Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are women so annoying?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

I don't find either sex more or less annoying. Just individuals, who can be male or female. Tis no fun, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Sounds like more of a whine jumper

Very good :pac:

Tell her next time to get the bus or learn how to drive

She has her own car. But like I said, I was just being a supportive boyfriend.
    endacl wrote: »
    Why do you hate fish, OP? Did a fish make fun of your jumper?

Don't get this?
    Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Just agree and do what they want.

It's easier and mostly involves small things

That seems to be what most men do.

For sex.

Well that's just a massive assumption on your part.
    There could be loads of reasons why I'm with her. You happen to be right in this case but it's wrong to stereotype men like that.

in relationships - women look for conflict, men look for peace.
    It's always the woman that starts moaning about something, men never do.

No need for sweeping statements like this.
    It doesn't help the conversation.

i like fish though

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Honestly had to read that 5 times to understand what you were saying

Only 5 times...well done !

BTW OP, ever consider she just wanted you to look nice, she'd be parading you in front of all the knocked up single moms (assuming natal appointment here) silently and judgementally screaming the way women do to each other, "in your face bitches, this one's mine"

lol you might be on to something. Do you give lessons on the female mind?
    You picked her OP. :P:P

I did. But in my defense I couldn't see her personality on Tinder :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Is she anti-fish or pro-fish?

Ahhhh just twigged the fish thing now. Haha, well played :o

She's actually loves fish. We're so incompatible :(

• Advertisement

You know you can stand up to your girlfriend and say, ‘I’ll wear what I like, thanks’.
    I actually had a boyfriend like this who made comments on my clothes (so it’s not just women). I actually can’t remember how I handled it in the past, but I certainly wouldn’t put up with someone telling me what to wear now.

It’s actually out-of-order to be honest. So many people treat their partners like possessions and think they have authority over their behaviors.
    It’s crazy that people put up with this kind of thing, to be honest.

[serious]
    You're right milli and of course men can also made comments like this.
    I do stand up to her. In this instance I told her it was a stupid thing to say and in the past I've said I'm not changing so let's leave. But it causes unnecessary conflict and a lot of men don't answer back for an easy life. Partners shouldn't have to stand up for themselves, the other person just shouldn't be stupid/annoying/bitchy/nasty/whatever in the first place. Both genders.

Honestly, my girlfriend isn't that bad. It's rare enough she'd say this kind of thing and if I say anything she'll drop it. We don't have arguments about it. This thread was "based on a true story" but a lot of it was tongue in check.
    [/serious]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Problem Of Motivation

Doesn't a mod usually come into these sort of threads and say "take your gender wars elsewhere" and then close the thread!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Yeah, if they’re a chick.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    I don't find either sex more or less annoying. Just individuals, who can be male or female. Tis no fun, I know.
    Men and women tend to be flawed in different ways.

For example, there is a higher likelihood and man will be weird than a woman will be. But I'd have to say there is a higher likelihood of women being annoying. Whether or not that is a silly way of thinking about it or not is a different matter, but what I said is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Men and women tend to be flawed in different ways.

For example, there is a higher likelihood and man will be weird than a woman will be. But I'd have to say there is a higher likelihood of women being annoying. Whether or not that is a silly way of thinking about it or not is a different matter, but what I said is true.
    A silly way of thinking or true - which is it?

Raconteuse wrote: »
    A silly way of thinking or true - which is it?
    What I mean is that someone might have an unusual outlook on things, but what they claim may never the less be true. It mightn't be healthy to go around around thinking of women as "the more annoying sex" when there's so much more to them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    ...lessons on the female mind?

Beyond the ken of mortal men that is Padawan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I'm with you OP. Bloody women. God damn females. Can't live with them, can't live without them. Sorry but do they think their vaginas make them the boss or something? They're not the boss of me. If I want to go out looking like a tramp then best believe I will and there's nothing you or your vagina can do about it. And if I want to wear a wine jumper, I will damn it. Oh it reminds you of your da's drinking problem? I don't CARE! F*ck both of you. I'm a man and I'll wear what I bloody well feel like. I didn't survive six years of private school and a lifetime of privilege to be dictated to by those whores.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Hammer89 wrote: »
    I'm with you OP. Bloody women. God damn females. Can't live with them, can't live without them. Sorry but do they think their vaginas make them the boss or something? They're not the boss of me. If I want to go out looking like a tramp then best believe I will and there's nothing you or your vagina can do about it. And if I want to wear a wine jumper, I will damn it. Oh it reminds you of your da's drinking problem? I don't CARE! F*ck both of you. I'm a man and I'll wear what I bloody well feel like. I didn't survive six years of private school and a lifetime of privilege to be dictated to by those whores.

Well....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Was a joke Roger.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

Shes gettin her thrills windin you up

Fight fire with fire

Casually mention she farts in her sleep when you have house guests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Go on go on caller.....

I've never actually heard women discuss how they deliberately plot to do this to their men. Do tell me more.

Deliberately plot?
    I said I've heard women mention stupid comments they've said to their partners. Like just chatting, not giving each other ideas to go home and try out. I don't think they are setting out to annoy, maybe some are? But it's just a case of them thinking their man doesn't have a mind of his own or isn't clever enough and he needs her wisdom to do the right thing. Even when they are clearly wrong, they like to give orders thinking they are right.

Example - "My husband was driving in the left hand lane of the motorway and only moving to the right hand side when overtaking. I told him he was an idiot and it was better to stay on the right all the time"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

There's a wall mounted coat rack in my room that I'm always a bit absentmindedly concerned about, there are far too many coats on it (yes I do need them all) and it looks like it might collapse one of these days. Fcukin light-of-my-life upstairs has developed a habit of leaning back against it when he's talking. First few times I said don't lean on that he says why, it'll fall says I, it won't says he.

Now, I don't know if this is just the particular co-habitational hill he's chosen to die on or a late-emergent, really specific learning disability, but stop his fcuking leaning he will not. I've given up.

Please God some day soon the coat rack will collapse. I'll get years out of that. YEARS.

My point is, probably just do what she asks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

We all know a girl who hangs around with fellas because other girls "are too much drama/bitchy".... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not sure which woman/women in this scenario you're bitching about, but for anyone who doesn't know, stay the eff away from the woman who hangs around with men because "girls are too much drama/bitchy". That woman is the biggest headwreck drama queen you'll ever meet, and she will run rings around whatever group of lads she inveigles her way into after enough women have seen through her sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Firstly, do you think I’m going to turn up in pajamas ffs? Secondly, I went to work in the morning so she knew I’d be smartly dressed. “Oh don’t wear that wine jumper you wear to work”. For someone who is so concerned about what I’m wearing, she hadn’t noticed I haven’t worn that for months and it’s a nice jumper anyway.

I wanted the next line to be "So, I collected her as agreed, and as it happens, I was wearing the wine jumper, just to prove to her how well it looks....

Should be mandatory, as a mark of respect to OP, that all attendees going to the boards meet up have to wear a wine jumper.

There's a wall mounted coat rack in my room that I'm always a bit absentmindedly concerned about, there are far too many coats on it (yes I do need them all) and it looks like it might collapse one of these days.
    How long is it on the wall now without collapsing? Did this man mount it on the wall for you?
    Fcukin light-of-my-life upstairs has developed a habit of leaning back against it when he's talking. First few times I said don't lean on that he says why, it'll fall says I, it won't says he.

Now, I don't know if this is just the particular co-habitational hill he's chosen to die on or a late-emergent, really specific learning disability, but stop his fcuking leaning he will not. I've given up.
    So far it would appear that you have been fretting about nothing and nagging him unnecessarily. Poor fella.
    Please God some day soon the coat rack will collapse. I'll get years out of that. YEARS.
    Not nice to be wishing bad fortune like that on the love of your life.
    My point is, probably just do what she asks.
    Why? Seems like the moral of your story is eventually the women will realise she is wrong and will stop nagging, if the man is strong enough to ride out the initial storm. I think your point should be that your man is smarter than you. You shouldn't be annoying him about trivial matters and really should consider apologising to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

A little annoyance can add that frisson of sexual tension. At some stage in a relationship you will annoy one another, but then there's always sex.

Would somebody be so kind to explain the fish reference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Paddy Smith and his nephew, Danny, are sitting at O’Brien’s pub, staring into their beers. Danny asks Paddy, “Uncle Pat, how can I be sure I found the right woman? How can I be a good husband like you? Do you have any words of wisdom for me?” “I’ll tell you what, ‘lil Danny,” says Paddy, putting his arm around his inquisitive nephew. “The key is you have to know the difference between two words: COMPLETE and FINISHED.” “But it seems to me those words are pretty much the same,” says Danny. “Aaaahhhh, some people say there is no difference, me boy,” says Paddy, “But there is.” “Aw, c’mon uncle Pat,” says Danny. “Complete means finished, and finished means complete. I don’t see a difference.” Paddy takes a long swig of his Guinness, leans over to his nephew, and says, “When you marry the right woman, you are COMPLETE.” “But,“ adds Paddy, “When you marry the wrong woman, you are FINISHED.” Paddy pauses for another swig and then adds, “And if you marry a woman who likes to go shopping, you are COMPLETELY FINISHED.”

Be careful OP, If she is dictating to you on what you should wear, she could bring you shopping ffs and that will be the end of it all.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

My username -
    H8 stands for hate, obvious enough.
    Ghoti is explained here.

My username -
    Ghoti is explained here.

Dunce hat for me.

Still, it's better than a wine jumper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Salt Lake Stallion

1st World problems eh, complaining because your girlfriend wants you to dress nice. Must be a tough life you have, I bet there are hungry children who feel really sorry for you.

My username -
    Ghoti is explained here.

Nooooo....FINEGANS WAKE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

No need for sweeping statements like this.
    It doesn't help the conversation.

That post was pro feminist, if you read it properly. Climb down there.

anewme wrote: »
    Nooooo....FINEGANS WAKE!!!

?????

Do I need a bigger dunce hat now?

Another relatively early appearance of ghoti was in a 1937 newspaper article,[2] and the term is alluded to in the 1939 James Joyce milestone experimental work of fiction Finnegans Wake.

On the thread about posters no longer here, there was a poster apparently who used to write essays on Finegans Wake. He was a fantasist.

anewme wrote: »
    Another relatively early appearance of ghoti was in a 1937 newspaper article,[2] and the term is alluded to in the 1939 James Joyce milestone experimental work of fiction Finnegans Wake.

On the thread about posters no longer here, there was a poster apparently who used to write essays on Finegans Wake. He was a fantasist.

Well that's as clear as mud to me! 😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Well that's as clear as mud to me! ��
    Would have been clear as mud to the referenced poster too if he hadn't had access to Professor Google.

• Advertisement

I actually took it up another way with the fish reference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I have a feeling that the OP may be holding back certain key information. This thought crossed my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHMPP0B0uck

Gees wreck heads

It was a real tragedy when Steps covered it.

Some great harmonies though, and Jive Talking is a classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Perhaps we should now formally call on a few of the female members to tell us why they're so annoying?

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Perhaps we should now formally call on a few of the female members to tell us why they're so annoying?

Because ... *swishes hair* ... we're worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

ToddyDoody wrote: »

shure didnt I tell ya earlier tis d hormones they do be alllllllllll over d place and we are just mere wimen unable to cope

Either that or its a a hobby

Because ... *swishes hair* ... we're worth it.

Aren't we all.

Anyone else?

Toddy, we have vaginas.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    why men are so annoying? isnt this thread a prime enough example?

This is a thread about women though. Feel free to start that thread.

• Advertisement

Toddy, we have vaginas.

So?

Advertisement