Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

bubblypop wrote: »
    I dont believe anyone is focusing on her medical condition? She draws attention to it herself, as do her family.

Her mother seems ambivalent about the whole thing. She has taken several lawsuits against people she deems to have exploited her daughter.

And by the way anyone bullying her or making jokes on twitter etc THAT isn't on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

I certainly don't correct. I know I wouldn't take a 16 yr old with Asperger's who only recovered from anorexia and self harm a few years ago alone with no doctor.

Your posts are pure nonsense. You have absolutely know clue or knowledge on any thread you post in.

Do you read what you type?.

None of the posters care about her health. They dislike her message. None of them have experience or knowledge of yachting across the Atlantic.

It's transparent

I don't believe any of the posters here have said they dislike her message?
    She is talking about climate change, I don't need a child to tell me about climate change & I really don't see how world governments could possibly need a child to tell them something we all know.
    Lots of children have opinions on lots of topics, it's just strange how this one has been pushed into the world's spotlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

She is talking about climate change, I don't need a child to tell me about climate change & I really don't see how world governments could possibly need a child to tell them something we all know.
    Lots of children have opinions on lots of topics, it's just strange how this one has been pushed into the world's spotlight.

They clearly do have issues with the message. This already been relayed to you.

I love her message.

I feel protective over her though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

gozunda wrote: »
    Well those posts certainly weren't anyway :pac:
    Amazing how those who can't contribute to a discussion revert to throwing ****e ...

Oops, was too direct again, must remember to conceal it under false concern, temporarily forgot the protocol :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

This thread isn't about climate change anyway its about Greta

Not true. Most schools in Dublin have been doing them for years before all this.

Why do you lie?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭quokula

EAPw-J5VAAEa6za.jpg

Why do you lie?

It's true several schools did it mine did. It was only a half day though.

They did something in the 80s too. Not sure it was climate change but something to do with the environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I’m not sure I could have been any more crystal clear with you? :confused:

1. I don’t give a flying f... what she wants. She’s a child.

2. See 1.

Finally. You owned it.
    So much for the extended version we got earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Again, the same people arguing a toss with those defending her are completely ignoring the post in this thread which hoped for another Titanic.

They show faux-concern about this being a child but couldn't give a flying f*ck about a post wishing harm on said child.

She has several pr companies behind her who are now in control more than her family is.

When she turns 18 it will be a nightmare.

Faugheen wrote: »
    Again, the same people arguing a toss with those defending her are completely ignoring the post in this thread which hoped for another Titanic.

They show faux-concern about this being a child but couldn't give a flying f*ck about a post wishing harm on said child.
    Report said post. If you show it to me i will report it too.

I found it and reported it. page 2 last post mods.

Report said post. If you show it to me i will report it too.

I have. As usual the mods are slow to get to it.

Faugheen wrote: »
    I have. As usual the mods are slow to get to it.
    Perhaps they see it as just a joke and not a serious threat. Its their call.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Blame the adults its not Greta's fault.

I am blaming the adults involved, because they are ultimately responsible for the child’s welfare. I haven’t once said the child is responsible for her actions, because I don’t believe she is. It’s her parents and the adults who are using her as the poster child for their campaign who I hold responsible. I don’t support their campaign because they’re putting the responsibility on a child to promote their beliefs.

I see nothing wrong with the child sharing their beliefs, children generally do share the beliefs of the people who are influential in their lives. The adults in this child’s life are taking advantage of the child to promote their beliefs, instead of simply saying to the child that she can cross the Atlantic and attend UN conferences when she is an adult herself, and in the meantime they will represent her views to other adults.

Perhaps they see it as just a joke and not a serious threat. Its their call.

Don't care, if I wished cancer on a member and followed it up with 'LOL jk' I'd be banned for trolling and being abusive.

Joke or not, it's a horrible, scummy thing to say about a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

-greta_thunberg-environmentalists-environmental_activists-global_warming-climate_action-kscn7507_low.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

It's true several schools did it mine did. It was only a half day though.

They did something in the 80s too. Not sure it was climate change but something to do with the environment.

So students of several schools in the Dublin have been holding regular weekly school strikes in front of government buildings and public places to highlight government inactivity on climate change mitigation and adaptation with particular focus on said governments refusal to listen to the scientific community?

Riiiiiight. That's not disingenuous at all.

So students of several schools in the Dublin have been holding regular weekly school strikes in front of government buildings and public places to highlight government inactivity on climate change mitigation and adaptation with particular focus on said governments refusal to listen to the scientific community?

Riiiiiight. That's not disingenuous at all.
    No and they are not doing that now.

Yearly they did and have been for decades though.

There was the march 15 one here. They are not doing it every week though. they just do the yearly global ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭quokula

I am blaming the adults involved, because they are ultimately responsible for the child’s welfare. I haven’t once said the child is responsible for her actions, because I don’t believe she is. It’s her parents and the adults who are using her as the poster child for their campaign who I hold responsible. I don’t support their campaign because they’re putting the responsibility on a child to promote their beliefs.

I see nothing wrong with the child sharing their beliefs, children generally do share the beliefs of the people who are influential in their lives. The adults in this child’s life are taking advantage of the child to promote their beliefs, instead of simply saying to the child that she can cross the Atlantic and attend UN conferences when she is an adult herself, and in the meantime they will represent her views to other adults.

As much as some might refuse to accept it, climate change is more of a fact than a "belief"

quokula wrote: »
    As much as some might refuse to accept it, climate change is more of a fact than a "belief"

Everyone in Ireland accepts climate change is a fact. Except the healy raes. And they are nuts.

Finally. You owned it.
    So much for the extended version we got earlier.

Ahh TMH come on now, of course I owned it earlier? There wouldn’t have needed to be an extended version if you had actually listened in the first place instead of berating me for not listening to a child.

quokula wrote: »

Climate change is of course a scientific fact, but it’s the adult campaigners personal, social, environmental and political beliefs I was referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Oops, was too direct again, must remember to conceal it under false concern, temporarily forgot the protocol :

Need to work on the old humour there dohnjoe ... Its a bit predictable tbh :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It's creepy and odd how a little girl, regardless of who might be in the wings, sailing to highlight climate change is getting so much hate. Years ago, before all the ALT-Right and Trump folk start getting brave we would have had a few saying 'fair play to her' and the odd crank giving out, but this is just creepy IMO.

It's creepy and odd how a little girl, regardless of who might be in the wings, sailing to highlight climate change is getting so much hate. Years ago, before all the ALT-Right and Trump folk start getting brave we would have had a few saying 'fair play to her' and the odd crank giving out, but this is just creepy IMO.
    I agree it's creepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Not true. Most schools in Dublin have been doing them for years before all this.
    Who started it then, if not her?

I'm not 'alt right ' or a Trump fan, in fact I think I'm a little left leaning.
    I think it's creepy & odd how many people are putting stock into what a little girl says.
    It's weird to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Ahh TMH come on now, of course I owned it earlier? There wouldn’t have needed to be an extended version if you had actually listened in the first place instead of berating me for not listening to a child.

Do you see how it might have been confusing...
    This is exactly the kind of shìte I’m talking about. I’m concerned about how it will play out purely for the welfare of the child involved. Campaigners are having to up the ante and every publicity stunt has to be greater than the last one.
    I’m not sure I could have been any more crystal clear with you? :confused:

1. I don’t give a flying f... what she wants. She’s a child.

2. See 1.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement