Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No sign of renewal notice for car insurance

• 13-08-2019 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

As title says I have not received my car insurance renewal either by post or e mail.

It is due for renewal in four days time. I only realised this today. I will ring tomorrow of course.

My research suggests that I should have recieved this notice 15 days before renewal ,in order to have the necessary time to shop around.

Are there any consequences for the broker or insurance company in their failure to do this.

Or will it be a case of when i ring tomorrow that i will get one of two excuses. It got lost in the post or the e mail bounced

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Did you change address since your last renewal?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sparks3000

Did you change address since your last renewal?

No I have the same address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I thought insurance runs until the end of a month? The disc only has month and year?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Wheety wrote: »
    I thought insurance runs until the end of a month? The disc only has month and year?

No that applies to tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Should have a date as well,usually in smaller print.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

No that applies to tax.

Must be just coincidence of when I started my first insurance. Every subsequent one has then started on the 1st of a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 McTJES

sparks3000 wrote: »
    As title says I have not received my car insurance renewal either by post or e mail.

It is due for renewal in four days time. I only realised this today. I will ring tomorrow of course.

My research suggests that I should have recieved this notice 15 days before renewal ,in order to have the necessary time to shop around.

Are there any consequences for the broker or insurance company in their failure to do this.

Or will it be a case of when i ring tomorrow that i will get one of two excuses. It got lost in the post or the e mail bounced

You should have received it. It may have got lost in the post. Ring them. What sort of consequences would you like to see them face?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Must be just coincidence of when I started my first insurance. Every subsequent one has then started on the 1st of a month.

Yea it just a coincidence, a company I worked for, vehicle insurance expired on the 31st of December.

Advertisement