Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

When you were 16, did you source and buy all the food you consumed?

Seriously, is that the level you are debating at?

Seriously is right. Are you for real? You have a girl who takes on all this responsibilty around the world and she can’t choose her own food?? Have a day off

i did

and i wasnt lecturing the ****ing world, so even at that its an utterly false equivalence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

She went on hunger strike to force her family into Veganism. I’d say she has a big say in what they buy and consume. Don’t want Greta to have another **** fit.

She went on hunger strike to force her family into Veganism. I’d say she has a big say in what they buy and consume. Don’t want Greta to have another **** fit.

Yep her way or the highway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

People are going to die in the future she says.

Greta, people are dying right now including kids through wars famine etc.

Stop worrying about the future and something about the misery that is going on now??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Micky 32 wrote: »
    The problem on this thread is if you disagree with Greta you are either a hater or triggered.

There are so many now - dare disagree with anything said and you are a greta 'hater'. Point out what she is saying has nothing to do with any actual science - and you are a 'denier'.Then the vague allegations that all and sundry have changed their opinions despite no evidence at all. Express an honest opinion and you're 'triggered' It's like an old broken record with a scratchy needle ...

I think what it means we are all 'triggered hating deniers who keep changing things'
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The thing about this girl is unless she’s willing to give up her ipads, laptops, iPhones and Tesla cars and live off the grid in a fully sustainable log cabin she should shut up.

“You ruined my childhood”... what’s it like bring a millionaire spoiled brat Greta?

The thing about this girl is unless she’s willing to give up her ipads, laptops, iPhones and Tesla cars and live off the grid in a fully sustainable log cabin she should shut up.

“You ruined my childhood”... what’s it like bring a millionaire spoiled brat Greta?

Yes this exactly. I get f***ing lectured by multiple posts about some water bottles but it’s ok for Greta to have them lying around she gets a free pass. She could have had fitted alternative containers on her boat.

i dont know, its possible she has done, but have we details of the kind of frontline volunteer work greta's conscience has driven her to perform throughout her exemplary life?

or does the balance on the scales tip more to controlling her family's diet, skipping school and reading speeches to plush bodies that even her uh her boosters here cant explain her platform at?

one of the nice things about people in their thirties, forties, and look i know they are awful and have ruined gretas youth, is that you can look at their actions and get an idea of their actual experience of the dirty, hard work that informs their ...
    right to their platform, i guess

*waits for tell me how to tell me they cannot understand my post and to ignore same*

• Registered Users Posts: 21,711 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

gozunda wrote: »
    There are so many now - dare disagree with anything said and you are a greta 'hater'. Point out what she is saying has nothing to do with any actual science - and you are a 'denier'.Then the vague allegations that all and sundry have changed their opinions despite no evidence at all. Express an honest opinion and you're 'triggered' It's like an old broken record with a scratchy needle ...

I think what it means we are all 'triggered hating deniers who keep changing things'
    :rolleyes:

Finally you've hit on a nugget of truth.

• Advertisement

Finally you've hit on a nugget of truth.

Only if that nugget replaces what amounts to what little intelligence anyone might have who comes up with that type of name calling ****e. But hey sometimes when theres no counter argument - it seems a resort to calling silly names eh and not discussing a topic is certain to follow. But hey that's where we're at :D

Greta seems to be kind of good at kind of thing for sure. What an inspiration! :p

Only if that nugget replaces what amounts to what little intelligence anyone might have who comes up with that type of name calling ****e. But hey sometimes when theres no counter argument - it seems a resort to calling silly names eh and not discussing a topic is certain to follow. But hey that's where we're at :D

Greta seems to be kind of good at kind of thing for sure. What an inspiration! :p

Time Magazine seem to think so.

And the EU, and the UN, and the HoC etc, etc, etc....

id have to defend her on that score, tho to be sure i dont be hunting down her utterances.

her boosters in this thread, yes.

Not the first time the child actor has been busted tbh ...

9wx222sk0no31.jpg

Greta: Do as I say not as I do.

Gretas acolytes in unison: Yes greta we are your disciples - any one who tells it how it is - is a denier - a hater - and triggered. We will attack them for you!

Time Magazine seem to think so.

And the EU, and the UN, and the HoC etc, etc, etc....

That’s only because she got herself a big cult following that made her famous, have you seen some the antics of her followers? One of her followers glued himself to a electric bus ffs. I would compare it to that one hit wonder, you know that song ? “ i’m a barby girl”

As for the EU, a nice meal ticket to brainwash people for taxes.

Time Magazine seem to think so. And the EU, and the UN, and the HoC etc, etc, etc....

:D You dont really what the Time magazine POTY is then? Or a little humour no? I thought a few posters had already explained that? You know just about anyone can attend those conferences if you get your daddy to apply in plenty of time no? Ah well no worries ...

Not the first time the child actor has been busted tbh ...

9wx222sk0no31.jpg

Greta: Do as I say not as I do.

Gretas acolytes in unison: Yes greta we are your disciples - any one who tells it how it is - is a denier - a hater - and triggered. We will attack them for you!

Moved on from the humour to over exaggeration I see. Very versatile of you.

:D You dont really what the Time magazine POTY is then? Or a little humour no? I thought a few posters had already explained that? Ah well no worries ...

Well, it's just that in the text on the magazine, they stated how she had inspired people.

Now, maybe Time magazine wouldn't be as informed as those good posters explaining stuff here, but I'd kinda reckon they are. Just a tad.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Yes this exactly. I get f***ing lectured by multiple posts about some water bottles but it’s ok for Greta to have them lying around she gets a free pass. She could have had fitted alternative containers on her boat.

Ah but you are not saint greta - you heathen! . So twelve score lashes for you and penance to be made to st greta of the plastic bottles. Bless you my child but your sins will not be forgiven!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Her update to her twitter bio after Trump's remarks was funny.

Gas she is coming out the more mature one when up against the President of the US. What crazy times we live in :)

• Advertisement

hetuzozaho wrote: »

Gas she is coming out the more mature one when up against the President of the US. What crazy times we live in :)

Even crazier when you remember that that Presidents wife started an initiative to reduce online bullying while her husband attempts to bully and belittle people via twitter every day.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1205100602025545730?s=20

Sad thing its not wrong - especially after that last outburst. Looks like its water off a ducks back though. Perhap they have more in common than meets the eye ...

Moved on from the humour to over exaggeration I see. Very versatile of you.

Thank you - versatile poster here pointing out the exaggerations with humour!

Here's a Bingo of the usual accusations of 'triggered' 'hatred' and 'denier' all on one page lol.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058006510&page=193

You couldnt make it up. Well you could! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Greta's response, brilliant

greta-thunberg-changes-bio-after-trump-mocks-time-person-of-the-year-honor.png

Even crazier when you remember that that Presidents wife started an initiative to reduce online bullying while her husband attempts to bully and belittle people via twitter every day.

Indeed, they are a bit of a disgrace at the moment. She seems to be rising above it.

Trump would never stay this calm, for a guy talking about anger management, when things don't go his way ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

hetuzozaho wrote: »

If you believe she looks after her twitter account I've some magic beans going for a good price.

If you believe she looks after her twitter account I've some magic beans going for a good price.

I think you've tried to sell me those magic beans before.. You're stuck with them man, we are not all as gullible as you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

What's the big deal about the picture of her eating food?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

biko wrote: »
    Greta's response, brilliant

greta-thunberg-changes-bio-after-trump-mocks-time-person-of-the-year-honor.png

Reminds me of this:

• Advertisement

Oh dear there must be a a tantrum and a stomping of the feet going on at the moment, hope she doesn’t start throwing them water bottles at people. Apparently the UN talks in Madrid didn’t go so well as planned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement