Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,750 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It isn't. It will eventually cease to exist. Next question please.

Do you think there is any point having Dr's, hospitals, medication, given that, ultimately, people are going to die anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

FFS...I think you need to grow up.

what makes you say that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Where did you pull that out of? If you took one square kilometre of sea and raised it 7 metres, you'd have an extra 7 million cubic metres of water. Since the oceans are joined and cover some 362 million square kms of the earths surface, you're telling us that all the ice of Greenland equates to 2.5 x 10 to the power of 15 cubic metres. Somehow or other I doubt you..

National Geographic.

The Greenland ice sheet is 10,000 feet thick in places and contains enough ice to raise sea levels 23 feet (7 meters).

Are you still doubting me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

KyussB wrote: »
    Dominating the thread? You're up there as being one of, if not the, most frequent poster on the thread.

Nah, couldn't be. The lad thanking your posts was accusing him of parachuting late into the thread.

easypazz wrote: »
    National Geographic.

The Greenland ice sheet is 10,000 feet thick in places and contains enough ice to raise sea levels 23 feet (7 meters).

Are you still doubting me?

you are neglecting to include the bit about it raising LOCALISED sea levels by that amount

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Do you think there is any point having Dr's, hospitals, medication, given that, ultimately, people are going to die anyway?

If we are serious about climate change we should limit hospital admissions to under 65's only. Need to kill the older generation off faster.

Abolishing the fuel allowance would help on the double. Less emissions from them burning coal and they die quicker freeing up housing stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

Let me just drop this here again - in reference to Greta:
    i dont believe she is 16. i believe she is an adult made out to be a child.
    she has marionette lines ffs. women only get those in their 40s...

EDIT: It's not meant to be a complimentary quoting btw.

easypazz wrote: »
    If we are serious about climate change we should limit hospital admissions to under 65's only. Need to kill the older generation off faster.

Abolishing the fuel allowance would help on the double. Less emissions from them burning coal and they die quicker freeing up housing stock.

Well, that's a logical and well thought out answer.

I am waiting for Mr weldoninhio's answer however.

Let me just drop this here again - in reference to Greta:

why is so hard to think outside your tiny minded box?
    why cant you comprehend that there is other things going on behind the scenes.

i just cant believe you people so quick to follow the narrative that's thrown at you.

you need to cop on.

she is certainly not a child, that's for sure.

why do you feel the need to resurrect a post from days ago? are you losing the argument?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Meanwhile Leo,Harris and Murphy going around giving one another high 5's, nice distraction for them, all the media Greta worshiping and nobody talking about the state of the health service or the state of the housing crisis, and Pascal rubbing his hands thinking these fools won't mind carbon taxes now in fact their asking for them now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

why is so hard to think outside your tiny minded box?
    why cant you comprehend that there is other things going on behind the scenes.

i just cant believe you people so quick to follow the narrative that's thrown at you.

you need to cop on.

she is certainly not a child, that's for sure.

why do you feel the need to resurrect a post from days ago? are you losing the argument?
    I just think it's informative to other posters, to know the level of argument they are responding to, from yourself.

I just think it's informative to other posters, to know the level of argument they are responding to, from yourself.

you are a sheep. you have no thoughts of your own and are willing to just go with whatever is told to you.

you have posted absolute drivel and nonsense on this entire thread.

you have no mind of your own. you could be drooling for all i know. i'd imagine you are. big dough eyes with nothing there, staring off into the distance with a river of drool pouring off all around you, just images of monkeys bashing drums in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,344 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

^
    fkn 'ell

Get some help you. :pac:

That post was from yesterday. From you.
    Are you saying we should discount what you said then? I'm getting a head start on tomorrow's work by discounting everything which you are saying today if it's any solace.

mgn wrote: »
    Meanwhile Leo,Harris and Murphy going around giving one another high 5's, nice distraction for them, all the media Greta worshiping and nobody talking about the state of the health service or the state of the housing crisis, and Pascal rubbing his hands thinking these fools won't mind carbon taxes now in fact their asking for them now.

this is exactly what they want.
    that's the idea of these "smokescreen" media stories.

there's something AWFUL happening in the meantime, and we will only know about what it is when this spectacle dies down.

it's classic evil government procedures really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

mgn wrote: »

Are you simultaneously complaining about the government not spending enough money (housing & health) whilst also complaining about the government raising taxes. (carbon taxes).

That post was from yesterday. From you.
    Are you saying we should discount what you said then? I'm getting a head start on tomorrow's work by discounting everything which you are saying today if it's any solace.

no i still believe that she is an imposter, an actress paid to play the role of a 16 year old girl with a mental condition to pull on the heartstrings of the weak-minded and to allow a platform for the climate cult so that they wouldnt be argued with as ferociously.

Are you simultaneously complaining about the government not spending enough money (housing & health) whilst also complaining about the government raising taxes. (carbon taxes).

He's gone all Alex Jones at this point.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

randd1 wrote: »
    You'd swear the way some people go on that the "The Day After Tomorrow" could pass for a current documentary.

Our bones will be well rotted in the ground before any impact we have on climate change has any devastating effect on mankind, and even then most of that will be just nature on its own doing what nature does; not give a fvck about us and carry on changing the climate regardless. The climate will continue to fluctuate as it always has between hot and cool periods, and the planet will be fine. And being the adaptive species we are, we'll adapt and survive, maybe not in great numbers, but we'll survive.

It's the fvcking over of the eco-system that will hurt us most, the dirty water, dirty soil, polluted seas, all these will do greater damage to mankind than the ever changing climate that for the almost entire part, we'll have no control over anyway.

Never mind the climate that slowly changes, it's the eco-system that needs the help.

I wonder how you'd feel if our ancestors took a similar attitude to say nuclear testing and didn't bother ending nuclear testing.

They could have taken the attitude, ah shur, we'll all be dead and buried by the time it becomes an issue, so not my problem.

We are all only caretakers of the planet and only a psychopath would hand over the planet in a worse state and not care about it.

probably because the housing and health issue is worth fixing with tax money, and the other is a fantasy invented by nutjobs. why would you want to pay anything towards some other peoples delusions?

• Advertisement

I wonder how you'd feel if our ancestors took a similar attitude to say nuclear testing and didn't bother ending nuclear testing.

They could have taken the attitude, ah shur, we'll all be dead and buried by the time it becomes an issue, so not my problem.

We are all only caretakers of the planet and only a psychopath would hand over the planet in a worse state and not care about it.

well thats not exactly how psychopathy works exactly.

you are wrong.
    YOU ARE WRONG

• Registered Users Posts: 83,604 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

no i still believe that she is an imposter, an actress paid to play the role of a 16 year old girl with a mental condition to pull on the heartstrings of the weak-minded and to allow a platform for the climate cult so that they wouldnt be argued with as ferociously.

Grade A hallucinations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Reading comments on the journal etc and Twitter I can't believe how many weak minded people there are.

It's certainly working for the puppet string holders however. It's impossible to disagree with a 16 year old without being bashed for attacking a child. You don't even have to mention her ass burgers without being accused of attacking a person with a so called disability.

Went to stage school
    Parent an actor
    Grandparent a director
    Pally with European royals

Why is she not in China giving out about emissions?

She thinks she has a worse life than the kids dying in Africa every day.

She's a fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

There's plenty of money spent on health and housing, it's the way its spent is the problem, it will be no different with carbon taxes.

this is exactly what they want.
    that's the idea of these "smokescreen" media stories.

there's something AWFUL happening in the meantime, and we will only know about what it is when this spectacle dies down.

it's classic evil government procedures really.

Who is 'they'?

We vote in the government at least every 5 years. Go an campaign yourself or support a candidate you think will change things if you think it is such a mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Yes there is, live the life you have and enjoy it to the greatest extent you can. Don't worry about things that might never happen. Enjoy your steak, have one more beer, have a lie in if you want or get up and go mountain climbing.

Yes there is, live the life you have and enjoy it to the greatest extent you can. Don't worry about things that might never happen. Enjoy your steak, have one more beer, have a lie in if you want or get up and go mountain climbing.

So then why shouldn't we try to ensure future generations can live with minimum worry about something which we are affecting.

It seems very selfish to just say, it won't bother me, so let's do nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

So then why shouldn't we try to ensure future generations can live with minimum worry about something which we are affecting.

It seems very selfish to just say, it won't bother me, so let's do nothing.

Meh. You’ve only one life. Live it. Sure Trump was gonna end with world with a nuclear war with North Korea if he got elected. I could get a bang of a hybrid or electric car tomorrow and that would be the end of me. Live life to the fullest and fcuk tomorrow.

Overheal wrote: »
    Grade A hallucinations.

and you are who to assume that?

you post a lot of drivel on boards, and you are a poster who seems to expect to be taken seriously on your points.

what's more deluded is people like you who think they are right because all the softbois and purple kween mentallers agree with some points you make sometimes.

what is the biggest hallucination of all? nutters who claim to foresee the end of the world because they are told to.

think for yourself, stop trying to belittle people who actually have their own perspective on things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Good luck with that. Clearly you haven't been watching the news the last few months!

Importing beef from south America is a really really dumb idea but willingly embraced by EU leaders, which leads me to believe they are all really really dumb.

This is how the EU is reducing its carbon emissions through offshoring production to poorer countries which have fewer environmental and welfare standards and therefore lower production costs

So a nice clean emissions balance sheet for Europe and fuk the global environment and fuk countries here producing their own foodstuffs etc. But that's ok because merkel and friends can talk to greta and tell her how well they are averting doomsday etc ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement