Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

What's the big deal about the picture of her eating food?

Did you see her car?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

What's the big deal about the picture of her eating food?

Peeps are triggered because Greta uses single use plastics and stuff. They don’t realise that Greta calls the shots now, it’s ‘do as I say, not as I do’.

She’s not a hypocrite, she’s an angle. Go, Greta!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Peeps are triggered because Greta uses single use plastics and stuff. They don’t realise that Greta calls the shots now, it’s ‘do as I say, not as I do’.

She’s not a hypocrite, she’s an angle. Go, Greta!

Everyone uses single use plastics, you cant avoid them, its nearly impossible to eat without buying them.

Everyone uses single use plastics, you cant avoid them, its nearly impossible to eat without buying them.

No, you’re wrong.

Greta says:
    ”The problem of plastic pollution in the ocean is even worse than anyone feared. There’s actually more microplastic 1,000 feet down than there is in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.”

Why do you hate Greta?

Exactly but we still get lectured about them by the so called activists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,711 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

No, you’re wrong.

Greta says:
    ”The problem of plastic pollution in the ocean is even worse than anyone feared. There’s actually more microplastic 1,000 feet down than there is in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.”

Why do you hate Greta?

Post after post just reinforces that you dont understand her message.

Not simply that you disagree with it, but that you genuinely don't understand it.

Not simply that you disagree with it, but that you genuinely don't understand it.

How dare you!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Exactly but we still get lectured about them.

Makes this even more hilarious...

Gretas image being used to shame office workers using plastic utensils

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/greta-thunberg-plastic-single-use-office-workers-shame-climate-change-a9196871.html?amp

3jc1bf.jpg

Nothing new on here then, as i have had to keep reposting to you my posts because of your lack of understanding of them.

Exactly but we still get lectured about them.

Wow. Let's have a summary.

You brought up that the floor of your car is covered in plastic bottles.
    It was pointed out there were alternative options which would be better for the environment and you're pocket.
    You acknowledged that you weren't aware of that.
    The fact that you weren't aware of such a basic point was then used to highlight that you were misinformed about the topic of sustainability.

That was it. And you've spent the last 12 hours complaining about being lectured to. And Greta is the one who throws tantrums???

• Advertisement

Wow. Let's have a summary. You brought up that the floor of your car is covered in plastic bottles.
    It was pointed out there were alternative options which would be better for the environment and you're pocket.You acknowledged that you weren't aware of that.The fact that you weren't aware of such a basic point was then used to highlight that you were misinformed about the topic of sustainability.

That was it. And you've spent the last 12 hours complaining about being lectured to. And Greta is the one who throws tantrums???

From the state of that car - it looks like greta is misinformed for sure about 'alternative options which would be better for the environment' and 'the topic of sustainability'

And yet the rest of us are being lectured at ... :rolleyes:

It was pointed out there were alternative options which would be better for the environment and you're pocket.
    The fact that you weren't aware of such a basic point was then used to highlight that you were misinformed about the topic of sustainability.

Stop exaggerating. You had a tantrum when i posted that video about her car. My water bottles took a longtime to build up so the money saving benefit wouldn’t have been significant. You kept posting about them, give it a rest ? Thanks. I’ll say it once and please take note . I RARELY BUY WATER BOTTLES. understand?

Greta could have had large water containers and used them to fill her metal container but you fail to aknowledge that. I bet if it was me on the boat you wouldn’t be long educating me about it.

Wow. Let’s have a summary.
    You brought up that Greta is great, and that we need to look after the environment; you even did a thesis(if I’m not mistaken) on prolonging the life of goods to help the environment.
    The fact that you now see nothing wrong with Greta using single use plastics is mind blowing, especially since you are calling others out on the use of them and sustainability.

That was it. And you’ve spent weeks complaining about people who point out Greta’s hypocrisy.

Stop exaggerating. You had a tantrum when i posted that video about her car. My water bottles took a longtime to build up so the money saving benefit wouldn’t have been significant. You kept posting about them, give it a rest ? Thanks. I’ll say it once and please take note . I RARELY BUY WATER BOTTLES. understand?

Greta could have had large water containers and used them to fill her metal container but you fail to aknowledge that.

Sigh.

Didn't have a tantrum. I discussed the topic with a different viewpoint to you.

That, was not a tantrum. Your post here, with the all caps letters? Tantrum.

That was it. And you’ve spent weeks complaining about people who point out Greta’s hypocrisy.

This is why the whole thing feels like a cult.

Sigh.

Didn't have a tantrum. I discussed the topic with a different viewpoint to you.

That, was not a tantrum. Your post here, with the all caps letters? Tantrum.

I could see it in your posts you didn’t like that video posted by your immature reply.

I put caps hoping you might understand about my water bottles. Forget about them, thankd

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Can we just close this thread. Most of us have a headache from trying to follow the bickering.

Wow. Let’s have a summary.
    You brought up that Greta is great, and that we need to look after the environment; you even did a thesis(if I’m not mistaken) on prolonging the life of goods to help the environment.
    The fact that you now see nothing wrong with Greta using single use plastics is mind blowing, especially since you are calling others out on the use of them and sustainability.

Was Greta the only person on the boat?
    Was age the only person in the car?
    Is it possible others were the purchasers and users if the plastic products?
    Is it at all feasible that the youngest person in the car did not source supplies?

A - I expect she probably did use some of them.
    B - sometimes there are not alternative options as Thelonius Monk (I think) pointed out.
    C - A few of ye are really stretching to try to undermine her.

We've gone through, she's a puppet, she's being endangered, she's uneducated, she's mentally incapable of understanding the topic, there is no climate problem, the timeframe isn't precise enough, theres science on both sides and now, she's a hypocrite.

As I said recently, the only consistency is the hatred these arguments are posted with.

Can we just close this thread. Most of us have a headache from trying to follow the bickering.

So do I, and I'm in the middle of it. But, the alternative is to let people ignore the reality that something needs to be done.

We've tried that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

So do I, and I'm in the middle of it. But, the alternative is to let people ignore the reality that something needs to be done.

We've tried that.

The alternative to five hundred more pages of fighting over a teenager's water bottle? This forum never ceases to amaze me! :pac:

• Advertisement

We've tried that.

It’s the hypocrisy, that’s why i’d like to see it closed. .

jimgoose wrote: »
    The alternative to five hundred more pages of fighting over a teenager's water bottle? This forum never ceases to amaze me! :pac:

Especially when certain posters get transfixed on other posters bottles.

It’s the hypocrisy, that’s why i’d like to see it closed. .

Seriously?
    How about don't post in it if you'd really like to see it closed?

I'm not going to post nonsense arguments and then challenge them on my own.

Seriously?
    How about don't post in it if you'd really like to see it closed?

I'm not going to post nonsense arguments and then challenge them on my own.

You are talking out your back end now. But i tell you what if you stop posting i’ll stop posting? But i guess because you’re a Greta follower it gives you more rights to post on here, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,576 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Ah tis a bit of craic, it's made me realise, there really is weirder people than me on this planet

Was Greta the only person on the boat?
    Was age the only person in the car?
    Is it possible others were the purchasers and users if the plastic products?
    Is it at all feasible that the youngest person in the car did not source supplies?

A - I expect she probably did use some of them.
    B - sometimes there are not alternative options as Thelonius Monk (I think) pointed out.
    C - A few of ye are really stretching to try to undermine her.

We've gone through, she's a puppet, she's being endangered, she's uneducated, she's mentally incapable of understanding the topic, there is no climate problem, the timeframe isn't precise enough, theres science on both sides and now, she's a hypocrite.
    As I said recently, the only consistency is the hatred these arguments are posted with.

We have seen how greta can lecture the great and the good of the UN with her histronics. I somehow think anyone else in that car would get no less. So that means ...

:D

Beware idols with feet of clay...

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Ah tis a bit of craic, it's made me realise, there really is weirder people than me on this planet

What people are you referring to that are weird?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

You want to shut down the discussion.

I wonder what side you’re on....

You want to shut down the discussion.

I wonder what side you’re on....

Probably due to exposure of Greta’s hypocrisy.

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »

From the OPs first post - it's clear it's a tongue in cheek look at gretas travel around the world. Just some seem to have taken extreme umbridge at the irreverent tone in relation to st greta but hey ...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement