Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are women so annoying?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

khalessi wrote: »
    shure didnt I tell ya earlier tis d hormones they do be alllllllllll over d place and we are just mere wimen unable to cope

Either that or its a a hobby

If it is a hobby why make the world an annoying place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    So?

Tis a joke Toddy. I can't answer for all women, but I'm annoying when I'm tired, hungry, have PMS or if someone is annoying me.

What makes you annoying?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Cos we are wimen and annoying

just going with theme of thread like. Id hate to disagree as that would be annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭SnazzyPig

Grow up.; If the woman isn't right for you you're not right for the woman.

Tis a joke Toddy. I can't answer for all women, but I'm annoying when I'm tired, hungry, have PMS or if someone is annoying me.

What makes you annoying?

So it does come down to weaknesses of sorts that leads to what we'd call 'being annoying'. If only these could be catered for better, for all our sakes.

Me, I'd say its my standoffishness that annoys people. The more standofish you are, the more people want to intrude. Its a vicious circle.

• Advertisement

Deja Boo wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Thanks for the permission TD, but it was a joke, as she says...

That's the thing. If I had a few pints it'd be a joke but I'm genuinely trying to explore a conflict in a bit more depth here. Otherwise nothing changes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

My OH gives out, nags and moans a lot - and he is a gay man! :D

In a perverse way I actually find some of his whingeing strangely comforting. But holidays with him are hard work. Never happy with the hotel we stay in - has to be perfect 4 star standard or better or nothing.

I'd happily stay in a youth hostel as long as it was clean and safe!:o:pac:

So you see OH, partners of either sex can be annoying. That's life and that's relationships...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

This is the mentality that makes people stay in abusive relationships. They accept things they shouldn't because they think all men/women are like that. Not sure whether disliking your wine jumper and 3-stripe polyester tracksuit bottoms counts as being abusive, but my point still stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

SnazzyPig wrote: »

Whats good for the goose is annoying for the gander, as they say.

Perhaps read Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.

Surely that just enforces the perceived differences between the sexes, creating more of a divide? Plus, it was written by a hack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I applaud you Toddy! Fighting the good fight. Trying to get the thread back on track.

It started fine but took a sinister turn when posters started giving out about men.
    Then someone tried to start a hashtag campaign against tall women. I know it looks funny when a woman is taller than her fella but she’s not choosing to be tall. Women do have a choice not to be annoying.
    We’ve had a woman wishing harm on her OH and a poster complaining about a gay man.

Back on topic please.

:rolleyes: And for a lad looking to do an indepth exploration of the conflict between the sexes, in an AH thread is a much better idea... :rolleyes:

Ah to be fair, on a good day you can have good discussions in AH but I'm mostly here for fun, as are most I'd imagine.

People need to accept that on average men and women are different. That one effeminate man or butch woman you know doesn't change the average of typically male and typically female behaviour. And no, it isn't a social construct. By and large it's driven by biology. Women need attention more than men do to protect them from being eaten by lions, hence the constant nagging. If men made lots of noise they would be crap at hunting and get eaten.

Thats why women want tall men. Pure biology. We are just animals... Look at human behaviour that way it all makes sense.

So was I, but Toddyboi took exception to us joking earlier.

Toddy is a good lad. Its just at that hour of the morning, men can be fierce annoying :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The book 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus' may be helpful in your quest.
    God no DB, awful book, with little meat to it and way too much supposition and outright nonsense that bears little or no scrutiny and invented and perpetuated fallacies about men and women.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Women need attention more than men do to protect them from eaten by lions, hence the constant nagging.
    One hypothesis goes that "nagging" is a way to keep men switched on and edgy more of the time to keep them on their toes about possible threats. Not so sure about that.

Though yes for the vast majority of human evolution and history women and kids were far more vulnerable and in need of protection than men(though more men died in the process). Years back there were chimpanzee attacks on people in an African wildlife area whose name escapes and they specifically targeted women on their own, even in groups of women. If an adult man was present they'd not risk it. Even though in pure physical terms a chimp could rip off a man's arm and beat him to death with the soggy end, adult men were seen as too much of a risk to take. Even tigers will be wary of attacking men when given a choice of targets. So yeah if more women are more socially and environmentally jumpy, even paranoid it makes perfect sense.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

as do men, but..... let's talk manflu ;)

Proving the point. A man gets sick once in a blue moon and its manflu whereas the woman has a never ending series of ailments all year round. Men do too but generally don't complain about them.

Every second TV commercial is about some medicine for women's ailments.

BTW if anyone has a cure for manflu I seem to have it really bad at the moment... Every year around this time I get it.

Women need attention more than men do to protect them from being eaten by lions, hence the constant nagging. If men made lots of noise they would be crap at hunting and get eaten.

Seems about right.

Actually, spot on in a way. Does lack of attention actually lead to vagina people (as described above) to experience anxiety and decreased mental health?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Bill Burr did a great routine on the old man face. Shows how that look of horror etched onto the faces of old men is derived from decades of nagging and the realisation that you will never escape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

People need to accept that on average men and women are different.
    Not seeing anyone suggest otherwise. Still doesn't justify negativity about women (or men - but here it's women who get the brunt of the malcontent mostly) across the board.

• Advertisement

SnazzyPig wrote: »

If you can’t handle me at my worst, you don’t deserve me at my best?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

H8GHOTI wrote: »

You should tell her that, you won't have to worry about what to wear as she'll forever picture you in a giant diaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

You should tell her that, you won't have to worry about what to wear as she'll forever picture you in a giant diaper

and a wine roundy neck jumper

JupiterKid wrote: »
    My OH gives out, nags and moans a lot - and he is a gay man! .....
    Ah well, that’s another option crossed off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Bill Burr did a great routine on the old man face. Shows how that look of horror etched onto the faces of old men is derived from decades of nagging and the realisation that you will never escape

Bill doesn't have much time for special treatment for sure :P, whenever I'm at a family gathering you can feel the evils from the fellas who are stuck with nags, they sit together like a support group. The thing is they chose to settle with them, they must have known at a certain point early on what they were dealing with.

as do men, but..... let's talk manflu ;)

Proving the point. A man gets sick once in a blue moon and its manflu whereas the woman has a never ending series of ailments all year round. Men do too but generally don't complain about them.

BTW if anyone has a cure for manflu I seem to have it really bad at the moment... Every year around this time I get it.

She’d like to help I’m sure but she’s too busy rollerblading and playing tennis.

Ah love Bill Burr, just remembered this bit about relationships.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Game of Thrones Fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Any time I see (yet another) anti women post on boards, I just think incels.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I think it's just smalltalk, there is no need to be so hostile about it. It's like the weather, does anyone really give a **** if it drizzles for a few minutes? I think not.

I’m not going to say it to her :roll eyes emoji:
    I was comparing that quote to the other one, which sounds like it was designed to excuse bad behaviour.

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Any time I see (yet another) anti women post on boards, I just think incels.
    That's a clever feminist tactic to silence men and stop them from calling out bad behavior. But there is nothing to stop women from complaining about men. Ryan Tubridy and Ciara Kelly brings them on air to have a little whine. Remember the Late Late show where Sinead O'Connor and Norah Casey gave out about men. Barbara Scully on Newstalk will always gets in little jibes about men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

As if anybody would take anything Sinéad O'Connor says at face value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

I’m not going to say it to her :roll eyes emoji:
    I was comparing that quote to the other one, which sounds like it was designed to excuse bad behaviour.

It is,it was all the rage for a while, I even know a girl that got it tattooed under her ribcage(good luck to the unfortunate that lands that peach)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It is,it was all the rage for a while, I even know a girl that got it tattooed under her ribcage(good luck to the unfortunate that lands that peach)

For every lady who recites that quote, there's a guy who says 'Club, Children, Wife. In that order'.

Stupid phrases or tattoos are not the possession of a single gender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Look, we all know what is going on here.

The OP is not getting any.

That's a clever feminist tactic to silence men and stop them from calling out bad behavior. But there is nothing to stop women from complaining about men. Ryan Tubridy and Ciara Kelly brings them on air to have a little whine. Remember the Late Late show where Sinead O'Connor and Norah Casey gave out about men. Barbara Scully on Newstalk will always gets in little jibes about men.
    Condemning an entire sex is stupid and resentful whether men or women.

There have been plenty of threads on AH questioning men, just as there have been about women. Usually started in jest or by trolls, I wouldnt take them too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭chrissb8

I think she just wanted to make sure you weren't wearing the wine jumper and knew you hadn't worn it in months. She just remembered how horrible it was an wanted to make sure you weren't going to rock up like you're on TV trying to sell a pension scheme with a free parker pen.

• Advertisement

There have been plenty of threads on AH questioning men, just as there have been about women. Usually started in jest or by trolls, I wouldnt take them too seriously.
    On Boards they're far far more having a go at women (male dominated site though) but in general, men can get slated too. And it's considered more acceptable also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Actually statistically in medical terms women are far more likely to die or go undiagnosed for far longer than men because we typically play down our pain levels or are just not taken seriously by doctors.
    http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180518-the-inequality-in-how-women-are-treated-for-pain

Actually statistically in medical terms women are far more likely to die or go undiagnosed for far longer than men because we typically play down our pain levels.
    http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180518-the-inequality-in-how-women-are-treated-for-pain

Also it has been discovered that women are taken less seriously with medical conditions such as heart attacks, generally they're asked what appears to be the problem an dmen are asked what is the problem. Also women are more then likely told that theyre depressed and offered councelling or anti depression meds rather then further examinations to assess condition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Also it has been discovered that women are taken less seriously with medical conditions such as heart attacks, generally they're asked what appears to be the problem an dmen are asked what is the problem. Also women are more then likely told that theyre depressed and offered councelling or anti depression meds rather then further examinations to assess condition

Or the best one: "Could you be due your period?" Have a baby, that will help you.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

A lot of women also miss the fact that they've had a heart attack. You know the way it's always depicted and warned about, and the symptoms that come up when you Google? Shooting pains in the chest and left arm? Women are less likely to experience those symptoms to the same degree and often experience a range of others: back pain, vomiting, pain in both arms.

In fact it's sometimes mixed up with symptoms of the menopause.

Just think about that for a sec, one of the things we're criticised for moaning about, and which happens to every woman, can be confused with a goddamned heart attack. And that's after about 360 weeks of your life spent bleeding out your genitals while in considerable pain, having doctors' hands up you in some semi regular capacity since the age of 25 and not even starting on pregnancy and childbirth.

Can you blame us for not taking men being incapacitated by a cold which they're convinced is a flu very seriously?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A lot of women also miss the fact that they've had a heart attack. You know the way it's always depicted and warned about, and the symptoms that come up when you Google? Shooting pains in the chest and left arm? Women are less likely to experience those symptoms to the same degree and often experience a range of others: back pain, vomiting, pain in both arms.

In fact it's sometimes mixed up with symptoms of the menopause.

Just think about that for a sec, one of the things we're criticised for moaning about, and which happens to every woman, can be confused with a goddamned heart attack. And that's after about 360 weeks of your life spent bleeding out your genitals while in considerable pain, having doctors' hands up you in some semi regular capacity since the age of 25 and not even starting on pregnancy and childbirth.

Can you blame us for not taking men being incapacitated by a cold which they're convinced is a flu very seriously?

Yeah but like, have you ever had to listen to a woman when they are having a heart attack, they go on and on and on.

I'm joking by the way. :pac:

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Yeah but like, have you ever had to listen to a woman when they are having a heart attack, they go on and on and on.

PMSL

And if you dont listen they fall on the floor flailing and being dramatic while going a strange colour, dem damn wimen folk

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Boom_Bap wrote: »

PMSL

And if you dont listen they fall on the floor flailing and being dramatic while going a strange colour, dem damn wimen folk

I'll call the ambulance when I finish this game of Fifa. Don't expect me to multitask Sharon.

For every lady who recites that quote, there's a guy who says 'Club, Children, Wife. In that order'.

Stupid phrases or tattoos are not the possession of a single gender.

Is that a GAA or rugby thing? Never heard of it.

Could that be because men only go to the doctor if they are really sick?

• Advertisement
Advertisement