Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

It’s funny because boards and the journal are full of absolute nut job right wingers but no one I know in real life has these extreme views or are unwilling to listen to science and facts and figures. Is Ireland really a cesspit of right leaning anti everything folk?

Well here on boards it seems like there's a lot but they just get banned and come back with new names.

I can't imagine there is many actual real world people just lots of usernames.

New posters with similar styles!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Wailin

It amazes me how afraid you all are of having less money and lower standard of living. That is essential for a cleaner earth. How would you ever have survived in harder times in the past? And you call us pink haired folk snowflakes...
    Bring on massive carbon taxes and less money and stuff for everyone I say, if only to annoy the right wing loonies in this thread.

Spoken like a true dole scrounger :》

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

I think we need to change the name of the thread to

The "Let's crush capitalism and live in a log cabin for the rest of days eating nothing but magic mushrooms like Thom Yorke told us to do" thread 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Wailin wrote: »
    Spoken like a true dole scrounger :》

I work for myself mostly and earn a modest wage. I’m not hell bent on money like most people though.

I think we need to change the name of the thread to

The "Let's crush capitalism and live in a log cabin for the rest of days eating nothing but magic mushrooms like Thom Yorke told us to do" thread ��

We have to crush capitalism for the earth to survive yes.

• Advertisement

Really? You might ask the opinion of the Haitian environmentalists about that lower standard of living. Here is the border between Haiti and the Dominican Republic. Or may by consider the cleaner earth in Europe prior to the industrial revolution. Go ahead with the Carbon taxes, the environmentalists movement stands to benefit from the wealth transfer.

Where do you get the time to read all this crap and watch all the videos you post and no one else watches? Or are you multiple people on shifts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Where do you get the time to read all this crap and watch all the videos you post and no one else watches? Or are you multiple people on shifts?

Indeed, and I've completed a 20 mile cycle this morning. Those conspiracy theory nutters would have you believe I'm employed by big oil (Mr. Koch If you are reading you can make out the cheque to my tax shelter sorry meant charitable foundation for persecuted libertarians)

As I said previously I've been following this issue for several years and I know where the bodies are buried. :rolleyes:

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

I do admire your consistency Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

KyussB wrote: »
    Not a fan of Woody Allen at all, but some of these threads are like that scene from Annie Hall, where he's arguing with someone about a philospher, and the guy he's arguing with keeps on going even after Allen pulls the philosopher himself into the frame out of nowhere, to tell the guy he's wrong.

Here's the woman at a LaRouche cult meeting and at AOC's town hall- funnily enough, the language these guys use is a lot like that the 'skeptics' use in this threadSomething the 'skeptics' (that completely lack any skepticism so far as this story is concerned...) could have found out just by scrolling the fucking link I gave...

So what you are claiming is that someone who supports LaRouche's left-wing
    Ideologies - that same person also supports Trump?

Reckon the baby eating person was just as likley a plant by Ms Cortez et al to try and bolster the Democrats equally bizarre green new deal policies :pac:

Well we already destroyed our eco system and turned it into a giant cattle farm many moons ago.

Here's some nice alternative landscapes for you and not even one fuking cow in sight. Should suit you down to the ground ...

303104164.jpg

55224215083342d0d2920212c58a7447.jpg

But hey according to your ideology no one should have ever left Africa or developed human civilisation anyway?

And the early peoples of Ireland who successfully adapted the resources of the country and built a society so that they could live and thrive destroyed everything did they?

Perhaps your like to have everyone return to living in the jungle? Where theres is no civilisation, no farming and definitely no place for eejits to moralise to others about being better than everyone else - because they'd simply get eaten. Hang on - maybe there would be some benefits after all ...

I can buy you a one way ticket if you would like ... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Leo and a lot more including a few here are guilty of Political Pedophelia according to the Russians.

No, Boards just gets astroturfed more - especially by Libertarians, extending all the way to Alt Right stuff. You do, however, get some in older generations in Ireland, who are more susceptible the falling victim to nonsense/propaganda, through old age, declining mental health or reduced faculties - YouTube is awful for tripping such people up, as it's full of conspiracy theory clickbait shite.In person, people know they would be given a wide berth, spouting some of the stuff here.

Young woke eejits attack anyone older (and more often wiser by the looks of it) than themselves - whats new lol ...

So you believe everyone is out to get you and they are all conspiring right out in the open to do so yeah? And you claim others beliefs are strange lol ...

This rubbish has to be the looniest hijack of a thread I have ever came across on boards to date. And that sure is saying something :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

We have to crush capitalism for the earth to survive yes.

Why don’t you go off the grid and live like The Amish and lead by example then.

You said you don’t need money so that should be easy enough.

Its not possible to live off the grid and function in today's society unfortunately. Compared to you materials and money obsessed nut jobs i prob do live off the grid anyway.

Its not possible to live off the grid and function in today's society unfortunately. Compared to you materials and money obsessed nut jobs i prob do live off the grid anyway.

Why not? As per the other posters idea- find some group like the Amish - they seem to do just fine. But wait they have cows - nope you wouldn't like that at all ...

Plenty of remote places to set up your own idea of utopia. Mind you will have to get the hands dirty, grow your own food or hunt and actually live in the countryside well away from all those people you evidently despise. Maybe crowd fund to help get set up. Hell I'll even donate....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,752 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

gozunda wrote: »
    So you believe yer one Cortez claiming the girl supporting 'eating babies' was a Trump supporter?

My my - the ****e is flying now ... :pac:

Provide some proof or get out...

https://www.businessinsider.com/pro-trump-group-behind-aoc-protester-calling-to-eat-babies-2019-10

Also, on your 'provide proof or get out' statement, you can't demand proof in one post and ignore it elsewhere just to pick and choose your argument.

Well, I know you can, because you've been doing it for x number of months now, but you shouldn't, and it shows how empty your argument is.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pro-trump-group-behind-aoc-protester-calling-to-eat-babies-2019-10Also, on your 'provide proof or get out' statement, you can't demand proof in one post and ignore it elsewhere just to pick and choose your argument. Well, I know you can, because you've been doing it for x number of months now, but you shouldn't, and it shows how empty your argument is.

Lol. Bull****. The claims are she is a La Rouche cult member. La Rouche supported the left - how the frack does that also makes her a Trump supporter lol. And I do love the way you implicitly believe the media. Just as likley shes a plant by Cortez and friends...

And just because others point out the evident lack of logic in your posts does not mean those arguments lack proof'. So down off the high horse there boyo. It doesn't suit your set up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

And here's that moment like the Woody Allen film, where the LaRouche movement are pulled into frame to say "you're wrong", and gozunda just keeps going anyway...
    920x920.jpg
    https://www.greenwichtime.com/local/article/LaRouche-supporters-take-pro-Trump-stance-in-13028251.php

Amazing how one-sided the 'skepticism' is, from these posters...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

You sound awful

Of course it is.

It would just require you to get up and do it.

• Advertisement

Of course it is.

It would just require you to get up and do it.

To do what?

To do what?

Live a life off of the grid.

Plenty of people in Ireland, Europe and globally do it.

And here's that moment like the Woody Allen film, where the LaRouche movement are pulled into frame to say "you're wrong", and gozunda just keeps going anyway...https://s.hdnux.com/photos/74/15/47/15784428/3/920x920.jpg[/I
    https://www.greenwichtime.com/local/article/LaRouche-supporters-take-pro-Trump-stance-in-13028251.phpAmazing how one-sided the 'skepticism' is, from these posters...

So a photo still and a quote from a fictional film by Woody Allen is your argument that this baby eating person is explicably a trump supporter lol

Kyuusb your comments are the definition of 'wrong' on so many levels I'm at a loss where to start :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

the box room in your parents house is connected to the grid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭lleti

If Greta was around during the time Ireland was connected to mainland Europe and then broke off she'd be claiming it was humans fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Where would one find info on what Gretas team is predicting what will happen and when? Preferably an article not overly scientific

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Where would one find info on what Gretas team is predicting what will happen and when? Preferably an article not overly scientific

This is a good recent article to start with.

Another readable recent one is this.

This is NASA's climate change site. If you scroll down a little, you'll find four circles with comprehensive articles about evidence, solutions etc.

It's a bit technical but the IPCC has a lot of scientific papers on climate change. Many are readable to non-scientists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

NewMan1982 wrote: »

I think this is a pretty good summary but in video form:

"They have taken scientific analysis and exaggerated it to the point of absurdity."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I think a bigger/more immediate time bomb is air quality for people living in cities.

You have people who have spent their entire lives in cities breathing in sh1te, what impact will this have on your lungs after 40 years.

And when I say city I am speaking of larger cities so not necessarily Dublin/Cork.

• Advertisement

the box room in your parents house is connected to the grid.

I own my own house in the d5 Ghetto. My parents live in Spain. I’ll go for a beer with you guys if you want. I’m in Switzerland now for work drunk af though. I flew here Greta hates that jaz, flights and ****.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement