If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 49UK6400PLF Settings

Options
  • 13-08-2019 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

I purchased an LG 49UK6400PLF last week and am finding it extremely difficult to get a good picture on it. Some scenes in moves seem very dark while some other scenes are showing pople withextremely shiny faces. I went into Standaed mode but cant get a good picture. Can anyone help please with settings..

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I purchased an LG 49UK6400PLF last week and am finding it extremely difficult to get a good picture on it. Some scenes in moves seem very dark while some other scenes are showing pople withextremely shiny faces. I went into Standaed mode but cant get a good picture. Can anyone help please with settings..
    Hey JimmyIreland.

There is no real right answer to your question unfortunately as its really down to how each individual likes the picture to look.
    I have an OLED and it took me ages just sitting trying out different settings to see which worked best for me.
    There are a few guides you can go by and if needed add your own tweeks.

The below link is the settings that LG recommend for their televisions:
    https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-library/best-picture-settings-for-your-lg-4k-or-4k-oled-tv-CT10000018-20150577528034

The following is a little snippet from Which Magazine for LG picture settings:
    [font=StagSansWeb-Book, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]First, select Standard mode under picture settings and turn off Dynamic Contrast. Next, reduce TruMotion (ie motion compensation) via custom mode – set De-judder to five and De-blur to eight. LG TVs tend to have slightly over-emphasised colours, so put Dynamic Colour to medium or low to compensate (you can keep the Colour Gamut as ‘wide’).[/font]

Also in the advance setting try turning off the following:
    • [font=GothamRounded-Medium, GothamRounded-Book, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Super Resolution:[/font] Off
    • [font=GothamRounded-Medium, GothamRounded-Book, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Dynamic Color:[/font] Off
    • [font=GothamRounded-Medium, GothamRounded-Book, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Clear White:[/font] Off
    • [font=GothamRounded-Medium, GothamRounded-Book, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Motion Eye Care:[/font] Off
    • [font=GothamRounded-Medium, GothamRounded-Book, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]TruMotion:[/font] Off
    • [font=GothamRounded-Medium, GothamRounded-Book, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Real Cinema:[/font] Off
    [*]

[font=GothamRounded-Book, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Have a little play around with some of the above adjustments and let me know if any of it helps.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

Thank
    Hey JimmyIreland.

There is no real right answer to your question unfortunately as its really down to how each individual likes the picture to look.
    I have an OLED and it took me ages just sitting trying out different settings to see which worked best for me.
    There are a few guides you can go by and if needed add your own tweeks.

The below link is the settings that LG recommend for their televisions:
    https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-library/best-picture-settings-for-your-lg-4k-or-4k-oled-tv-CT10000018-20150577528034

The following is a little snippet from Which Magazine for LG picture settings:
    [font=StagSansWeb-Book,]First, select Standard mode under picture settings and turn off Dynamic Contrast. Next, reduce TruMotion (ie motion compensation) via custom mode – set De-judder to five and De-blur to eight. LG TVs tend to have slightly over-emphasised colours, so put Dynamic Colour to medium or low to compensate (you can keep the Colour Gamut as ‘wide’).[/font]

Also in the advance setting try turning off the following:
    • [font=GothamRounded-Medium, GothamRounded-Book,]Super Resolution:[/font] Off
    • [font=GothamRounded-Medium, GothamRounded-Book,]Dynamic Color:[/font] Off
    • [font=GothamRounded-Medium, GothamRounded-Book,]Clear White:[/font] Off
    • [font=GothamRounded-Medium, GothamRounded-Book,]Motion Eye Care:[/font] Off
    • [font=GothamRounded-Medium, GothamRounded-Book,]TruMotion:[/font] Off
    • [font=GothamRounded-Medium, GothamRounded-Book,]Real Cinema:[/font] Off

[*]

[font=GothamRounded-Book, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Have a little play around with some of the above adjustments and let me know if any of it helps.[/font]
    [*]
    you very much for your help. Will try all those

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

No problem JimmyIreland.

Let me know how you get on.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.