Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a joint account

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Thanks for getting back to us Fitz.

That is absolutely correct.

As this is a new application, it would be the same process as when you opened your first account.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

Thanks for getting back to us Fitz.

That is absolutely correct.

As this is a new application, it would be the same process as when you opened your first account.

Thanks,

Lorna
    Thanks for that Lorna - I've just applied.

A quick question, I have to resend photo ID and proof of address.

Passport is fine.

I already have a BOI account so can provide a statement with our addresses.

My wife's name is not on the gas or electricity statements, and her driving license is still a UK one (we have not long moved home).

What other documents can we provide?  The TV and broadband bill is in her name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Brilliant Fitz,

We absolutely accept TV and broadband bills as proof of address.

If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

Hi Lorna,

We submitted the documents last week.  How long does it take for them to be verified and us to receive any more details?

Thanks

Fitz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Fitz,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here on boards.

Current account applications generally take up to 5 working days to be completed. We will be in contact with you should we need anymore information. Once the account has been opened successfully you will receive a text message with your BIC/IBAN.

Thanks, Aisling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement