Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

He could cut down on the burgers.

I would swap the shight talk for the burgers myself, but I don't get to choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Yup standard issue for you people to think of Dublin this way

And for a lot of good reasons.

You should take some time to read the thread.

Large number of arguments in the first 3, 4 thousand
    posts against Greta were related to her having aspergers.

I couldn’t be arsed to read over the sh*te again. Some say she has autism and you and others say aspergers. Would you like me to edit my posts to suit you? I don’t know much about the girl as i have said in a previous post.

Oh seeing we are getting a lesson on reading posts i do remember you not reading my posts very well and me having to correct you. Before replying please read the post properly before replying, thank you.

He could cut down on the burgers.

Why? Sure if they’re tasty why not. I’m partial to a good quarter pounder myself ;-)

Micky 32 wrote: »
    And for a lot of good reasons.

Micky32, are people who live " up the town ", are they townies or culchies?

I would always say a culchie is a proper mucker. Only goes in to town to do the shopping and has a sceptic tank in the back garden, etc.

What do you reckon? I am only fishing for terminology btw. I am not starting a row now or anything.

Talk to ye in 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Why? Sure if they’re tasty why not. I’m partial to a good quarter pounder myself ;-)

I'll get Greta to call around with a hurley.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...Some say she has autism and you and others say aspergers..

"Aspergers" is now called Autism Spectrum Disorder, which would be considered a form of autism. The other term fell into disuse on account of Hans Asperger's propensity for collaborating with Nazi lunatics in murdering children who were considered inferior.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Micky32, are people who live " up the town ", are they townies or culchies?

I would always say a culchie is a proper mucker. Only goes in to town to do the shopping and has a sceptic tank in the back garden, etc.

What do you reckon? I am only fishing for terminology btw. I am not starting a row now or anything.

Talk to ye in 5.

Sure i wouldn’t know. I live in a large town. No septic tank in my garden, is it true that sewage gets pumped into the liffy up there?. Also we have gigabit broadband too. Sure why don’t you come down the country and ask the culchies if you’re looking for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,578 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

jimgoose wrote:
    "Asbergers" is now called Autism Spectrum Disorder, which would be considered a form of autism. The other term fell into disuse on account of Hans Asberger's propensity for collaborating with Nazi lunatics in murdering children who were considered inferior.

Big debate, particularly amongst professionals, whether asbergers should have been included under the autism spectrum, interesting debate, not sure whether it bothers me or not

Sure i wouldn’t know. I live in a large town. No septic tank in my garden, is it true that sewage gets pumped into the liffy up there?. Also we have gigabit broadband too. Sure why don’t you come down the country and ask the culchies if you’re looking for info.

So you're technically not a culchie?

You are a "Townie" ? With a plumbed gaff etc?

I am often down the country to buy my meat. I know what the farmers are up to. Sly divils.

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »

I am often down the country to buy my meat. I know what the farmers are up to. Sly divils.

My advice to you there is don’t tell them you’re from the city ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

She's like her boat, full of ****...

She is a well used pawn!

Good on the lemmings and snowflakes who support her.....��

• Registered Users Posts: 21,711 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

galwayllm wrote: »
    She's like her boat, full of ****...

She is a well used pawn!

Good on the lemmings and snowflakes who support her.....��

But you're way too smart for that aren't you.
    You have analysed the data, considered the facts and formed a logical opinion.
    Everyone else is just too stupid for that.

Well done, oh wise one.

My advice to you there is don’t tell them you’re from the city ;-)

What should I do , take " culchie " elocution lessons?

But you're way too smart for that aren't you.
    You have analysed the data, considered the facts and formed a logical opinion.
    Everyone else is just too stupid for that.

Well done, oh wise one.

I wonder how she did dispose of her s**t and pee ( from drinking out of plastic bottles)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Nah. There's a weird, bordering on perverse obsession with this girl that I've been seeing here for ages. It's just a bit sad that so many people have so little to do with their time.
    I gave pretty much all the info I have on her in my previous post. I know nothing else about her but if she elicits so much hatred from the libertarians here then she must be ok.

That's the thing - you're right. There is perverse obsession by some people for sure. The level of adulation and frankly idolisation by that small number is truely scary imo.

Lol though conversely funny you think that anyone commenting on what someone says or does (eg those tantrums) amounts to 'hatred'. That argument hasn't washed previously on the thread. Dont reckon it's going to do any better now tbh. But as for time wasted or otherwise here we are on boards yaking away. Funny old world isn't it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Nah. There's a weird, bordering on perverse obsession with this girl that I've been seeing here for ages. It's just a bit sad that so many people have so little to do with their time.

I gave pretty much all the info I have on her in my previous post. I know nothing else about her but if she elicits so much hatred from the libertarians here then she must be ok.
    Shoe on the other foot a lot of people are quite fascinated with her philosophy, and seem to be using it for that mission in life, that something missing, a feeling of belonging so lacking in today's society :-)

You and a few others keep saying there's a load of haters here, it's just not evident to me, no matter how often you repeat it. I guess you believe it though?
    Maybe that's part of the attraction, thinking that there's evil out there to be defeated? part of the mission defeating the bad people?

gozunda wrote: »
    That's the thing - you're right. There is perverse obsession by some people for sure. The level of adulation and frankly idolisation by that small number is truely scary imo.

Lol though conversely funny you think that anyone commenting on what someone says or does (eg those tantrums) amounts to 'hatred'. That argument hasn't washed previously on the thread. Dont reckon it's going to do any better now tbh. But as for time wasted or otherwise here we are on boards yaking away. Funny old world isn't it ...

:D:D:D:D

Brilliant. Gozunda doesn't agree so can decree how something is viewed on thread.

Get over yourself man. You can add all the 'lol's' and 'it's funny how' or 'funny old worlds' you want, you've gone right across the board in your arguments against Greta, it's definitely fueled by something and hatred seems the most likely.

Now, the root cause for that hatred is more intriguing...

:D:D:D:D

Brilliant. Gozunda doesn't agree so can decree how something is viewed on thread.

Get over yourself man. You can add all the 'lol's' and 'it's funny how' or 'funny old worlds' you want, you've gone right across the board in your arguments against Greta, it's definitely fueled by something and hatred seems the most likely.

Now, the root cause for that hatred is more intriguing...

you....

you can tell the difference between a poster not particularly subscribing to the purported beliefs of a public figure...

...and that poster doing something worthy of you attacking them in this thread?

you can do that, cant you?

you....

you can tell the difference between a poster not particularly subscribing to the purported beliefs of a public figure...

...and that poster doing something worthy of you attacking them in this thread?

you can do that, cant you?

Just because I counter arguments I disagree with does not equate to attacking someone.

Or does it? In your world?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

On the "person of the year" award...

What is she risking, what is she sacrificing?

Meanwhile, for example,...what are the protestors in Hong Kong risking?

On any level it's absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I just don't understand why people are obsessing on the messenger, rather than the message.

If she triggers you personally, then you need to go for a long walk and have a chat with yourself.

Who says the person awarded the accolade has to risk or sacrifice something?
    Person of the Year (called Man of the Year or Woman of the Year until 1999) is an annual issue of the United States news magazine Time that features and profiles a person, a group, an idea, or an object that "for better or for worse... has done the most to influence the events of the year"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I get that it looks like she's having a whale of a time jet-setting setting sail between continents, but she's probably had more of an impact than the HK protesters. It's far easier for a government to introduce carbon taxes and subsidise public transport than to stare down Winnie the Pooh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Her childhood. We stolded it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Brilliant. Gozunda doesn't agree so can decree how something is viewed on thread.Get over yourself man. You can add all the 'lol's' and 'it's funny how' or 'funny old worlds' you want, you've gone right across the board in your arguments against Greta, it's definitely fueled by something and hatred seems the most likely. Now, the root cause for that hatred is more intriguing...

Rflol! ' Tell me how' - As per another poster I think its because some apparently dont read peoples posts or just dont understand them? Or maybe resort to telling others to read the thread :D

But hey there we go - no matter. Eitherway yup I have been rock solid on my position on greta in this thread :pac: link or get out when using the old pointy sticks.

But Yup it's a funny old world - I'd say fekin hilarious even. Only those strangely idolising the teenager could come up with a bizarre idea that any one not agreeing with such idolisation is 'hatred' : For sure this new hate crime legislation should get some fair old rattling with nuisance reports I'd imagine :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Where does Greta think the batteries come from in her Tesla?

And who eats canned beans in their car.

Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Her childhood. We stolded it.

Don’t forget her hopes and dreams.

I feel so sorry for this millionaire.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Maybe the car runs on methane. Hence all the baked beans.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement