Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview questions /prep

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

yea i mentioned this near the end of the interview when they gave me the chance to add anything , I said it could be very useful to the school in the form of delivering modules for TY and some modules I had in my head that I could use my Ag. qualifications and farming experience were sustainability, climate change , food security, fair trade as well as more practical agri. experiences for the students, in my previous school I organised farm safety days and working farm visits, I used a connection with a vets to to give a fifth year girl a day or two during holidays to shadow a vet, she later got some work in that vets. I gave them some of this in the interview. Anyway I wonder is it really a case of playing the same game and building connections as best i can through the church , GAA , local politics , councillers etc. Think i might start being more blatant about who i soft soap from now on.

I might end up walking into a school saying" Go on giz a job, I can do that" like yer man Yozzer Hughes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Can anyone explain to me why I get annoyed when I hear the likes of Marty Morrissey telling us during the All Ireland Hurling Final that player so and so is a 'secondary school teacher from...'.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭joeharte123

bobbyss wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me why I get annoyed when I hear the likes of Marty Morrissey telling us during the All Ireland Hurling Final that player so and so is a 'secondary school teacher from...'.

I hear so and so is a ‘Garda’ or ‘bank clerk’ just as much, if not more in recent years.
    Why would this bother you?

Advertisement