Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,707 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Micky 32 wrote: »
    The poor result of the summit seems to suggest otherwise.

I would suggest that it is at least significantly because of Greta's efforts over the last 12 months or so that the summit can be viewed as having a poor result.

Many people now realise that previous efforts/promises were inadequate and so, when pressure comes on to make meaningful targets, there is push back to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I would suggest that it is at least significantly because of Greta's efforts over the last 12 months or so that the summit can be viewed as having a poor result.

Many people now realise that previous efforts/promises were inadequate and so, when pressure comes on to make meaningful targets, there is push back to this.

You know what it’s great that the summit had a poor result. It just shows that not everyone falls for the brainwashing.

You know what it’s great that the summit had a poor result. It just shows that not everyone falls for the brainwashing.

So, I take it that it is your view that there is not an issue with human activities negatively impacting the environment and, as a consequence, the climate of the planet?

So, I take it that it is your view that there is not an issue with human activities negatively impacting the environment and, as a consequence, the climate of the planet?

Of course there is. But how much is the question. Like i said i don’t care. So keep replying to my posts and i’ll keep reminding you of that.

But like i said i’ll welcome alternatives.

Of course there is. But how much is the question. Like i said i don’t care. So keep replying to my posts and i’ll keep reminding you of that.

But like i said i’ll welcome alternatives.

At least I'm posting on a thread about something I do care about.

Must have some exciting life to come in here for entertainment while not caring about the topic.
    I suppose it ties in with Gozunda viewing it as a humorous thread and as a consequence posting nothing but laughable posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tuisceanch

Why isn't there a thread dedicated to COP25? Or is there and I just missed it?If ever there was a serious current affair topic to discuss then that surely has to be near the top of the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Tuisceanch wrote: »
    There's a newspaper report as well! How did the horse come into it? Was it on the train telling people to listen to the science? Is that why Greta didn't have a seat? If the horse is concerned should we be? So many questions.The posts go by so fast it's hard to keep track of all the different dimensions to this propaganda statement. I have to hand it to you guys. You've certainly got a handle on the nuances of social media. I need to have a look at this Twitter thing.

Actually I just googled that story. It was certainly picked up quickly by mainstream media.

More fictional stories :pac: I love it! But maybe put down the electronics and take a stroll. Some can get so excited over things like autocorrect. You can read that as 'friilies' if that helps ok hun?

Tbh I think some are just a little over tired by all the hot air and general snowflakery. It must be the cold weather or something. But no worries. We all understand.

Dont do twitter. So can't help you there ;)

Newsfeed apps are very good - means you don't have to 'Google' the news (so old hat tbh)

At least I'm posting on a thread about something I do care about.

Must have some exciting life to come in here for entertainment while not caring about the topic.
    I suppose it ties in with Gozunda viewing it as a humorous thread and as a consequence posting nothing but laughable posts.

So how are my posts laughable? I’m just being honest. It ties in with if you’re not in the cult you’re a hater, denier, laughable posts blah blah blah

But like i said if there are alternatives great, i’ll go with it. So what’s the problem?

Why isn't there a thread dedicated to COP25? Or is there and I just missed it?If ever there was a serious current affair topic to discuss then that surely has to be near the top of the list!

A thread like that would probably upset all the so called activists due to how it went.

Partly I'd say because it would be the same content as posted here.

Poster A - There's a problem
    Poster B - No there isn't.
    Poster A - 95%+ of scientists say there is
    Poster B - My grand dad said that in 1934, he went to Mass on Christmas day in short sleeves, there's always been warm years.
    Poster C - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Advertisement

Partly I'd say because it would be the same content as posted here.

Poster A - There's a problem
    Poster B - No there isn't.
    Poster A - 95%+ of scientists say there is
    Poster B - My grand dad said that in 1934, he went to Mass on Christmas day in short sleeves, there's always been warm years.
    Poster C - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well to be fair on Poster B, i do constantly hear idiots 15 year olds from ER claiming irish weather has got so much volatile hurricanes blah blah

I’m 50 next year and total BS. The weather has been like this in Ireland as far as i can remember, in fact they were worse some years ago more frequent but lately not so much.

At least I'm posting on a thread about something I do care about. Must have some exciting life to come in here for entertainment while not caring about the topic. I suppose it ties in with Gozunda viewing it as a humorous thread and as a consequence posting nothing but laughable posts.

Ah name dropping again lol. Do my comments really mean do much. Awwe thanks!

But 'Tell me how' - this is a humourous thread about gretas revels across the world. See the thread title. Oh and yes thats as set out by the OP and confirmed by Mr E when someone strangely enough tried to complain about a number of the humourous posts posted in the thread!

But you are correct on one thing - its laughable we have a few getting into a frenzy when greta isn't being constantly adored or worshipped. Though to think about it- also a bit odd really.

That's a really good idea. A dedicated thread about that kind of thing would certainly be ideal. I wonder why no one here has thought of that?

gozunda wrote: »
    More fictional stories :pac: I love it! But maybe put down the electronics and take a stroll. Some can get so excited over things like autocorrect. You can read that as 'friilies' if that helps ok hun?

Tbh I think some are just a little over tired by all the hot air and general snowflakery. It must be the cold weather or something. But no worries. We all understand.

Dont do twitter. So can't help you there ;)

Newsfeed apps are very good - means you don't have to 'Google' the news (so old hat tbh)

Somebody mentioned a horse during the posting so I thought you were making a joke. Not sure what you're getting offended about. I don't know about you but the fact that such a trivial story is picked up by major outlets is proof of the point I was making. It's not actually made up. You do know about dark pools don't you? You seem like an ok bloke in fairness but despite your assistance on your light-hearted approach to this thread you do seem easily triggered and argumentative.

Somebody mentioned a horse during the posting so I thought you were making a joke. Not sure what you're getting offended about. I don't know about you but the fact that such a trivial story is picked up by major outlets is proof of the point I was making. It's not actually made up. You do know about dark pools don't you? You seem like an ok bloke in fairness but despite your assistance on your light-hearted approach to this thread you do seem easily triggered and argumentative.

From the horses mouth eh?

Not offended a bit my friend. My autocorrect is a bit of a tyrant - randomly grabs words and if I'm not careful I could end up posting things like 'fillies and worse'. :D I know you like the odd bait which you mentioned in a previous post. But yeah It's all taken with a shovelful of salt. But no if you reckon I'm offended - I think the diagnosis of 'easily triggered and argumentative' may rather be a little bit of a self diagnosis on your part. But no hard feelings. It's just a discussion on yet another rather hilarious thread ;)

Well to be fair on Poster B, i do constantly hear idiots 15 year olds from ER claiming irish weather has got so much volatile hurricanes blah blah

I’m 50 next year and total BS. The weather has been like this in Ireland as far as i can remember, in fact they worse some years ago more frequent lately not so much.

Will you ring Met Eireann and tell them that they are wrong to suggest that there is an issue.
    Speaking before the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Climate Action, the director of the national forecaster Eoin Moran said that climate change has become the new reality as the world warms to levels not seen over the last 125,000 years.

The last four years were the warmest on record on a global average, he said, with 2018 more than 0.4°C warmer than the average temperature from 1981-2010.

The “continuing rapid and record rise” in man-made emissions is now impacting global weather patterns that Mr Moran warned is impacting the lies of the Asian monsoon season, the behaviour of the jet stream, and the intensity and frequency of heatwaves, droughts and flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,429 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Serious threads about climate change tend to fizzle out because serious people agree that climate change is real. Threads like this lumber on because people can pretend it’s not serious and avoid any scrutiny of their ludicrous assumptions

Ah name dropping again lol. Do my comments really mean do much. Awwe thanks!

But 'Tell me how' - this is a humourous thread about gretas revels across the world. See the thread title. Oh and yes thats as set out by the OP and confirmed by Mr E when someone strangely enough tried to complain about a number of the humourous posts posted in the thread!

But you are correct on one thing - its laughable we have a few getting into a frenzy when greta isn't being constantly adored or worshipped. Though to think about it- also a bit odd really.

That's a really good idea. A dedicated thread about that kind of thing would certainly be ideal. I wonder why no one here has thought of that?

That record is stuck. Keeps repeating and making no sense. Not even funny either despite the repeated confirmations that you are attempting to be so.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,429 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

But you don’t care about climate change so how can you tell the difference between legitimate scientific findings and ‘brainwashing’

Will you ring Met Eireann and tell them that they are wrong to suggest that there is an issue.

Speaking before the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Climate Action, the director of the national forecaster Eoin Moran said that climate change has become the new reality as the world warms to levels not seen over the last 125,000 years.

The last four years were the warmest on record on a global average, he said, with 2018 more than 0.4°C warmer than the average temperature from 1981-2010.

The “continuing rapid and record rise” in man-made emissions is now impacting global weather patterns that Mr Moran warned is impacting the lies of the Asian monsoon season, the behaviour of the jet stream, and the intensity and frequency of heatwaves, droughts and flooding.

Are you sure you transcribed that properly? Who is telling lies about the Asian Monsoon season? Goodness gracious me - this is getting serious. Not just deniers but liers as well!

Do you have a met eireann source for these lies?

You can qoute what you want. I live in Ireland and i can tell you now there is no noticable weather pattern. You live in the states. We have lots of rain, wind and the periodic heatwave.

• Advertisement

Akrasia wrote: »
    But you don’t care about climate change so how can you tell the difference between legitimate scientific findings and ‘brainwashing’

Yes you’re right i don’t care. You don’t need to be a genius about the brainwashing, what 12 years to the apocalypse lol

Akrasia wrote: »
    Serious threads about climate change tend to fizzle out because serious people agree that climate change is real. Threads like this lumber on because people can pretend it’s not serious and avoid any scrutiny of their ludicrous assumptions

Yes I know what you mean. I started a thread in the 'Anthropology, Sociology & Culture' figuring it wouldn't attract that sort of attention and low and behold the first response was somebody calling climate science a fairy tale and that it didn't use the scientific method and that I should believe him because he said so. That was,with no exaggeration,the extent of his argument. You would think it would be possible to have a grown up conversation with some intellectual content somewhere on this platform.

You can qoute what you want. I live in Ireland and i can tell you now there is no noticable weather pattern. You live in the states.

Good point. Theoretically I do wonder why anyone not actually living here and not having to put up our ever changing and often miserable weather would be bothered by what those who do live here do or do not think or believe or indeed whether we find this greta crack all a bit well funny frankly? It's a bit odd no? I reckon the United States has much bigger issues with their weather than we will ever have. I don't envy them tbh.

Yes I know what you mean. I started a thread in the 'Anthropology, Sociology & Culture' figuring it wouldn't attract that sort of attention and low and behold the first response was somebody calling climate science a fairy tale and that it didn't use the scientific method and that I should believe him because he said so. That was,with no exaggeration,the extent of his argument. You would think it would be possible to have a grown up conversation with some intellectual content somewhere on this platform.

Are you saying i’m not all grown up because i differ from your views? Lol

Good point. Theoretically I do wonder why anyone not actually living here and not having to put up our ever changing miserable weather would be bothered by what those who do live here do or do not think or believe or indeed whether we find this greta crack all a bit well funny frankly? It's a bit odd no?

It’s coming to personal attacks now because we don’t agree with the cult. We can’t have grown up discussions now because our views are different lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Are you saying i’m not all grown up because i differ from your views?

Ask them if they'll meet you round the back of the bicycle shed.

Ask them if they'll meet you round the back of the bicycle shed.

I think he may got it the wrong way around ;-)

Are you saying i’m not all grown up because i differ from your views?

I was neither talking about you or to you. I was having a private conversation with another poster. No idea why you just butted in so I went to check if it was you I was referring too and no it wasn't so you can stand down soldier.

I was neither talking about you or to you. I was having a private conversation with another poster. No idea why you just butted in so I went to check if it was you i was referring too and no it wasn't so you can stand down soldier.

You were directing at all the posters on here that aren’t brainwashed. Ah sorry did i butt in on your all grown up conversation?

• Advertisement

Good point. Theoretically I do wonder why anyone not actually living here and not having to put up our ever changing and often miserable weather would be bothered by what those who do live here do or do not think or believe or indeed whether we find this greta crack all a bit well funny frankly? It's a bit odd no? I reckon the United States has much bigger issues with their weather than we will ever have. I don't envy them tbh.

Repeated for those either not paying attention, or unable to remember, I've spent 40 years in Ireland and one in US.

But, seeing as you flagged concerns in relation to US weather, maybe someone planning on retiring here would be more concerned about the climate than they appear to be. You might frighten them in to changing their mind! Or was that one of your jokes? It's as funny as the rest of them, to be fair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement