Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

Anyway, tell me again why Greta's not in school? Did someone say she quit?

Cos she is 38 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

KyussB wrote: »
    I've zero interest in dragging mods into this crap - there are many on the thread letting a lot pass from you without reports - are you seriously dinging reports on my posts discussing the Green New Deal? (which Greta supports, making it on topic...plus all of the posters demanding solutions to resolving climate change, pretending there are none, with the GND being the major obvious one...)
    If there's abuse of the reporting system going on, then that's going to force people to not look past stuff, and report it (a recipe for a pain in the arse for mods) - because if they keep looking past stuff, they're going to be getting dinged themselves, in a lopsided manner - and that is how censorship of views happens on these forums, from posters trying to manipulate discussion, browbeat, bait and then report - I've been on Boards a long time, I know how all that shit works and have already been on the receiving end of it a lot of times.

Nope. just remarking in the first instance on your insults like the one infering a poster was mentally unhinged or wtte. And that after lambasting other posters thanking posts where someone either misspelled aspergers or maybe taking the piss. Dont know which and dont care. That's not was thanked. That compared to your comment as to a posters mental condition which was seriously out of order . You're some job all right. If you have been on boards so long- you should know better than try that ****.

As far as I am concerned your Green New Deal Stuff party political broadcast has nothing to do with the main topic of this thread viz. Greta and her travels to the New World. But hey you know that already.

This threads gotten really unhinged, in a very wierd way, in the last half dozen pages - with fresh posters coming in, supporting posts that are really very...well, saying some pretty out-there things (that would put a persons faculties in question, genuinely), and suddenly getting fresh posters in that are supportive of them.

It's really odd. It looks a lot like sockpuppeting, and not just from rereg accounts, from older ones too - which is a pattern I haven't seen before on Boards.

You literally just described you on this thread and how you are sockpuppeting, reregging and derailing everything. You are the one coming across as completely unhinged, with an extremely obvious lean toward socio/psycho issues. I cant for the life of me understand how you are this level of bitter and so horrible to anyome disagreeing with you when its an online discussion. Why are you so angry? Its letters on a screen ffs you need to calm down. All that heavy breathing is letting out a lot of co2. Stop wrecking the planet there pal

I've zero interest in dragging mods into this crap - there are many on the thread letting a lot pass from you without reports - are you seriously dinging reports on my posts discussing the Green New Deal? (which Greta supports, making it on topic...plus all of the posters demanding solutions to resolving climate change, pretending there are none, with the GND being the major obvious one...)

If there's abuse of the reporting system going on, then that's going to force people to not look past stuff, and report it (a recipe for a pain in the arse for mods) - because if they keep looking past stuff, they're going to be getting dinged themselves, in a lopsided manner - and that is how censorship of views happens on these forums, from posters trying to manipulate discussion, browbeat, bait and then report - I've been on Boards a long time, I know how all that shit works and have already been on the receiving end of it a lot of times.

This whole post is off topic and you are trying to mod the thread with all ur suggestions. Durrrp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

How is she getting home from the states? Sailing again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

"Anyone who believes in infinite growth on a finite planet is ‘either a madman or an economist’".-David Attenborough

We are currently 7.53billion and rising.

we're going to need a cull so. Greta's great genocide plan might be the job that saves us so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

How can we have infinite growth on a finite planet when all of our resources for said infinite growth come from said finite planet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

How is she getting home from the states? Sailing again?

Leo will probably drop her off on the way home on the government jet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,314 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

How can we have infinite growth on a finite planet when all of our resources for said infinite growth come from said finite planet?

I dont know given most people are unwilling and too scared to live differently. Our current model is based on unlimited growth, its insanity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MrAbyss

I find her and the whole cult around her very creepy. Her supporters are more like religious fanatics.

I owe her and her creepy death cult nothing. Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

we're going to need a cull so. Greta's great genocide plan might be the job that saves us so.

A cull is the only way. 4 Billion have to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

easypazz wrote: »
    A cull is the only way. 4 Billion have to go.

everyone over 18 who contibutes the least/ detracts the most to/from their respective economy.

It'll also free up a load of social housing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Global warning has always happened. Throughout every millenium and age. Thats a scientific fact. Temperatures have always fluctuated.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,750 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Global warning has always happened. Throughout every millenium and age. Thats a scientific fact. Temperatures have always fluctuated.

They have never fluctuated at the rate seen over the last 50 years without there having been a catastrophic event.

That fluctuation over the recent period has been demonstrably proven to be as a consequence of human action and therefore we need to consider our actions.

They have never fluctuated at the rate seen over the last 50 years without there having been a catastrophic event.

That fluctuation over the recent period has been demonstrably proven to be as a consequence of human action and therefore we need to consider our actions.

How do you know though? Were you around 50000 years ago? Do you have a time machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

Fact no one is disputing.

Another fact that people are disputing is that we as a species also contribute to this global climate change in non-insignificant ways.

How do you know though? Were you around 50000 years ago? Do you have a time machine

I trust the scientists who have determined this to be the case.

Do you not trust them? (If not, who do you trust)

I trust the scientists who have determined this to be the case.

Do you not trust them? (If not, who do you trust)

Be careful who you trust

Be careful who you trust

Of course....

Who do you trust?

Of course....

Who do you trust?

Political world leaders who were democratically elected.

A lot of these science boffins are paid directly by the cult like eco maniacs.

Thread carefully.

• Advertisement

Astronomical spectroscopy over the last 40 years indicates less energy coming from the earth's surface relating to the energy associated with co2.

Coupled with the extra energy detected on the earth's makes for clear empirical evidence.

The Spectral Signature of Recent Climate Change

Political world leaders who were democratically elected.

A lot of these science boffins are paid directly by the cult like eco maniacs.

Thread carefully.

I think the number of people who would suggest they trust democratically elected politicians above peer reviewed scientific research would actually be quite small, but you are entitled to do so should you wish.

Do you therefore agree with the elected politicians who have agreed with Greta's view that something needs to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Did you not see all those ancient cave paintings with the grumpy teen pointing at a thermometer while scowling at her elders??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I find it fascinating that people who deny climate change can actually read and write. Never ceases to amaze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

In fairness I doubt that many people that dislike this girl are climate change deniers.

It's like many people that dislike Trump do not also dislike the USA.

What gets me about this whole situation is the drama, anger, panic and knee jerk proposed solutions being mistaken for bravery, leadership and sustainable realistic solutions.

It's another example where drama and populism drive the narrative. Thurberg may have an issue with Trump but they are more alike imo than she realises.

In fairness I doubt that many people that dislike this girl are climate change deniers.

What gets me about this whole situation is the drama, anger, panic and knee jerk proposed solutions being mistaken for bravery, leadership and sustainable realistic solutions.

It's another example where drama and populism drive the narrative. Thurberg may have an issue with Trump but they are more alike imo than she realises.

She's not important. The publicity she is generating is important. The personal attacks on her are meaningless.

What she has said is that the solutions which are needed have not yet been invented and that people need to unite and empower scientists in order to help come up with solutions.

What is knee jerk or inappropriate about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I think the number of people who would suggest they trust democratically elected politicians above peer reviewed scientific research would actually be quite small, but you are entitled to do so should you wish.

Do you therefore agree with the elected politicians who have agreed with Greta's view that something needs to be done.
    From a Berkely explanation on peer review lest people imagine it has Papal infallibility!
    Peer-reviewed work isn't necessarily correct or conclusive, but it does meet the standards of science. And that means that once a piece of scientific research passes through peer review and is published, science must deal with it somehow — perhaps by incorporating it into the established body of scientific knowledge, building on it further, figuring out why it is wrong, or trying to replicate its results.

https://undsci.berkeley.edu/article/howscienceworks_16

She's not important. The publicity she is generating is important. The personal attacks on her are meaningless.

One personal attack in this thread by a poster named: Mongfinder General.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    From Berkely explanation on peer review.

https://undsci.berkeley.edu/article/howscienceworks_16

Peer reviewed research is the most reliable research.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement