wrote: »

The Cork team ?

I dont think you understand football. It's a knock out not a league.

Kerry are younger, faster, and more skillfull.

Dublin have a lot of big guys that run at you and one or two skill players like Rock but basically they are 26 of the same physical guys that run around and handpass to each other until a hole opens that they power through.

Kerry move the ball into space better and have better forwards.

It'll be close but Kerry look better to me.

I fear the ref though. A kerry player basically had to get murdered in the semi against Mayo in 2017 under this lad to get a free.

FYI Dublin didnt hammer Tyrone. It was a comfortable 6 point win. Kerry blew them away in the second half.

Kerry for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Dublin have a lot of big guys that run at you and one or two skill players like Rock but basically they are 26 of the same physical guys that run around and handpass to each other until a hole opens that they power through.

I fear the ref though. A kerry player basically had to get murdered in the semi against Mayo in 2017 under this lad to get a free.

FYI Dublin didnt hammer Tyrone. It was a comfortable 6 point win. Kerry blew them away in the second half.

Kerry for me.

Why Rock as the skillful player?

Sure, he can kick a dead ball, but he doesn't have the outrageous point-scoring skill of Mannion, neither can he kick off either foot to the same level as Kilkenny or Andrews. O'Callaghan has a shimmy that Rock would die for, and Fenton's catching skills are far better. McCaffrey's skill at travelling at pace with the ball is unrivalled nationally, while there are few more skilled tacklers than Cooper and McCarthy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

Joekers wrote: »

The Cork team ?

Kerry for me.

Kerry more skillful. Your joking right. Simply compare like for like 15 v 15.

Ryan - Stephen Cluxton
    Foley - byrne
    Morley - O sullivan
    O Sullivan - Fitzy
    Murphy - McCaffrey
    Crowley - Mccarthy
    Enright - Small
    Moran - Fenton
    Spillane - MDMA
    Beaog - Scully
    O shea - O Callaghan
    O Brien - Howard
    Clifford - Mannion
    Geaney - Rock
    Spillane - Kilkenny

If you make out that Kerry have a more skillul 15 there then Dublin have I retire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Joekers

Kerry for me.

Don't use one of your basis for your argument then as Kerry having played better teams than Dublin ?! Cause that ain't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

He's winding ye up. Skilful is bad enough but faster?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Kerry 2-18 Dublin 1-15

What sort of method do you use for predicting the exact score?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Kerry more skillful. Your joking right. Simply compare like for like 15 v 15.

Ryan - Stephen Cluxton
    Foley - byrne
    Morley - O sullivan
    O Sullivan - Fitzy
    Murphy - McCaffrey
    Crowley - Mccarthy
    Enright - Small
    Moran - Fenton
    Spillane - MDMA
    Beaog - Scully
    O shea - O Callaghan
    O Brien - Howard
    Clifford - Mannion
    Geaney - Rock
    Spillane - Kilkenny

If you make out that Kerry have a more skillul 15 there then Dublin have I retire.

i think that Mr. InCognito is winding up ye Dubs suggesting a Kerry win..... im from Kerry and tbh if we are within 10pts at the end i'll be happy enuf another yr of conditioning and experience will bring on our lads a ton and maybe next yr we might have some hope of turning ye over... anyways tbh i think the next 10 championships will belong to either Kerry or Dublin....

Dublin supporters have to b delighted with the sending off in the hurling and the coverage it has attracted... has taken serious limelight away from the 5-in-a-row bid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

i think that Mr. InCognito is winding up ye Dubs suggesting a Kerry win..... im from Kerry and tbh if we are within 10pts at the end i'll be happy enuf

Yeah. Agree with this. If we lose by 9, itll be a bearable loss. If you're looking at 10+ that's not good but that's the benchmark this Dublin team has set.

I think the only thing certain, is a Dublin win, question is just by how much. Anyone calling a Kerry win needs to have a word with themselves.

i think that Mr. InCognito is winding up ye Dubs suggesting a Kerry win..... im from Kerry and tbh if we are within 10pts at the end i'll be happy enuf another yr of conditioning and experience will bring on our lads a ton and maybe next yr we might have some hope of turning ye over... anyways tbh i think the next 10 championships will belong to either Kerry or Dublin....

Dublin supporters have to b delighted with the sending off in the hurling and the coverage it has attracted... has taken serious limelight away from the 5-in-a-row bid

I think it has the makings of the start of a great rivary a real rivalry - not like the Kerry v Dublin 70's 80's myth (Kerry was by far in away the top dogs then)

People seem to have forgotten already that Kerry beat Dublin in the 2017 league final
    Kerry also beat Dublin in this year's league
    If I was a Kerry supporter I would be quietly thinking 'maybe' - we have clifford and Walsh could cause havoc to that Dublin backline

---
    The bould Pat from templenoe (forget his second name) said that when Kerry were going for five in row they froze, stopped playing, started to do things they would not normally do.
    ---

But personally I hope the Dublin team does not panic like a novice swimmer who were doing grand until they realise they are in the deep end.

Jim Gavin has to keep all those minds switched on.
    The players have to avoid the questions/comments from the locals - 'five in a row - wha'?'

---

I would have preferred a hurling final replay that would have been great.
    A hurling sending off will have to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I think its irrelevant tbh. The group of players have pretty much proved they're immune to such noise.

When I think about it the Kerry lads will be really pumped up for this.
    The history of stopping Dublin doing five in a row.

All the former Kerry greats giving nods to team - adding to the sense of history

All those super confident fellas from those Kerry minor teams,

No real pressure on Kerry - it is Dublin's to lose etc

• Advertisement

Eff that.

You can't beat those ****ers enough. They are the worst losers and a good hammering every so often is great to behold.
    Ye're very classy winners yereselves at least.

Jayus I hope there is as much bite in the game on Sunday week. :D

But with Peter Keane on one side and Jim Gavin on the other I doubt there will be any needle from either camp.

Peter Keane: 'Sure look....d'you ya know'

Jim Gavin: "No one player is bigger than the team, they all have a part to play'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

But with Peter Keane on one side and Jim Gavin on the other I doubt there will be any needle from either camp.

Jim Gavin: "No one player is bigger than the team, they all have a part to play'

Unless his names begins with Diarmuid :rolleyes:

Its going to be very hard to see past a Dublin win.

If Kerry play out of their skin, but only if Dublin play poorly, maybe they have a chance. If, but and maybe.

Dublin by 6 points at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Yeah I think guy was talking abiut a promo bet

All the funnier when Kerry win

You’ve been saying dubs will lose the last 4 years. You will get it right sometime ..

I'm not sure why my post was deleted but hey ho. If ye win, I hope ye enjoy it anyway. I'm sure ye wish the same for us.

The level of vitriol gets a bit depressing at times, it's only football, we all want to enjoy supporting our teams.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭99problems1

Dublin by 7 or 8 points.

We'll probably have a first 20 or 30 minutes with little in it, with Dublin taking it handy and then when they want to win it they'll win it.

I'm not sure why my post was deleted but hey ho. If ye win, I hope ye enjoy it anyway. I'm sure ye wish the same for us.

The level of vitriol gets a bit depressing at times, it's only football, we all want to enjoy supporting our teams.

Ah sure people should enjoy the game.
    I actually think it will be a great game of football - tension, skill, drama all that stuff.
    But it's great that we have a Kerry v Dublin final.
    It will make winning it all the sweeter for whoever wins it given it's context.

I always found Kerry supporters very knowledgeable about thier GAA and very fair in thier analysis.

For some reason it sticks in my memory way back in 2006.
    Saw a fella in a Kerry jersey walking along the night of the final

I said 'You must be a happy man?'
    But he said 'ah sure that wasn't a game of football at all' - he didn't enjoy it.
    Hammered Mayo.
    You would swear Kerry lost the game!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Kerry 1-15 Dublin 3-18

I really hope it's a cracker of a game, but everything we've seen so far this championship points to a comfortable Dublin win. If Kerry can make it to half time and still be within a goal of Dublin, they'll be doing well. I agree with Colm Parkinson about Kerry coming out in the second half and completely changing their gameplan to try and bamboozle Dublin. Easier said than done though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Tickets came this morning. Nice to see it only cost us 90euro up here in the Schmoke. :)

I've exams and a wedding this week so I haven't managed to get the "buzz". Just yet.

It will come. Hopefully the lack of buzz will show HQ that this needs to go back to the 3rd weekend of September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭gaffer91

Very muted buildup to this but I suppose while they may tune in for a few minutes, most neutral people don't really care anymore as it's a foregone conclusion. Dublin will definitely win and probably win easily, an 8 point minimum I'd predict.

The analysis isn't that hard- while the forward lines probably have the same amount of firepower, the Dublin goalkeeper defenders are brilliant and the Kerry ones are average.

Even if it does somehow end up being a tight game, playing at home will be worth a few points to Dublin and will likely help them over the line.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement