Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadowrun - Intro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Rude recieves a message pop up in his right eye. Zipfile suggests getting Yu to have the woman hand over access to her limo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    Rude recieves a message pop up in his right eye. Zipfile suggests getting Yu to have the woman hand over access to her limo.

'Oy, Yu! Tell that broad to give Zippy ere access to the limo! Please and thanks, I s'pose'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Frostburn receives a message:
    "Frosty, this might be more your scene. Got it from the car. Those symbols mean anything to you?"

Attached is a file written in magical symbols.

Frostburn examines the symbols

OOC: emmmmmm.......

Frostburn can tell it's some kind of summoning spell for a wind spirit. A strong one. She doesn't have the magical strength to perform it herself. Though she finds the spirits name. Untempered Gust literally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Yu speaks into the commslink again, "Can you arrange handing over access to the limo to our resendent decker, zippy"

• Advertisement

Frostburn can tell it's some kind of summoning spell for a wind spirit. A strong one. She doesn't have the magical strength to perform it herself. Though she finds the spirits name. Untempered Gust literally.

Frostburn relays this back through the comms link to the sender of the symbols.

She moves towards the edge of the store and readies a fireball spell in her mind... Just in case.

sKeith wrote: »
    Yu speaks into the commslink again, "Can you arrange handing over access to the limo to our resendent decker, zippy"
    "Yes of course...I'll do that now..."

Baggly wrote: »
    Frostburn relays this back through the comms link to the sender of the symbols.

She moves towards the edge of the store and readies a fireball spell in her mind... Just in case.
    Frostburn sends the message back to Zipfile without issue and a ball of flame grows to the size of a golf ball inside her hand, small bits of flame coursing up her forearm.

Rude moves to the other side of the door to Frostburn, waiting for word to go and clobber something.

"Yes of course...I'll do that now..."
    "Zippy, access is being granted to you momentarily for the limo outside."

• Advertisement

Frostburn sends the message back to Zipfile without issue and a ball of flame grows to the size of a golf ball inside her hand, small bits of flame coursing up her forearm.

OOC: Anywhere i could throw it to cause a diversion? Lets say if i were to make it bigger and diversion worthy?

OOC: Anywhere i could throw it to cause a diversion? Lets say if i were to make it bigger and diversion worthy?
    Frostburn notices a bunch of the gangers congregated near a power unit. Hitting it might take out the power on the street for a few minutes.

Frostburn notices a bunch of the gangers congregated near a power unit. Hitting it might take out the power on the street for a few minutes.

OOC: Experience tells me nothing bad can happen from attacking a power source with a powerful energy weapon thing. This is likely what FB will be doing next, lads.

Zipfile sends the message:

"I have the car. Let me know what gwan, I'll bring it round the front when you make your move."

OOC: Zipfile has accessed area maps.

Here is the shop:
    KYPoz4.jpg
    A: Checkout
    B: Arcade machines
    C: Manager's Office
    D: Drink dispenser bar
    E: Microwave
    F: Ice cream machine
    G: Sitting room outside rest room and office
    H: Stockroom and employee break area
    J: Coolers with beer and food
    K: Soy ice cream freezers
    L: Promotional display featuring trid display of the Twins from pop-music oddity LiquidSkins. Trid = 3D holovision video

Here is the warehouse complex (Limo is next to building on the left):
    3CJ1H8.jpg

And here is Seattle (it's big):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/v87kq20hf8pwrnd/Seattle.pdf?dl=0

Note Seattle is massive, but feel free to go absolutely anywhere you want. This is a complete open Sandbox, I've a ton of jobs at several locations

There's a gunshot heard outside. One of the gang members near the limo getting attention. He begins to boast loudly how "da prize" is for his gang

Frostburn pours more mana into the fireball and lobs it at the power source.

Frostburn tosses the fireball out the window of the Stuffer Shack where it sails into the Power Unit.

Power shuts off on both sides of the street, making it difficult to see for eyes used to neon and activity 24/7.

The gangs begin laying into each other outside, the cracking of jaws and screams of fury audible within the shack. A massive Troll gets tossed in through the main window of the shack, crashing into and toppling an aisle.

Frostburn tosses the fireball out the window of the Stuffer Shack where it sails into the Power Unit.

Power shuts off on both sides of the street, making it difficult to see for eyes used to neon and activity 24/7.

The gangs begin laying into each other outside, the cracking of jaws and screams of fury audible within the shack. A massive Troll gets tossed in through the main window of the shack, crashing into and toppling an aisle.

Rude runs and attacks the Troll head on

Yu lays in some kicks on the fallen troll.

• Advertisement

As the Troll begins to get up Rude easily takes him down again where upon he is knocked out by a swift kick from Yu.

The fighting outside intensifies. Frostburn feels and shortly later sees a weak enough fire spirit being summoned onto the physical plane. It promptly grabs some gangers by the face with its claws and melts their skulls.

Thankfully the fighting seems to be confined to the streets for now.

Frostburn works up her improved invisibility spell and casts it on herself.

Rude waits for direction from the others. He's not very good at devising the schemes but he likes smashing things.

He picks up another cream soda and starts to drink it.

Rude sees the following pop-up in his right eye from Zipfile:

"You guys didn't ditch me in the café and head to the Brawl bar up the block without me did you?"

Rude responds

'Nope, just drinkin some soda. Troll business, you'd have enjoyed it. Some sort of crazy sh1t is happening outside'

Frostburn works up her improved invisibility spell and casts it on herself.
    Frostburn pulls the mana needed into herself, but a passing gust of mana wind overloads her and leaves her a bit woozy for a second.

OOC: Frostburn slightly stunned, she'll be over it in a second. Incredibly unlucky roll. Let me know if she goes for it again

OOC: She will :)

The streams of mana are calmer now and Frostburn pulls in enough energy to render herself almost completely invisible. Even her team mates have a hard time seeing her, the only effect being a slight shimmering in the air where she stands.

Frostburn walks over to the limo, avoiding bumping into anyone or drawing attention to herself.

• Advertisement

Frostburn heads across the streets, the gangs are now knifing and beating the crap out of each other. She deftly sidesteps a few people who might knock into her and manages to get across into the warehouse complex where the leaders of the Elven gang and the Troll and Ork gangs are having a magic duel off to see who claims the Envoy as a hostage. Though they should be able to sense her if they stop for a moment, they're too engrossed in the fight for obvious reasons.

Frostburn makes it to the Limo and stands just next to it. She can see Erika Hoffman inside in a panicked state.

Advertisement