Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Nah. There's a weird, bordering on perverse obsession with this girl that I've been seeing here for ages. It's just a bit sad that so many people have so little to do with their time.

I gave pretty much all the info I have on her in my previous post. I know nothing else about her but if she elicits so much hatred from the libertarians here then she must be ok.

No surprise that you support her, none at all ... :rolleyes:

Anyway, her puppet masters are using the fact that she is a child and has autism (allegedly) to silence any criticism - she is never challenged publicly, anyone that does is just labelled a sick bastard for attacking "a poor autistic defenseless child"

It's a great method.

Micky 32 wrote: »

Again she's another elitist driving around in a ****ing TESLA for ****s sake!!
    How much is a Tesla ? 80k ???

Do as we SAY!!!

NOT AS WE DO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

Nobody has any substantive arguments to challenge what she says.

The most anyone can come up with is claiming hypocrisy - that doesn't challenge anything she says though (it's an attack on her, not what she says), and even the claim of hypocrisy is false when it's the structure of our economic system causing climate change, and Greta's participation in that system is not optional - the only option is to change it from within.

All of the posters attacking Greta, (coincidentaly I'm sure...) all attack the major plans that would arrest our contribution to climate change quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Ah tis a bit of craic, it's made me realise, there really is weirder people than me on this planet

Haha I agree.

Some people really don't like anything positive being attributed to Greta, they are straight on any post that does ha

Tis gas. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

KyussB wrote: »

The most anyone can come up with is claiming hypocrisy - that doesn't challenge anything she says though (it's an attack on her, not what she says), and even the claim of hypocrisy is false when it's the structure of our economic system causing climate change, and Greta's participation in that system is not optional - the only option is to change it from within.

All of the posters attacking Greta, (coincidentaly I'm sure...) all attack the major plans that would arrest our contribution to climate change quickly.

Just the same old b***ks really. If we don’t agree with Greta or join her cult we all hate her and are attacking her. Change the record.

• Advertisement

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Haha I agree.

Some people really don't like anything positive being attributed to Greta, they are straight on any post that does ha

Tis gas. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Isn’t it the same when anything negative is posted about Greta? Tis gas too.

Isn’t it the same when anything negative is posted about Greta? Tis gas too.

Oops I used the word positive. Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Haha I agree.

Tis gas. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah I see you agree with shrugman Goodstuff!

Unfortunately greta aint too positive at all - she reckons civilisation is going tits up in a decade plus a couple of exact days and months. Maybe that's why the car is a complete tip - strewn with plastic and waste. Just another typically messy teenager who believes she is right and all the adults are to blame ... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Just the same old b***ks really. If we don’t agree with Greta or join her cult we all hate her and are attacking her. Change the record.

"Nobody has any substantive arguments to challenge what she says." - Poster you quoted is on my blocked list, but in regards this line, hasn't the IPCC challenged her on her 2030 timeline?? Are they deniers?? Even though Greta says listen to them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭SaintLeibowitz

No surprise that you support her, none at all ... :rolleyes:

Anyway, her puppet masters are using the fact that she is a child and has autism (allegedly) to silence any criticism - she is never challenged publicly, anyone that does is just labelled a sick bastard for attacking "a poor autistic defenseless child"

It's a great method.

Well there we have it folks. Greta (allegedly) has autism. Our local sleuth asking the hard questions.

• Advertisement

Nobody has any substantive arguments to challenge what she says.The most anyone can come up with is claiming hypocrisy - that doesn't challenge anything she says though (it's an attack on her, not what she says), and even the claim of hypocrisy is false when it's the structure of our economic system causing climate change, and Greta's participation in that system is not optional - the only option is to change it from within.All of the posters attacking Greta, (coincidentaly I'm sure...) all attack the major plans that would arrest our contribution to climate change quickly.

A pretty speech ;) Yet plenty of posters have torn holes in gretas doomsdayism already and in the spirit of the thread most often with just a little tongue in cheek humour. Ahh I presume you must have missed all those posts! Tbh most of what she says are simple histronics so no need of any 'substantive' anything tbh to point that out - but hey whose arguing!

I see the old 'if you dont agree - you are hater and a denier' lol. A singular lack of logic rising its little old head from it's own rear end again. Ah well good to know we are not making progress anyway :D

gozunda wrote: »
    Unfortunately St greta aint too positive at all - she reckons civilisation is going tits up in a decade plus a couple of exact days and months. Maybe that's why the car is a complete tip - strewn with plastic and waste. Just another typically messy teenager who believes she is right and all the adults are to blame :D

Right on cue ha

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Right on cue ha

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You agree! Shrugman looks happy to have an ally! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯!

You agree!
    Lol
    I do? To what exactly

Well there we have it folks. Greta (allegedly) has autism. Our local sleuth asking the hard questions.

Aspergers, sorry, but the point remains, it's something they use to not allow any critical questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭SaintLeibowitz

Aspergers, sorry, but the point remains, it's something they use to not allow any critical questions.

Allegedly has autism. That's what you wrote.

Absolute cringe.

Allegedly has autism. That's what you wrote.

Absolute cringe.

You're just desperate now..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

I think the only provable fact is humans are having a massive impact on the planet, whatever about the climate. The lefty organisations are only focussed on increasing population not decreasing it. No one menions it.
    Even the greens want to double our population. There is no fix with that mentality

• Registered Users Posts: 21,710 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I think the only provable fact is humans are having a massive impact on the planet, whatever about the climate. The lefty organisations are only focussed on increasing population not decreasing it. No one menions it.
    Even the greens want to double our population. There is no fix with that mentality

A - Can you provide a link to where the Greens said they want to double our population. (Not where they said, they think it'll double, where they say they 'want' it to double as that is what you've said here.

B - How would you propose decreasing the population?

C - Can you see any issues with implementing such a plan?

D - Which do you think society would rather do, use materials efficiently, enforce control on humans desire to procreate?

She's talking about putting people up against the wall on the news there now..

• Advertisement

She's talking about putting people up against the wall on the news there now..

Wha? To shoot them? Lol. She can put as many people against the wall, stomp her feet and throw a tantrum all day long but unfortunately for her my transatlantic flights are all booked for 2020, sorry Greta.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Again she's another elitist driving around in a ****ing TESLA for ****s sake!!
    How much is a Tesla ? 80k ???

Do as we SAY!!!

NOT AS WE DO!!

It’s a loner and an EV, so ticks all the sustainable boxes for touring the US and Canada.

alastair wrote: »
    It’s a loner and an EV, so ticks all the sustainable boxes for touring the US and Canada.

Took a spin in a Tesla, brilliant car, unbelievable fast! Definately on my future list of cars.

A - Can you provide a link to where the Greens said they want to double our population. (Not where they said, they think it'll double, where they say they 'want' it to double as that is what you've said here.

D - Which do you think society would rather do, use materials efficiently, enforce control on humans desire to procreate?

I didn’t hear anything about the Greens proposing that. I can answer B and C though

B- Compulsory castration.

C- Could be quite Painful.

I have no intention of proposing a workable solution - same as everyone else.
    Greens said that Ireland can easily house 10 million and have proposed we take in refugees to at least in part make up that number => they want it.
    http://www.thetricolour.com/Articles/183/politics/Eamon-Ryan-TD-we-need-to-bring-in-people-as-refugees-and-become-island-of-10-million/l4468782/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

https://www.greenparty.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Green-Party-Asylum-Policy.pdf
    The Greens also believe that Ireland has an obligation to take in more Asylum Seekers than is2currently proposed by the Government as we are one of the top 15 richest countries in the world .
    The Green Party believes that Ireland has the capability and the responsibility to resettle and relocate more refugees than the current proposal of 4,00042.

They actively want to take in more migrants, nobody has used the word double but the green party want to bring in more migrants and bolster up social welfare rates and expedite immigration processes which encourage more migrants to come in.

https://www.greenparty.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Green-Party-Asylum-Policy.pdf

They actively want to take in more migrants, nobody has used the word double but the green party want to bring in more migrants and bolster up social welfare rates and expedite immigration processes which encourage more migrants to come in.

They also want to bring back wolves. Hillarious lot ...

They also want to bring back wolves. Hillarious lot ...
    Was this the same crowd that said we have to move to one car villages?
    Morons
    I mean the Healy-Ray look sensible in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I have no intention of proposing a workable solution - same as everyone else.
    Greens said that Ireland can easily house 10 million and have proposed we take in refugees to at least in part make up that number => they want it.
    http://www.thetricolour.com/Articles/183/politics/Eamon-Ryan-TD-we-need-to-bring-in-people-as-refugees-and-become-island-of-10-million/l4468782/
    Yeah given London houses over ten million. The Netherlands near twenty , I think , theoretically we could House ten million ...

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Yeah given London houses over ten million. The Netherlands near twenty , I think , theoretically we could House ten million ...

We cant house the people here already...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement