Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCC decreasing the term ?

Options
  • 13-08-2019 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all

Wondering if anyone has ever paid off their mortgage early with DCC or paid a lump sum off what was left and if so did it save a huge amount of interest ?

Called DCC today and it seems impossible to get someone who knows what there talking about and everyone I spoke with told me something different.

Thanks all

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

10248168 wrote: »
    Hi all

Wondering if anyone has ever paid off their mortgage early with DCC or paid a lump sum off what was left and if so did it save a huge amount of interest ?

Called DCC today and it seems impossible to get someone who knows what there talking about and everyone I spoke with told me something different.

Thanks all

What kind of mortgage do you have with them?
    Shared ownership (50/50) ?
    Affordable housing?
    Straight out council mortgage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 10248168

kceire wrote: »
    What kind of mortgage do you have with them?
    Shared ownership (50/50) ?
    Affordable housing?
    Straight out council mortgage?

It was originally shared ownership through affordable housing but I took full ownership in 2016 so now own it outright. Will still be liable for claw back if I was to sell it for another 6 years but not planning on selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,520 ✭✭✭✭ted1

They charge 2.3% interest, you could work it out yourself

Advertisement