Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

Went to stage school
    Parent an actor
    Grandparent a director
    Pally with European royals

This all true?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

Tony EH wrote: »
    ^
    fkn 'ell

Get some help you. :pac:

this barely makes sense tbh.

who are you? what exactly do you think i need help with? list please.

SJW Lover wrote: »
    This all true?!

all true.

plus, she has a VERY aged face. she is not a child.
    it is an adult actor.

people who dont investigate these glaringly obvious things are mental

Who is 'they'?

We vote in the government at least every 5 years. Go an campaign yourself or support a candidate you think will change things if you think it is such a mess.

no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

This all true?!

Having done my own research it appears so.

• Advertisement

Yes there is, live the life you have and enjoy it to the greatest extent you can. Don't worry about things that might never happen. Enjoy your steak, have one more beer, have a lie in if you want or get up and go mountain climbing.

these people do not know how to have fun or enjoy life.
    they are literally only in existence to moan and try and find negativity in the world. then when that negativity is so easily found, they try to spread it as gospel to bring down everyone else around them.

they want to sabotage the happiness of the non-mental weirdos of the world.

So then why shouldn't we try to ensure future generations can live with minimum worry about something which we are affecting.

It seems very selfish to just say, it won't bother me, so let's do nothing.

but in the same way it seems deluded and selfish to try and push your agenda on the rest of us.

if you feel so passionate about it, then do something yourself. why are you trying to force people to care about these weirdos from the future that none of us will ever know, or meet or care about.

why should we all suffer because of your belief in wanting a good world for the future people?

you wont be remembered as a "jesus" or "joan of arc" hero, nor will Greta or any of them.

Having done my own research it appears so.

Hilarious :D we'll find out she was in David Hogg's national school class next and people will be like "Ssshhhh listen to Greta"

and you are who to assume that?

you post a lot of drivel on boards, and you are a poster who seems to expect to be taken seriously on your points.

what's more deluded is people like you who think they are right because all the softbois and purple kween mentallers agree with some points you make sometimes.

what is the biggest hallucination of all? nutters who claim to foresee the end of the world because they are told to.

think for yourself, stop trying to belittle people who actually have their own perspective on things.

Overheal was at the same thing leading up to the 2016 Trump Hillary election. Wrong there too.

Overheal was at the same thing leading up to the 2016 Trump Hillary election. Wrong there too.

yeah you see this is why a lot of the purple zebra brigade are on the wrong side of this climate argument.

too many of these lesb!ans and soft-boys are against trump and everything he does, so because he is a "denier" they cant bring themselves to verge off course and agree with what makes sense.

why irish lesb!ans and soft-bois are so into talking about trump and america i will never understand. it's weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Like a lot of teens, it's just a phase. She'll grow out of it. Be patient!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,750 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

And so, after weeks of 'Oh I do care about the environment, I just don't agree with Greta' being used to lambaste any advocacy for climate protection, it is now clear that some people are, as was suggested from very early on, just motivated by their individual present and selfish needs.

That is your right, just stop with trying to come up with an argument that makes sense when you don't have it.
    So then why shouldn't we try to ensure future generations can live with minimum worry about something which we are affecting.

It seems very selfish to just say, it won't bother me, so let's do nothing.
    Meh. You’ve only one life. Live it. Sure Trump was gonna end with world with a nuclear war with North Korea if he got elected. I could get a bang of a hybrid or electric car tomorrow and that would be the end of me. Live life to the fullest and fcuk tomorrow.
    Who is 'they'?

We vote in the government at least every 5 years. Go an campaign yourself or support a candidate you think will change things if you think it is such a mess.
    no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

And so, after weeks of 'Oh I do care about the environment, I just don't agree with Greta'

Not seeing that posted by the posters youve quoted.
    Spoofing again?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

why irish are so into talking about trump and america i will never understand. it's weird.

I don't get the whole fascination with CNN/Fox you see on here myself. I also omitted your colourful descriptions

And so, after weeks of 'Oh I do care about the environment, I just don't agree with Greta' being used to lambaste any advocacy for climate protection, it is now clear that some people are, as was suggested from very early on, just motivated by their individual present and selfish needs.

That is your right, just stop with trying to come up with an argument that makes sense when you don't have it.

why do you think anybody cares if YOU pretend to care about future people of earth?

why are you pretending to care???

it's so fvcking weird. it's so cringe,m it's so irish college. it's crazy. you're crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

You seem absolutely intent on nailing a label on people who disagree with you, the label's getting crazier too BTW. You're unmoved by what they say and they what you have to say so just let it go man. You're really just shadow boxing at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,344 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Meh. You’ve only one life. Live it. Sure Trump was gonna end with world with a nuclear war with North Korea if he got elected. I could get a bang of a hybrid or electric car tomorrow and that would be the end of me. Live life to the fullest and fcuk tomorrow.

You'll change that big man tune when you have a kid.

is_that_so wrote: »
    You seem absolutely intent on nailing a label on people who disagree with you, the label's getting crazier too BTW. You're unmoved by what they say and they what you have to say so just let it go man. You're really just shadow boxing at this stage.

I'm sorry, but why shouldn't I challenge people who make statements on a discussion board?

Should I just take their lead and engage in the 'whataboutery' or 'strawman' arguments and let nonsense go when it is posted here.

It is consistent and unsurprising that some dislike defending their positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tony EH wrote: »
    You'll change that big man tune when you have a kid.

Kid...?

you mean a great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandkid....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

KyussB wrote: »
    Dominating the thread? ...

TLDR

You have some serious issues in that comment my friend.

To repeat this thread is about greta in the new world and not ****e about some Green New Deal bolloxolgy

But yeah even more of the same rubbish again. Yup indeed dominating the thread. You need to check the post count. I did. At approx 410 posts - Tell me How is so far ahead of the rest of the pose (even including your many off topic posts) that he is disappearing into the wild blue yonder.

I noticed you didnt bother replying after it was pointed out that you were attacking posters and making nasty personal comments and even alleging some are mentally deficient or wtte all the while trying to throw ****e at others simply thanking other posters.

No problem reporting any post with that type of of ****e again for sure. But not only have you tried to hijack the thread with your Green New Deal rubbish - you keep doing it up again and again and again. So by return a 'hypocrite' indeed.

Why dont you start your own thread on
    your GND somewhere instead of deliberatly derailing the thread and annoying genuine posters with comments which would bore a dead jackass to tears...

• Advertisement

So true. Insulting people's intelligence when they dont agree with him. The surest sign of arrogance. Had me in the climate change denier box yesterday and telling me i just wasnt smart enough to understand his enlightened position because i said i didnt want to take my direction from a child's indulged tantrums.

walshb wrote: »
    Kid...?

you mean a great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandkid....

You've listed 20 generations.
    That equates to about 500-600 years using typical figures.

Are you aware of the impact which has happened to the planet it just the last 50 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You've listed 20 generations.
    That equates to about 500-600 years using typical figures.

Are you aware of the impact which has happened to the planet it just the last 50 years?

Sure we'll be living on the moon by then, be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I'm sorry, but why shouldn't I challenge people who make statements on a discussion board?

Should I just take their lead and engage in the 'whataboutery' or 'strawman' arguments and let nonsense go when it is posted here.

It is consistent and unsurprising that some dislike defending their positions.
    You challenge away but you don't seem to have any interest in any other positions. If that's what you want to do fine but you shouldn't fire out labels that you imagine fit them. We are anonymous posters and unknown to each other. All you can really guess at is what we express (well or badly) in posts.

You don't. Your first message directed at me yesterday was an arrogant insult.

You're not that good at this, are you?

Do you think there is any point having Dr's, hospitals, medication, given that, ultimately, people are going to die anyway?

You don't. Your first message directed at me yesterday was an arrogant insult.
    ?

Weren't you the one who called people fool's in 3 or 4 separate posts?

And this is the post you felt was an arrogant insult?
    A - She has said people must listen to, empower and act on the advice of scientists. (Why is this so difficult to understand?)

B - She ignored countries which haven't ratified the UN charter on the right of the child. (Why is this so difficult to understand?)

She is presenting the same message as David Attenborough. Do you disagree with his view?

Seriously?

You challenge away but you don't seem to have any interest in any other positions. If that's what you want to do fine but you shouldn't fire out labels that you imagine fit them. We are anonymous posters and unknown to each other. All you can really guess at is what we express (well or badly) in posts.

That sentence is contradictory. The fact that I challenge implies I am interested in giving people the opportunity to defend their position.

I'm not going to apologise for disagreeing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,604 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

And who are you a serial re reg of?

Weren't you the one who called people fool's in 3 or 4 separate posts?

And this is the post you felt was an arrogant insult?

Seriously?

My response to the above was that there was nothing difficult to understand in her message. That is not the issue here. Yet you chose to assert that i didnt understand. Then you responded with the following:

You possibly don't have the capacity to understand it.

That's not a dig at your intellect by the way, it's just an acknowledgement of it. You have demonstrated an incapacity to comprehend a fairly simple situation.

I do believe your choice of username is indicative of your motivation in taking part in the discussion.

See? Arrogant sod.

Your immediate response to someone disagreeing with you is to insult their intelligence. You are either seriously arrogant or seriously immature and insecure. With a nice dollop of smugness thrown in. Either way, you're a waste of space to speak with. You probably still have no idea what point i was making because you just have no interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,183 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Overheal wrote: »
    Let’s just erect a level 7 forcefield around the ocean and bombard it with quantum tetrion particles to send it back into a time when sea levels were lower, and then reverse the polarity of the deflector array to hit it with a reverse tractor beam that will compress it even smaller.

It's really not that complicated. They use same tech with nappies, pour a litre of water into a modern nappy, and it turns to a gel.

If you could do it on a giant scale then you could use the gel to build homes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement