Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    That's not true. Some people. Not everyone.

The majority I would say.

The proposed carbon tax could well spark protests in Ireland similar to water charges. And what's the bets some of the same figures involved with water charges will be involved, while also championing themselves as defenders of the environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

may I ask who that young lady above might be?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭lleti

Super-Sexy-Work-Outfits-For-Modern-Women-25.jpg

If Greta looked like this then all the guys who are knocking her would be praising her.
    It's a funny olde world, Greta's cause is a noble one, but people are getting personal with her, knocking her, not her cause

I bet that girl you posted is 16 and eats meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

The majority I would say.

The proposed carbon tax could well spark protests in Ireland similar to water charges. And what's the bets some of the same figures involved with water charges will be involved, while also championing themselves as defenders of the environment.

Potentially. Just speculation though.

I always think it's best to just deal with facts in a discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Wellington is not in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭randd1

Super-Sexy-Work-Outfits-For-Modern-Women-25.jpg

If Greta looked like this then all the guys who are knocking her would be praising her.
    It's a funny olde world, Greta's cause is a noble one, but people are getting personal with her, knocking her, not her cause

If Greta looked like that no-one would listen to her because they'd think she's an airhead, women in particular. Sad, but a reflection of society.

Wellington is not in Ireland.

I never said it was?

Potentially. Just speculation though.

I always think it's best to just deal with facts in a discussion.

I think its guaranteed, particularly with farmers and hauliers operating on already tight margins. The farmers in particular.

Most other people will probably suck it up. There aren't many alternatives though, unless the carbon tax is used to further subsidise electric cars.

I never said it was?

Well considering I said there were no reports on RTE, I didn't see any from any Irish schools, and hadn't seen it mentioned on my social media, why would you think I was talking about strikes the other side of the world?? :rolleyes:

I think its guaranteed, particularly with farmers and hauliers operating on already tight margins. The farmers in particular.

These people probably dislike Greta :)

Who knows eh

• Advertisement

randd1 wrote: »
    If Greta looked like that no-one would listen to her because they'd think she's an airhead, women in particular. Sad, but a reflection of society.

As long as she didn't claim to have had her life ruined, after hopping off a yacht, dressed in Dior and carrying a Gucci handbag, I'd listen!

Well considering I said there were no reports on RTE, I didn't see any from any Irish schools, and hadn't seen it mentioned on my social media, why would you think I was talking about strikes the other side of the world?? :rolleyes:

Because I was, i said 7million marching , you started talking to me about that.

I said:
    The Nobel Prize people. And the 7 Million marching.

you replied:
    Where were they last Friday? Will they be out tomorrow?? Or was it a one time thing to feel good about themselves??

So you can now see. As assume you didn't think 7million marched in Ireland on Fri the 20th?

I'm not seeing the RTE post (link me please), I must have missed it, apologies.

Maybe relax on the :rolleyes:

Because I was, i said 7million marching , you started talking to me about that.

I said:

you replied:

So you can now see. As assume you didn't think 7million marched in Ireland on Fri the 20th?

I'm not seeing the RTE post (link me please), I must have missed it, apologies.

Maybe relax on the :rolleyes:

7 million is the estimated number that marched in total. Do you think 7m marched in NZ?? Are there marches in NZ tomorrow? Dublin?

7 million is the estimated number that marched in total.

I am well aware of this.
    Do you think 7m marched in NZ??

I do not. Not sure how you could come to that conclusion.

Just arguing for the sake of it now by the looks of it.
    Link me the RTE post. Thanks.

I am well aware of this.

I do not. Not sure how you could come to that conclusion.

Just arguing for the sake of it now by the looks of it.
    Link me the RTE post. Thanks.

What RTE post? :confused:

What RTE post? :confused:

You said

So send me the link to the post. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Any additional carbon taxes should be used, within the country they are collected, for climate beneficial projects, and it should be fully transparent how the money is being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

So putin isn't a greta fan, that's a pity!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭jackboy

JJayoo wrote: »
    Any additional carbon taxes should be used, within the country they are collected, for climate beneficial projects, and it should be fully transparent how the money is being used.

They should but there is no chance of that happening. A government that has carbon tax as the main climate change policy is just money grabbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

JJayoo wrote: »
    The EU is doing a deal for beef which will see more destruction in the Amazon.
    Just an excuse to grab more money and make Government bigger.

• Advertisement

You said

So send me the link to the post. Thank you.

Yes, I’m going to trawl back for you.

Yes, I’m going to trawl back for you.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    So putin isn't a greta fan, that's a pity!

He is dead right, Greta hasn't got a clue how the real world works. Lived in a privileged bubble all her life and never had to fend for herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

He is dead right, Greta hasn't got a clue how the real world works. Lived in a privileged bubble all her life and never had to fend for herself.

Yeah. Vlad is going to save the world. Vlad's our man. Go Vlad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,756 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Putin, Trump, Farage, Katie Hopkins, Piers Morgan, Jeremy Clarkson, Gemma O'Doherty all think she hasn't a clue.

There's some sort of right wing royal flush in there.

If the above think you're an idiot, it's another sure sign you're on the right track.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's not Greta's fault, she's too young to realise she is manipulated by the likes of Luisa-Marie Neubauer

greta-soros.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Just an excuse to grab more money and make Government bigger.
    Governments will always try to make themselves bigger; take more money, widen their scope of influence, create more laws, control the citizenry more. Its what they do. No bureaucracy every tries to make itself smaller or more efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Putin, Trump, Farage, Katie Hopkins, Piers Morgan, Jeremy Clarkson, Gemma O'Doherty all think she hasn't a clue.

There's some sort of right wing royal flush in there.

If the above think you're an idiot, it's another sure sign you're on the right track.

Useful idiots gobbling up the conspiracy theories and spewing righteous indignation.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Seventeen year old middle class girl still living at home- I am outraged.

I think it is always a good idea to set your moral compass by an ex-KGB agent who overtly represents the interests of the fossil fuel oligarchs who keep him in power.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭lleti

I wonder what Tintin thinks of Attenboroughs belief that overpopulation is one of the biggest problems we face.
    “All of our environmental problems become easier to solve with fewer people, and harder – and ultimately impossible – to solve with ever more people.”

Not a peep from her though about overpopulation.

I wonder what her thoughts are on all these 3rd world migrants going into a world of consumerism?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement