Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Where does Greta think the batteries come from in her Tesla?

And who eats canned beans in their car.

Disgusting.

With all them beans she’ll produce more greenhouse gasses than cows!

Where does Greta think the batteries come from in her Tesla?

I’m more concerned about all the plastics and bottles because “Tell me now “is gonna hit the roof, someones in trouble, oh dear.... Greta better run and hide quick

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Micky 32 wrote: »
    With all them beans she’ll produce more greenhouse gasses than cows!

There’s something about her that makes my skin crawl. Her original speech just made me feel so uncomfortable and not because of the content of it, it was just her. Theres something very "off" with her... she creeps me out massively.

Eating cold beans from a can in her car explains some of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Fake news.

You have obviously created this video in a studio to discredit Greta. Quite the elaborate stunt, and getting 1.2M subscribers to your YouTube channel was a nice touch, but we see through it.

Shame. On. You.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

All those plastic bottles etc littering the floor. And here we are trying to create awareness :(

Mickey I think you are greta! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,711 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Oh. My. God. This.... this changes everything. I mean, what was she thinking. I feel so let down, and lied to and Oh, my God, I can't even...........

Not!

A - Is she expected to survive on thin air?
    B - She is just off a boat, do people think that she has full equipment to cook and store food with her?
    C - Do you really think that this undermines her message?
    D - Is it actually her car (or the car she travelled in)?

I know the video maker went out looking for a scoop to undermine her, I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that she hadn't been anywhere near the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Oh. My. God. This.... this changes everything. I mean, what was she thinking. I feel so let down, and lied to and Oh, my God, I can't even...........

Not!

B - She is just off a boat, do people think that she has full equipment to cook and store food with her?

I know the video maker went out looking for a scoop to undermine her, I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that she hadn't been anywhere near the car.

Ah fake news I get you.

;)

Ah fake news I get you.

;)

Possibly, but even if it's true, I don't see it undermining her message at all.
    Given how she is travelling, is it really feasible to think she will not have to use less ideal practices on occasion.

It's part of the problem where people think that this should (if it is true) negate her message while using it for an excuse for not doing anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I saw her in Madrid last week, asked a question should these young people change their OWN lives and habits .

She brushed it aside and basically said - Protest more, bring more awareness.
    This cult has nothing to do with actual change, they just want anarchy, they want idiots supergluing themselves to the road - which only alienates people.

She had the chance to tell her supporters to walk more, use electronics less, stop changing your phone ever x months .... but no, let the social media likes campaign continue .....

Is she’s asked a question she hasn’t been given a scripted answer for, she hasn’t a clue what to say.

I couldn’t be arsed to read over the sh*te again. Some say she has autism and you and others say aspergers. Would you like me to edit my posts to suit you? I don’t know much about the girl as i have said in a previous post.

Oh seeing we are getting a lesson on reading posts i do remember you not reading my posts very well and me having to correct you. Before replying please read the post properly before replying, thank you.

Medically, there is no such thing as just autism or aspergers any more. It’s all ASD now, and there are 2 scales of spectrum. Emotional and behavioural. Each scale has three levels, mild, moderate and severe.

• Advertisement

I just don't understand why people are obsessing on the messenger, rather than the message.

If she triggers you personally, then you need to go for a long walk and have a chat with yourself.

Can you explain “triggers”? I’ve seen it throughout the thread. Triggered this, triggers that. Can’t people hold a differing opinion without being triggered? Is saying triggered just a succinct way of saying holds a different opinion to me??

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Her childhood. We stolded it.

The attached sums Greta up. Spoilt little rich kid.,

Can you explain “triggers”? I’ve seen it throughout the thread. Triggered this, triggers that. Can’t people hold a differing opinion without being triggered? Is saying triggered just a succinct way of saying holds a different opinion to me??

more than that.

being triggered is a serious PTSD response reaction when something sends you back into that distress state

to use it as the mocking, contemptuous slap in the manner weve seen throughout this thread demonstrates either enormous ignorance, appalling lack of empathy or offensive callousness

but its ok, because they are the good guys

transparent as **** imo, as is the rest of their nasty behaviour to anyone asking the wrong questions

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

The attached sums Greta up. Spoilt little rich kid.,

And there’s that triggering you enquired about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

I just don't understand why people are obsessing on the messenger, rather than the message.

I agree completely. It was absurd of the UN to allow the messenger in, when her message was already well known and she had absolutely nothing new to say.

more than that.

being triggered is a serious PTSD response reaction when something sends you back into that distress state

to use it as the mocking, contemptuous slap in the manner weve seen throughout this thread demonstrates either enormous ignorance, appalling lack of empathy or offensive callousness

transparent as **** imo, as is the rest of their nasty behaviour to anyone asking the wrong questions

What about the way this poster used it?
    reported this post for triggering content

We are way down the rabbit hole when posters who spend a lot of their time talking about snowflake liberals are now perplexed by it being suggested they appear triggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

more than that.

Hmm.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111957823&postcount=7459

What about the way this poster used it?

We are way down the rabbit hole when posters who spend a lot of their time talking about snowflake liberals are now perplexed by it being suggested they appear triggered.

what was the context there? mocking the post it responded to?

i think you'll find not.

tbh its good youre on the good guys side. your tactics and approach would really blur the lines if there was any question whatsoever.

edit: at least alastair provided context

anyways, im on the nasty side, remember?

Not!

Oh give over and stop making excuses for her. You weren’t long lecturing me about my water bottles, you didn’t even think to ask me about my circumstances on why they were there. Your posts are becoming pathetic at this stage. She’s a hypocrite plane and simple. Accept that fact and stop throwing a tantrum.

Btw that was her car not her boat, just like i had bottles in my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tuisceanch

Countries are finding clever ways around having to take real action. Like double-counting emissions reductions and moving their emissions overseas and walking back on their promises to increase ambition or refusing to pay for solutions or loss of damage. This has to stop.

“What we need is real drastic emission cuts at the source but of course, just reducing emissions is not enough. Our greenhouse gas emissions has to stop. To stay below 1.5 degrees. We need to keep the carbon in the ground. Only setting up distant dates and saying things which give the impression of the action is underway will most likely do more harm than good because the changes required are still nowhere in sight.

The politics needed does not exist today despite what you might hear from world leaders. And I still believe that the biggest danger is not inaction. The real danger is when politicians and CEOs are making it look like real action is happening when in fact almost nothing is being done apart from clever accounting and creative PR.

I'd have to agree with that statement in bold. Certainly tallies with the Irish government's predicament with meeting its pledges. Not often you hear a public figure state something so plainly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tuisceanch

Ireland has a notorious and long-established record, encapsulated in emission figures that don’t lie. The latest Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) figures confirm the trend; we are on a trajectory of rising emissions with no indication of when it will be stopped and put into reverse – in spite of commitments made on the global stage to do so.

If that continues, our emissions in 2020 will be higher than they were in 2005. The target we agreed with the EU was to reduce them by 20 per cent. Put another way, our emissions in 2020 will therefore be 25 per cent higher than the target we agreed.
    Ireland is not on track to meet binding renewable energy targets or emissions reduction targets for 2020. The possibility of fines frequently arises, but carbon credits can be purchased to meet compliance with both emissions and renewable energy targets. The latter is the likely course we will take.

Existing estimated costs for purchasing compliance for these combined targets range from a total of €230 million to €610 million.

In the case of emissions failures, the cost could be several hundred million euro.

I'm guessing our strategy is dependent on other countries meeting their targets.

The problem on this thread is if you disagree with Greta you are either a hater or triggered.

There’s no “ if it was” about it, The video is legit and that is her stuff.

So why the small bottles? Why couldn’t she use large drums of water on the boat and fill the metal container you seem to be promoting a lot about? Less plastic to water ratio than those small bottles added up.

Given how she is travelling, is it really feasible to think she will not have to use less ideal practices on occasion.

If she can’t practice what she preaches she shouldn’t have travelled.

If she can’t practice what she preaches she shouldn’t have travelled.

Get out of here with that nonsense.

Do you think people working in climate saving industries walk to work every morning?

Take some time, and try and look at the bigger picture.

Do you think that the 16 year old in the car was responsible for all decisions on selecting food provisions?

Get out of here with that nonsense.

Do you think people working in climate saving industries walk to work every morning?

Take some time, and try and look at the bigger picture.

Do you think that the 16 year old in the car was responsible for all decisions on selecting food provisions?

The only nonsense here is the bs you’re typing. Yes the bigger picture is she’s a hypocrite, she just looking to be in the spot light and behind closed doors doing what most teenagers do. She drinks out of water bottles just like the ones you lectured me about..

Are you saying she isn’t capable of choosing her own food?

The only nonsense here is the bs you’re typing. Yes the bigger picture is she’s a hypocrite, she just looking to be in the spot light and behind closed doors doing what most teenagers do. She drinks out of water bottles just like the ones you lectured me about..

Sigh.

Again, I didn't lecture you. I pointed out that you could save money and do more for the environment by using a refillable container.

You acknowledged the fact that you hadn't realised it.

Trying to suggest that a child who has just sailed across the Atlantic is a hypocrite for being in a car with convenience bottles of waters is grasping at straws.

You seem intent in having an argument. I'm off out now, you'll have to find someone else to annoy. ;) Have good one.

Are you saying she isn’t capable of choosing her own food?

When you were 16, did you source and buy all the food you consumed?

Seriously, is that the level you are debating at?

• Advertisement

Sigh.

Again, I didn't lecture you. I pointed out that you could save money and do more for the environment by using a refillable container.

You acknowledged the fact that you hadn't realised it.

Trying to suggest that a child who has just sailed across the Atlantic is a hypocrite for being in a car with convenience bottles of waters is grasping at straws.

You seem intent in having an argument. I'm off out now, you'll have to find someone else to annoy. ;) Have good one.

It was a lecture indeed, you posted about them multiple times , sigh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement