Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longford Marathon 2019

Options
  • 14-08-2019 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Finding it hard to find out info on the Longford Marathon. Anyone done it before? Can anyone share the race profile or know of a video on the course. How did peoples times compare towards Dublin? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Finding it hard to find out info on the Longford Marathon. Anyone done it before? Can anyone share the race profile or know of a video on the course. How did peoples times compare towards Dublin? Thanks

I live near one of the villages it goes through so can tell ya than with the exception of a couple of short inclines it is very flat throughout.
    About half the course would be running in the hard shoulders of the N4 and N5. The remainder would be on secondary roads with one 2-3 mile section on a very quiet back road that might have grass growing in the middle of it!

Without being able to direct you to a link of the profile I can tell you it would be a good bit "easier" than Dublin. The only thing against it is that for long stretches you wouldn't see another person except your fellow athletes!

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

This will be my second time to do it. It's a great course, very flat. Some of it is quire rural but there is still a water stations every few km. My time is 6 mins slower than Dublin. While it's a much easier course, it's August, which is a way more difficult time of year to run a marathon than the end of October. Last year was overcast, humid heavy heat and tomorrow is forecast to be a scorcher. I'll be taking it easy for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,892 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Any results from today?

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Any results from today?

It's a very well organised event, but my one criticism is that they don't have live results. Last year times weren't online until the following day.

Really enjoyed today, got a significant PB, though I won't know how much to the second until results are out. Thankfully it wasn't as hot as met.ie had predicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

First half marathon today, very happy to finish with a time of 2:11! On to the next one 😄

• Advertisement

Results are live now FYI.

Advertisement