Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone fix - when I can get a new device?

Options
  • 14-08-2019 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

I bought a mobile phone recently. The phone developed charging problem after ~4 weeks. It was repaired under warranty, but I couldn't verify that the problem was fixed as I didn't get my fast charger back with the phone. As soon as I got the charger back I realised that the problem still persists, albeit in a slightly different form. The phone is going back for repair tomorrow.

What are the rules - if they can't repair the same problem 3 times can I ask for a new phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

PrzemoF wrote: »
    I bought a mobile phone recently. The phone developed charging problem after ~4 weeks. It was repaired under warranty, but I couldn't verify that the problem was fixed as I didn't get my fast charger back with the phone. As soon as I got the charger back I realised that the problem still persists, albeit in a slightly different form. The phone is going back for repair tomorrow.

What are the rules - if they can't repair the same problem 3 times can I ask for a new phone?

Taken from the CCPC site:
    This should be a permanent repair and the problem should not reoccur. If the same fault occurs again, then you should be entitled to a replacement or refund. If you are not happy with the retailer’s offer to repair the item, you can say no – but if you do this, you may have to use the Small Claims process if you want to take the matter further.

Advertisement