Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All-Ireland SFC Final 2019.- Dublin V Kerry - Read Mod Note in Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

blanch152 wrote:
    It seems that I am interpreting it the same way as two different reporters from the two main daily newspapers, and while journalists are infallible, I am happy that I am correct, given that is the consensus across much of the media coverage.

And I'm interpreting it the way the referee of the All Ireland Final interpreted it so I think he knows more then a few Journo's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

As a Dublin fan, Cooper deserved both yellows, have no argument with that, he was stupid, he was warned by the ref. I didn't think Clifford had him "wrapped" up but he definitely got Cooper out of the game plan.

It was annoying to watch Whelan and Brolly go on about the blatant arm pulling at half time, very poor "analysis". I had no major issues with the ref. I can see why he didn't give the second yellow to O'Sullivan, Cooper was warned after the first yellow, same with O'Sullivan.

Moran and O'Shea were outstanding for Kerry. Clifford didn't rise to heights people were expecting score wise. Kerry missed a lot in the first half. Better tactics in the last 10 minutes could have secured them a win.

I fancy Dublin for the replay. We were lucky Kerry didn't fully utilise the extra man. Fenton should have a point to prove now and some others need to up their focus, McCarthy and others were a bit too lax and sloppy for my liking in patchs throughout the game. Jack Mc surely got man of the match.

I also fancy Dublin for the replay. Truth be told, they were well in control before the sending off. That changed the complexion of the game and gave Kerry an opportunity to get back into it. If that hadn't happened, I'm not sure how close it would have been.

Kerry can get more from Clifford and Geaney, it's true, but I also think Dublin can get more from a few of their players too. Fenton had as quiet a game as I've ever seen from him and I don't think it'll happen again. Con can also do more.

At the end of the day, Kerry had plenty go their way in that game, not least of all, playing most of it with a one man advantage, and they still didn't finish the job after going a point up towards the end. I actually thought they went very negative and nervy when it looked like they might win it.

One thing I will say, it does seem like the Dublin bench is not what it used to be and it seemed obvious yesterday that Gavin doesn't trust some of his options there. He had a poor game on the sideline, but maybe the options just aren't there for him anymore either?
    McCauley looked off the pace too, to me, and I'd be going after him the next day if he plays, if I were involved with Kerry.

I think Fitzsimons will be switched onto Clifford because it's inviting trouble to leave Cooper in that situation again. I guess maybe Gavin will have to choose between starting Cooper or McMahon? And honestly, both of them tend to foul a lot, so it's much of a muchness. I think he will stick with Cooper and offer him a chance to redeem himself.

I think Gavin will be ripping after that performance and I think there will be a reaction. Obviously Kerry have scope for improvement too, like I said with Geaney and Clifford, but I think most of their players actually played well on the day and gave it plenty, whereas I'd say more on the Dublin squad will be disappointed with their own performance and will be looking to make a statement.

I expect Kerry will give it loads the next day again, but I do think Dublin have more in the tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Tickets for replay are €60 for stands , €30 for hill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

hawkelady wrote: »
    Tickets for replay are €60 for stands , €30 for hill
    theres also kids tickets for a tenner through Dublin and Kerry clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

blanch152 wrote: »
    It seems that I am interpreting it the same way as two different reporters from the two main daily newspapers, and while journalists are infallible, I am happy that I am correct, given that is the consensus across much of the media coverage.

If you are hanging on what the media say have a listen to the GAA hour podcast they reviewed Goughs performance and talked through each big decision. He got them all right in their opinion, including the O’Sullivan incident where small clearly dived to get him booked. Only big one he missed was a free on Lyne at the end out by the sideline. That was a killer for Kerry because it handed Dublin possession at such a crucial time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

If you are hanging on what the media say have a listen to the GAA hour podcast they reviewed Goughs performance and talked through each big decision. He got them all right in their opinion, including the O’Sullivan incident where small clearly dived to get him booked. Only big one he missed was a free on Lyne at the end out by the sideline. That was a killer for Kerry because it handed Dublin possession at such a crucial time.

Nope, I quoted the rulebook in support.

In concluding that Small dived, they are trying to defend Gough, but he gave a free. If he gave that free for O'Sullivan holding his arm, then that was a second yellow and a red. So either Gough was wrong to give the free, or Gough was wrong not to give a second yellow. Not possible to say that Gough got them all right if you say that Small dived.

The rulebook is actually much harsher than how most referees ref the game.

In concluding that Small dived, they are trying to defend Gough, but he gave a free. If he gave that free for O'Sullivan holding his arm, then that was a second yellow and a red. So either Gough was wrong to give the free, or Gough was wrong not to give a second yellow. Not possible to say that Gough got them all right if you say that Small dived.

It was not a bookable offence, the only time he had come to the refs attention before that was for the free and card immediately before. You are misinterpreting the rules to suit your position. Gough got the call right imo.

It was not a bookable offence, the only time he had come to the refs attention before that was for the free and card immediately before. You are misinterpreting the rules to suit your position. Gough got the call right imo.

Under which rule did he commit an offence?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭gaffer91

Gough was wrong to give the free- Small dived. Actually a despicable tactic to try and get an opponent sent off in an All Ireland final and he should be very ashamed of himself. Dublin scored the resulting free from the dive too- another favourable decision going their way.

Under which rule did he commit an offence?

You quoted it yourself

The referee handbook is here
    https://learning.gaa.ie/sites/default/files/GAARefereeHandbook.pdf

Page 40 lists those offences as a free and tick

Please note that referees are also allowed to use their discretion if they believe a foul is accidental. There really was minimal contact and Small made the most of it. It was called correctly. No point engaging further on it because I doubt either of us will change our mind.

I commend Gough because he could have bowed to the crowd pressure and sent him off. Instead he used his judgement and followed the rules of the game. Would anybody be complaining if Cooper hadn’t been very correctly sent off before that? I really doubt it tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I'm bitterly disappointed they are not charging double for the replay tickets, really failing the live up to the Grab All Association name, also why aren't there more engineered draws they're really missing a trick there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I'm bitterly disappointed they are not charging double for the replay tickets, really failing the live up to the Grab All Association name, also why aren't there more engineered draws they're really missing a trick there.

Someone will say those at the previous one should go free! :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Joking aside it would have been nice to put some on public sale in Kerry and Dublin rather than every club in Ireland with zero interest

You quoted it yourself

The referee handbook is here
    https://learning.gaa.ie/sites/default/files/GAARefereeHandbook.pdf

Page 40 lists those offences as a free and tick

A repeat offence is a second yellow, not a further tick.

Please note that referees are also allowed to use their discretion if they believe a foul is accidental. There really was minimal contact and Small made the most of it. It was called correctly. No point engaging further on it because I doubt either of us will change our mind.

Yes, they are allowed to use their discretion if they believe a foul is accidental. So O'Sullivan accidentally held on to Small. OK, if that's what you believe.
    I commend Gough because he could have bowed to the crowd pressure and sent him off. Instead he used his judgement and followed the rules of the game. Would anybody be complaining if Cooper hadn’t been very correctly sent off before that? I really doubt it tbh.

If a referee uses his judgement in the way that you describe for one player on one team, but not for a different player on another team, then he is inconsistent, exactly as has been said by me.

I would have no issue with Cooper having escaped being sent-off as a result of Gough using his judgement, so long as he equally used his judgement not to send O'Sullivan off.

Some referees use their judgement differently and as a result, there are different outcomes, all we ask is consistency. That was missing in how the two players were treated.

If Gough had strictly applied the rules, as he did in the case of Cooper (in fear of being accused of bias because Cooper works in DCU) then the game would have finished 11 v 12. I wouldn't have an issue with that, as he would have applied the rules in a consistent way. Neither would I have an issue with 14 v 14 and Cooper and O'Sullivan both being sent off. The issue all comes down, as the newspapers pointed out, to a lack of consistency by Gough. When examining each individual incident, you can say that Gough got them right, so long as you apply different standards to different players.

A repeat offence is a second yellow, not a further tick.

Yes, they are allowed to use their discretion if they believe a foul is accidental. So O'Sullivan accidentally held on to Small. OK, if that's what you believe.

If a referee uses his judgement in the way that you describe for one player on one team, but not for a different player on another team, then he is inconsistent, exactly as has been said by me.

I would have no issue with Cooper having escaped being sent-off as a result of Gough using his judgement, so long as he equally used his judgement not to send O'Sullivan off.

Some referees use their judgement differently and as a result, there are different outcomes, all we ask is consistency. That was missing in how the two players were treated.

If Gough had strictly applied the rules, as he did in the case of Cooper (in fear of being accused of bias because Cooper works in DCU) then the game would have finished 11 v 12. I wouldn't have an issue with that, as he would have applied the rules in a consistent way. Neither would I have an issue with 14 v 14 and Cooper and O'Sullivan both being sent off. The issue all comes down, as the newspapers pointed out, to a lack of consistency by Gough. When examining each individual incident, you can say that Gough got them right, so long as you apply different standards to different players.

What repeat offence? That was his first tick afaik? He got booked for a separate incident before that but I don’t remember his name being taken outside that.

Are you saying that once you have a yellow any other offence is an automatic sending off? If you are then you are wrong I am afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Relevant. They're shocked it's even a talking point, it's so obvious Gough got all the big calls 100% correct.

https://twitter.com/TheGAAHour/status/1168568210146451457?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

They obviously didn’t review the incidents objectively so. O Callaghan was clearly fouled in box in second half when he only got a free. Look at live coverage at 46:49 of the two players in the box as the ball is coming towards him. He’s hanging out of O Callaghan who is trying to break free, it was far more a peno then the one Kerry got. Clear as day but after the abuse the ref got from some folk before the game, they didn’t want to cause much controversy.

If decisions had gone exactly opposite yesterday I don’t believe there would be as resounding praise of the ref. That’s the price you pay for being the best. Everybody wants to see you knocked off your perch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

PressRun wrote: »
    I also fancy Dublin for the replay. Truth be told, they were well in control before the sending off.
    This is the important period for me. Dublin weren't even playing well but they were in total cruise mode at that stage, without the red card I have little doubt that they would have went 5 then 6 then 7/8/9 points ahead as the game went on.

Even with 14 men they were in control before the sucker punch goal, and even then again in the last 5 minutes there was only one team that looked like scoring.

Thats all from a team that I don't think played well at all and had a lot of players off form. I just can't see how they don't win the replay quite comfortably to be honest.

Drumpot wrote: »
    They obviously didn’t review the incidents objectively so. O Callaghan was clearly fouled in box in second half when he only got a free. Look at live coverage at 46:49 of the two players in the box as the ball is coming towards him. He’s hanging out of O Callaghan who is trying to break free, it was far more a peno then the one Kerry got. Clear as day but after the abuse the ref got from some folk before the game, they didn’t want to cause much controversy.

If decisions had gone exactly opposite yesterday I don’t believe there would be as resounding praise of the ref. That’s the price you pay for being the best. Everybody wants to see you knocked off your perch.

Why don’t you listen to it and see for yourself, it’s three analysts from non competing counties who have all played the game. They are not objective but let me guess, you are?

On the O’Callaghan incident you could be right but if you want to play that game look back to the Geaney goal attempt and McCarthy clearance off the line. Gough missed the most blatant penalty you’ll ever see when Cooper hauled O’Shea down on to his knees in the build up. He also missed a clear free and possible penalty for O’Brien in the second half and another key free on Lyne at the death when a possession for Kerry may well have won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Random question but is there any way I can find out exactly what time throw in was yesterday? Think it might have been slightly after 3.30. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Happy4all wrote:
    Joking aside it would have been nice to put some on public sale in Kerry and Dublin rather than every club in Ireland with zero interest
    If ticktes went on general sale touts would sell them for thousands.

Tickets go to every club Ireland because they are the people who play, coach and follow the football all year.

People in counties like Leitrim and Louth can only dream of getting to an all ireland final.

Why shouldn't they get their tickets when they've earned them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

dobman88 wrote: »
    Relevant. They're shocked it's even a talking point, it's so obvious Gough got all the big calls 100% correct.

https://twitter.com/TheGAAHour/status/1168568210146451457?s=19

This place will explode the day a lad is actually sent off wrongly. Cooper was lucky to last as long as he did.
    Gough had a good game. Got all the big calls right. The O'Sullivan "foul" was barely a free, no comparison with Coopers second yellow card which was almost a judo flip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

At least Whelan was man enough to come out and say he got the Cooper red wrong. Wonder will Brolly or does he still thinks it's a free out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

Any see Kerry maor uisce or whatever he was, in front of the hogan/davin end in the last few minutes of the game, squirting water from a bottle at Kevin Mac as he was running up the line with the ball. Not very sportman like.

At least Whelan was man enough to come out and say he got the Cooper red wrong. Wonder will Brolly or does he still thinks it's a free out...

RTE need to end the practice of analysts from competing counties particularly using players that are not retired that long. Both All-Irelands have been an embarrassment for them in terms of analysis.
    Am actually watching the Sky analysis now, far superior and unbiased - fair play to O'Connell on it, he called it as he saw without any bias.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

mobby wrote: »
    Any see Kerry maor uisce or whatever he was, in front of the hogan/davin end in the last few minutes of the game, squirting water from a bottle at Kevin Mac as he was running up the line with the ball. Not very sportman like.

Have heard that. Haven't seen it. Wouldnt take much notice of it, its water ffs. Sherlock was acting the maggot all game too. Any time Ryan had some space to kick to, Sherlock would be on the pitch making it look like hes giving instructions but all the keeper would see is a player from his view.

It's trying to gain an edge and although it's slightly annoying I dont have a problem with it. Its top level sport, you expect a bit of ****housery and both sides have the ability to participate in abundance.

Why don’t you listen to it and see for yourself, it’s three analysts from non competing counties who have all played the game. They are not objective but let me guess, you are?

On the O’Callaghan incident you could be right but if you want to play that game look back to the Geaney goal attempt and McCarthy clearance off the line. Gough missed the most blatant penalty you’ll ever see when Cooper hauled O’Shea down on to his knees in the build up. He also missed a clear free and possible penalty for O’Brien in the second half and another key free on Lyne at the death when a possession for Kerry may well have won it.

Gough also missed a head charge from Moran that led directly to a Kerry point.

There were plenty of decisions were things were let go. I think Gough generally had a good game. I’m just surprised that the narrative is so one sided and know for a fact had roles been reversed, had Dublin fans made such a fuss about a ref and then had those sort of decisions go their way that people would struggle to be so glowing about Gough.

Gough also missed a head charge from Moran that led directly to a Kerry point.

There were plenty of decisions were things were let go. I think Gough generally had a good game. I’m just surprised that the narrative is so one sided and know for a fact had roles been reversed, had Dublin fans made such a fuss about a ref and then had those sort of decisions go their way that people would struggle to be so glowing about Gough.

I’m not sure what you want people to say? You will never get a game where a ref gets everything spot on. The way he reffed yesterday was the way he refs every game, he gave a similar penalty earlier in the championship and is known for being fussy about holding. The sending off was clear cut, and I think he got the O’Sullivan call right as well.

The frankly weird half time analysis on RTE has coloured a lot of the narrative that Dublin were somehow victims imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Can the commentators be changed for the replay also. Mcstay sounded like he was commentating on a funeral !

• Advertisement

I’m not sure what you want people to say? You will never get a game where a ref gets everything spot on. The way he reffed yesterday was the way he refs every game, he gave a similar penalty earlier in the championship and is known for being fussy about holding. The sending off was clear cut, and I think he got the O’Sullivan call right as well.

The frankly weird half time analysis on RTE has coloured a lot of the narrative that Dublin were somehow victims imo

I’m not disputing what you are saying, I’m disputing what’s not being discussed.

If people want to review ref decisions they should review them all, not just the ones that suit a certain narrative. I’ve given two incidents ( a Kerry point that came from a charging foul and a Dublin penalty) that could of made a difference but they weren’t discussed, why is that ?

I’m not disputing what you are saying, I’m disputing what’s not being discussed.

If people want to review ref decisions they should review them all, not just the ones that suit a certain narrative. I’ve given two incidents ( a Kerry point that came from a charging foul and a Dublin penalty) that could of made a difference but they weren’t discussed, why is that ?

The media dictate what the talking points are. There is no appetite among the casual fan for poring over every incident and decision, and there isn’t time to do so anyway. Most people don’t care and will only look at it through the prism of their own team.

The media dictate what the talking points are. There is no appetite among the casual fan for poring over every incident and decision, and there isn’t time to do so anyway. Most people don’t care and will only look at it through the prism of their own team.

So you don’t really want to discuss the objectivity of the ref . Just the parts that suit the narrative playing out in the media? gotcha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Can the commentators be changed for the replay also. Mcstay sounded like he was commentating on a funeral !

You could change channel

So you don’t really want to discuss the objectivity of the ref . Just the parts that suit the narrative playing out in the media? gotcha

What? I am just stating why the main talking points are what they are. The media, and in particular the broadcast media dictate the narrative after games.

We can discuss any incident you want. You’ve pointed out a few that went against Dublin, I pointed out a few that went against Kerry. What more is there to say?

On Gough and his objectivity I did not want him on this game as I don’t think any ref should officiate games involving the county where they live / work but it is what it is and fans like you and me don’t get a say. How much all the talk beforehand effected him we will never know, he probably doesn’t even know himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Happy4all wrote: »
    You could change channel

Who got man of the match. I missed the Sunday game last night......jack mccaffery.......? Who noticed his sprint to the ‘jax’ right on the half time whistle......that alone deserved the MoM award

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Picture of Tommy Walsh about to do a rugby style pick up of David Moran for the last minute Rock free kick is awesome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭aodomhnaill

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Who got man of the match. I missed the Sunday game last night......jack mccaffery.......? Who noticed his sprint to the ‘jax’ right on the half time whistle......that alone deserved the MoM award

thought he was going to run straight into the stand hoarding and break through it. no way it was the jacks, if it was we all know ass cheeks clenched slow walk til you get to safety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Road-Hog wrote: »

Jax McCaffrey ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Was looking at the recording earlier. McStay has no business being a commentator on live games. Sounds more like someone in a pub who has a bet on one of the teams. Not difficult to guess which one in this instance.

On Gough and his objectivity I did not want him on this game as I don’t think any ref should officiate games involving the county where they live / work but it is what it is and fans like you and me don’t get a say. How much all the talk beforehand effected him we will never know, he probably doesn’t even know himself.

So it will be okay if Dublin get Curran and Charlie and Whelan to mount a two week campaign against Lane on the basis of ……… drumroll...…. Cork is beside Kerry. And more sinisterly he is from the part closest to Kerry :eek:

Of course they won't do that. Who would ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭rm75

Meh ,obsession with refs in any sport irritate me, these things tend to even out over the long run. Nothing worse than a soccer manager whinging about a ref. Thought the Kerry lad should have been sent off but even the best ref in the world cant catch everything. On to the replay.

rm75 wrote: »
    Meh ,obsession with refs in any sport irritate me, these things tend to even out over the long run. Nothing worse than a soccer manager whinging about a ref. Thought the Kerry lad should have been sent off but even the best ref in the world cant catch everything. On to the replay.

Ref had next to no impact on the result of the game in terms of getting decisions wrong. That's really all you can ask for.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    So it will be okay if Dublin get Curran and Charlie and Whelan to mount a two week campaign against Lane on the basis of ……… drumroll...…. Cork is beside Kerry. And more sinisterly he is from the part closest to Kerry :eek:

Of course they won't do that. Who would ;)

They probably should be from a neutral province ideally. Gough and Lane are probably the best refs we have at the moment though and you want the best refs on the top games. I don’t know. I’ve no say in it anyway. Let people say whatever they want.

It's swings and roundabouts. They make mistakes same as anyone else but no one should cast aspersions on their actions as being biased.

Which is what was done in the case of Gough. He is obviously no more biased to Dublin (or Kerry for that matter) than Lane will be. It was a nasty insidious campaign and should be called for what it was.

But not suggesting that this was initiated by the Kerry team.

there is only one ref of top panel that I would not want to ref it. and he's neither of the above!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Deep into injury-time with the scores 1-16 apiece and Dublin holding possession, he said something like "they want to hold the ball now for the next 90 seconds, and if they do, the five-in-a-row is theirs".

But the highlights show subtlety cut out the second part of that sentence. I assume he momentarily forgot about the Hawkeye over-rule on Costello's point, but it was a boo-boo nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Happy4all wrote: »

Join a club. Bandwagoners can watch it on tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

McManaman kicked away the goalkeepers tee and stood in front of his kickout too so..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

robbiezero wrote: »
    Ref had next to no impact on the result of the game in terms of getting decisions wrong. That's really all you can ask for.

That's really open to debate though depending on your opinion.

Some would say it wasn't a pen..... or that it should gave been taken again(keeper clearly off his line)......Kerry player should have seen red........dubs fouled at least twice in dying minutes to turn over 2 crucial possessions- but no free given either time......7 plus minutes because Dubs were losing- no major injuries . There are probably a few others too.

A lot of the above could be argued depending on your viewpoint, all were crucial and had a big impact.
    That said, no ref really gets everything right to the point of both sets of fans not finding fault on crucial decisions, especially when there is an absolute microscope on them.
    Also, the discussion on his decisions not helped by the ridiculous comments at ht.....free out me hole.

I thought he did very well and got the decisions right.

And I'm a real neutral, I wanted both teams to lose.

Edgware wrote: »
    Join a club. Bandwagoners can watch it on tv

A lot of club members who go don't get tickets. I have PP but have little chance of getting one from former club, and wouldn't expect to have.

Usually, if I recall 2016 correctly, replays see a lot more going to the counties involved as a whole slew of tickets for first day - minors, overseas, etc, don't apply.

2016 replay was 90% Dub/Mayo. Yesterday, there were a lot of people from other than the four competing just looking at lack of colours in stands. Not on hill of course which was almost entirely of one or other persuasion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

There'd have been threads started and new accounts set up if that was Dub!

Similar to the Keegan GPS thing, no one cares if they're not from Dublin..

Nothing to see here move along. Choo Choo.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement