Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VAG 1.4 v 1.5 TSI engines

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Tzardine wrote: »
    Manual in FR spec. Did not see the Dsg listed as an option actually, although it was a manual I wanted.

That's funny because the 150bhp TSi in the Leon ST is DSG only and the 130bhp is manual only. There's 2k in the difference in price pretty much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭CoBo55

vectra wrote: »
    I didn't either a few years ago, but times and views change with age :D

The Karoq had me tempted momentarily until I sat in one and saw it was a glorified Rapid, they're all the same just a glorified version of the standard car.

lomb wrote: »
    I rented a jetta in the states recently with 1.4 150bhp 8 speed Auto don't think was dsg. Lovely drivetrain. It's a real shame the 150 is basically a 10 grand option in Ireland versus being base over there.

AHH will ya stop you can't even get the Jetta here it's that outdated, 10 grand me hole!! Hauling sheep to the mart has been superseded by the land cruiser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

CoBo55 wrote: »
    The Karoq had me tempted momentarily until I sat in one and saw it was a glorified Rapid, they're all the same just a glorified version of the standard car.

That is true.
    But seating position was a major factor for me.

vectra wrote: »
    That is true.
    But seating position was a major factor for me.

I didn't find it great in the Karoq the door sides felt very high, front and back was nice but it still felt a bit claustrophobic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I'm getting lost with all these mini SUVs

Is it basically:
    Kamiq, Arona, Troc, Q2
    Karoq, Ateca,Tiguan, Q5
    Kodiaq, Terraco, Touareg, Q7?

At the end of the day I still think an estate car is more practical and will be less expensive to run.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    I'm getting lost with all these mini SUVs

Is it basically:
    Kamiq, Arona, Troc, Q2
    Karoq, Ateca,Tiguan, Q5
    Kodiaq, Terraco, Touareg, Q7?

At the end of the day I still think an estate car is more practical and will be less expensive to run.

Estate car? You're on the button there. Superb estate is a fabulous beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Estate car? You're on the button there. Superb estate is a fabulous beast.

Or if you want more comfort, get a Mondeo estate. :)

Advertisement