Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three 14 day cooling off

Options
  • 12-08-2019 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

I signed up with three bill phone through carphone warehouse. I can't get any 3g signal in my house and I don't have broadband at home so I want to cancel my contract. I am still inside the cooling off period. I have contacted carphone warehouse and three directly and both are fobbing me off not letting me cancel. What is the point of the cooling off period of the contract if it can't be cancelled? Carphone warehouse outlined if I got direct return number (DRN) off Three I could cancel the contract but Three are saying this is incorrect from carphone warehouse they don't give out DRN's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

kevin306 wrote: »
    I signed up with three bill phone through carphone warehouse. I can't get any 3g signal in my house and I don't have broadband at home so I want to cancel my contract. I am still inside the cooling off period. I have contacted carphone warehouse and three directly and both are fobbing me off not letting me cancel. What is the point of the cooling off period of the contract if it can't be cancelled? Carphone warehouse outlined if I got direct return number (DRN) off Three I could cancel the contract but Three are saying this is incorrect from carphone warehouse they don't give out DRN's

Try contacting 3 here on boards and outline the above. If you are still unable to cancel then you can go to Comreg. Best to have things in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

Try contacting 3 here on boards and outline the above. If you are still unable to cancel then you can go to Comreg. Best to have things in writing.

Three have departed from the Talk to section in Boards as have eir and Vodafone

Three have departed from the Talk to section in Boards as have eir and Vodafone

Thanks leche solara. I forgot to check. OP you can also reach out to them on various social media platforms too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Thanks leche solara. I forgot to check. OP you can also reach out to them on various social media platforms too.

My understanding with the 14 day cooling off period is that it applies to online orders only.

200motels wrote: »
    My understanding with the 14 day cooling off period is that it applies to online orders only.

Taken from CCPC:
    The right to change your mind
    The “cooling off” or cancellation period is 14 days from the date the contract started. You do not have to give any reason for cancelling, but bear in mind you may have to pay for the cost of returning any items to the business. If you cancel the service, the business by law has to refund you within 14 days. The refund also includes any delivery costs that you may have had to pay.

Some services are not covered by this cooling-off period, for example, hotel bookings, car rental and travel tickets are specifically excluded. Services that have already begun, with the consumer’s agreement, before the end of the 14 working day period are also excluded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

Taken from CCPC:

With that statement then I am entitled to cancel the contract correct

Yes, you are able to cancel your services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Do everything in writing and do it quick.

I made the mistake of signing up to 3 a couple of years ago and didn't act quickly enough. I saw my contract out, paid the price and moved on.

Their coverage is shocking and it WILL NOT get any better no matter what bullshít they shovel to you.

Leave now, while you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

Yes, you are able to cancel your services.

Has anyone done this previously and been successful. Is there an approach I need to take because basically Three are just refusing to let me cancel the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭banie01

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Are you getting a signal outside your house? If you are then they are unlikely to cancel the contract as the lack of signal inside the house is likely due to insulation used in the house.

If you don't have a signal outside the house then you need to raise a formal complaint and request that Three technical investigate the lack of signal. If technical confirm the lack of reception the should then agree to cancel the contract. If they don't then raise the matter with Comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Did you buy online or in store? If online you can cancel, if in store you can't.

Advertisement