Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

sk8erboii wrote: »
    LOL

Nothing backs up climate change. okay got it.

Use JSTOR and google scholar to search for studies. Its standard research practice for university. I assume you went there to form your rational stance?

I don't know just how familiar you are university practices with yourself but it is common that if you make a claim, you produce evidence to support that claim or else it can be deemed to effectively be false and discounted out of hand.

Well, at least that was the understanding communicated to me while earning my degrees.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

To be fair, that whole having one less child would have the greatest impact individuals could make on climate change, was only touted in 2017. Greta was born long before then so while she would have existed, the impetus would be on children now to have no children when they become adults themselves. How many children do you imagine are listening to that message?

Mate that has nothing to do with what i said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

I haven't at all. I have said plainly I attack the people using a child for their own gains.

August is hurricane season on the Atlantic by the way.

Its not a real racing team its an 'ECO RACING TEAM'. They've never won anything.

Its a bunch of aristocrats.

Anyway racing teams OFTEN have to be rescued even expert ones. I am surprised they took someone under 18.

You really don't have a clue what your talking about, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Adults should be saving children ....the other way around rarely works out.

I don't know just how familiar you are university practices with yourself but it is common that if you make a claim, you produce evidence to support that claim or else it can be deemed to effectively be false and discounted out of hand.

Well, at least that was the understanding communicated to me while earning my degrees.

‘Please spam the thread with 20,000 studies correlating climate change and humans’

Literally just use JSTOR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

markodaly wrote: »
    There are lots of other figureheads out there but this child is the one that perks interest for some reason.

You appear to have some fixation with people criticising her. Did you ever hear anyone criticising Al Gore?

Adults should be saving children ....the other way around rarely works out.

If you put the time in to reading and researching topics that you do posting on them without any knowledge, you'd actually probably be very informed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

That would be relevant if the poster was either presenting a thesis or submitting an assignment for grading. The poster is doing neither. The poster is repeating the absolute scientific consensus on climate change and it's anthropogenic causes. There is no more need to provide evidence for this than there is for gravity or a spherical earth.

If you want to present credible evidence to the contrary, go ahead.

I won't wait for your sketchy science from unqualified people and paid for by oil companies though.

‘Please spam the thread with 20,000 studies correlating climate change and humans’

Literally just use JSTOR.

So that's a No then.

Cool argument.

So that's a No then.

Cool argument.

Why are you being obtuse? Just type in ‘Climate change humans’ in JSTOR and you have your results.

You’re trying to use pedantry and its exhausting.

• Advertisement

Is true. Hurricane season on the Atlantic.
    The season officially began on June 1, 2019, and will end on November 30, 2019.

I dunno why they didn't go in spring like may.

And the team is SPECIFICALLY an eco racing team. Mostly aristocrats.

Team Malizia

The only person truly a pro is Boris Hermann.

Pierre Casiraghi is just an aristocrat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Probably hasn't recieved her comunique on the ministry's position in relation to Greta yet and as such doesn't have irelevant copy and paste spam to throw into the thread.

Probably hasn't recieved her comunique on the ministry's position in relation to Greta yet and as such doesn't have irelevant copy and paste spam to throw into the thread.

Conspiracy theories are cringe. Dont post that crap here

That would be relevant if the poster was either presenting a thesis or submitting an assignment for grading. The poster is doing neither. The poster is repeating the absolute scientific consensus on climate change and it's anthropogenic causes. There is no more need to provide evidence for this than there is for gravity or a spherical earth.

If you want to present credible evidence to the contrary, go ahead.

I won't wait for your sketchy science from unqualified people and paid for by oil companies though.

You've misfollowed the communication I was involved in.

If you put the time in to reading and researching topics that you do posting on them without any knowledge, you'd actually probably be very informed.
    Yeah ....unlike going sailing across the atlantic with zero experience as a child.

Why are you being obtuse? Just type in ‘Climate change humans’ in JSTOR and you have your results.

You’re trying to use pedantry and its exhausting.

I'm off out now so I'll just repeat my initial question before I go.
    Please provide evidence to support the statement you made below or just admit you don't have it.
    LOL

If people listened to scientists she wouldn’t exist

Yeah ....unlike going sailing across the atlantic with zero experience as a child.

Do you agree that plane passengers don't fly the plane?

Can you apply that knowledge to the concept of travelling by boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Mate that has nothing to do with what i said

Did you mean if people listened to scientists that the “Climate Emergency” wouldn’t exist? People did listen to scientists, and are still listening to scientists, and they’re also enjoying a much higher standard of living than before having listened to scientists. They weren’t really interested in listening to scientists predicting the extinction of the human race and the destruction of the planet though.

That just all sounds very negative :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    Apparently the vessel in question is a real hardarse racing yacht with bugger-all on board, including toilets. They'd better have the power-hoses ready on the other side. :pac::pac::pac:

They have to use buckets.

Please provide evidence to support the statement you made below or just admit you don't have it.
    You guys are ruining the thread with this. Its impossible to follow now.

Stop arguing just put your point. If you don't agree its wasting your breath to post rebuttals and it makes it hard to actually understand what your point is.

• Advertisement

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    In hurricane season you would not want to be down wind.

Is this guy really so lazy he cant type in ‘climate change humans’ in JSTOR?

Nah hes not. Like most deniers its all pedantry to get a pointless one up over everyone.

Me personally? Ive never met a single PHD student while doing my postgrad who denied climate change.

Ive never met a single PHD student while doing my postgrad who denied climate change.
    Neither have I. I don't deny it either.

And if anyone does deny it I just smile and change the subject let it go like. Its not worth it.

Neither have I. I don't deny it either.

And if anyone does deny it I just smile and change the subject let it go like. Its not worth it.

Yeah youre right. Was stuck in traffic for too long, so im a bit catty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I guess she won't be using plastic bags !!

Yeah youre right. Was stuck in traffic for too long, so im a bit catty
    no worries.:)

Me too actually. I had to drive to clontarf for nothing basically.

I haven't at all. I have said plainly I attack the people using a child for their own gains.

August is hurricane season on the Atlantic by the way.

Its not a real racing team its an 'ECO RACING TEAM'. They've never won anything.

Its a bunch of aristocrats.

Anyway racing teams OFTEN have to be rescued even expert ones. I am surprised they took someone under 18.

You can bet your bottom dollar that she’s flying over but the fools will keep lapping it up.

You can bet your bottom dollar that she’s flying over but the fools will keep lapping it up.

I really doubt it.:confused:

I think its safe to say though these people don't use public transport.

• Advertisement

I guess she won't be using plastic bags !!

She had plenty plastic whole eating on the train.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1087688894706077697/photo/1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement