Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

That record is stuck. Keeps repeating and making no sense. Not even funny either despite the repeated confirmations that you are attempting to be so.

Well agreed you do keep repeating the same stuff for sure. If you move from vinyl to mp3 - that should help ;)

But yes - there some seriously hilarious posters on this thread that really deserve a gold comedy award for sure. Sure I wouldnt be in that league at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,707 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

gozunda wrote: »
    Well agreed you do keep repeating the same stuff for sure. If you move from vinyl to mp3 - that should help ;)

But yes - there some seriously hillariius posters on this thread that really deserve a gold comedy award for sure. Sure I wouldnt be in that league at all...

Most definitely.

Repeated for those either not paying attention, or unable to remember, I've spent 40 years in Ireland and one in US.But, seeing as you flagged concerns in relation to US weather, maybe someone planning on retiring here would be more concerned about the climate than they appear to be. You might frighten them in to changing their mind! Or was that one of your jokes? It's as funny as the rest of them, to be fair.

No just wondered how those in the US see Ireland and whether most of them give us any thought whatsoever. If it was I'd be more concerned about flying backwards and forwards to the states and all those carbon emissions and the carbon footprint of the average person in the US rather than giving out to the folks back home. But that's just me. Also Ireland could be completely submerged by that point in time. We might not be here at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Repeated for those either not paying attention,

I had to repeat myself to you a few times due to not paying attention.

No just wondered how those in the US see Ireland and whether most of them give us any thought whatsoever. If it was I'd be more concerned about flying backwards and forwards to the states and all those carbon emissions and the carbon footprint of the average person in the US rather than giving out to the folks back home. But that's just me. Also Ireland could be completely submerged by that point in time. We might not be here at all!

Micky32. This ones for you given you fly to the states 3 times a year.

• Advertisement

Mostly 2, but this year it’s 3 ;-)

. Also Ireland could be completely submerged by that point in time. We might not be here at all!
    According to scientists 30 years ago , we all should have drownded by now. Lol

Nope. Mickeys not preaching at all and sundry. That's the difference.

Micky 32 wrote: »

According to Doctors in the 50's, cigarettes were good for you...
    Knowledge improves as techniques emerge with both technology and studies carried out.

Nope. Mickeys not preaching at all and sundry. That's the difference.

Says the person bleating on about it being a humorous thread....

• Advertisement

I know - I was reading a list of some of the previous doomsday scenarios not long ago which were practically set in stone. :D

According to Doctors in the 50's, cigarettes were good for you...
    Knowledge improves as techniques emerge with both technology and studies carried out.

Yes but the smokers did die. However the scientists that predicted the areas that were supposed be under water isn’t. Not really a good comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,429 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Yes you’re right i don’t care. You don’t need to be a genius about the brainwashing, what 12 years to the apocalypse lol

If you have no interest in something you cannot tell real from fake. It’s almost definitional

Yes but the smokers did die. However the scientists that predicted the areas that were supposed be under water isn’t. Not really a good comparison.

Sure, go that route, if you wish.

How about this from 1982.
    As far back as 1982 – 37 years ago – scientists working for oil and gas giant Exxon expertly predicted the shape of climate change to come.

With chilling, unnerving prescience, they foretold the very future of human-made global warming and plotted its calculable trajectory. Then, they buried it.

Akrasia wrote: »
    If you have no interest in something you cannot tell real from fake. It’s almost definitional

What a load of nonsense lol

Sure, go that route, if you wish.

How about this from 1982.

It’s just the same s***t you’re posting. Sure I could copy and paste the scientists predictions that never happened.

What a load of nonsense lol

Tell us how it is nonsense.

You have admitted you don't care about the climate issue.
    You have demonstrated your unawareness in relation to this (option of using refillable container over plastic bottles seemed new to you).
    So, it seems unlikely that you have researched the topic to become informed.

gozunda wrote:
    Well agreed you do keep repeating the same stuff for sure. If you move from vinyl to mp3 - that should help 

But yes - there some seriously hilarious posters on this thread that really deserve a gold comedy award for sure. Sure I wouldnt be in that league at all...

Most definitely.

Yup There are others much more qualified lol.
    Says the person bleating on about it being a humorous thread....

Well some are a bit obsessed about anyone having a laugh - no doubt there. How many times have posters had to explain what the threads about?

But no worries. Well done....

Gretas Great Comedy awards thataway =>

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tuisceanch

You were directing at all the posters on here that aren’t brainwashed. Ah sorry did i butt in on your all grown up conversation?

What do you also think climate scientists don't employ the scientific method? If that's what you believe well good for you but that's a short discussion. You're saying that all posters who agree with that point of view represent those who aren't brainwashed by whatever it is you're referring to. Did you survey them beforehand before making your assertion?

In answer to your question ..yes but no worries you probably just got a little over excited and thought everybody was taking an interest in your conversations. I can assure you I have no interest in your current conversation.

Tuisceanch wrote: »
    What do you also think climate scientists don't employ the scientific method? If that's what you believe well good for you but that's a short discussion. You're saying that all posters who agree with that point of view represent those who aren't brainwashed by whatever it is you're referring to. Did you survey them beforehand before making your assertion?

In answer to your question ..yes but no worries you probably just got a little over excited and thought everybody was taking an interest in your conversations. I can assure you I have no interest in your current conversation.

Nor do i have an interest in yours . But i’ll refresh your memory i don’t care so reply to someone else.

• Advertisement

Tell us how it is nonsense.

You have admitted you don't care about the climate issue.
    You have demonstrated your unawareness in relation to this (option of using refillable container over plastic bottles seemed new to you).
    So, it seems unlikely that you have researched the topic to become informed.

Lol you keep bringing up those bottles like the ones in Greta’s car lol. Once again i’m quite aware of the climate changing but don’t care. So get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,429 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Where is your source for this because I strongly suspect that you are remembering what you are being led to remember by people who want you to oppose action on climate change

It's telling that the Greta detractors on this thread are at pains to point out that one or more of the following applies to them, they have no interest in the topic, they do not believe there is a problem, they cannot offer any solutions but are still highly motivated to take part in the discussion.

I have to say, it comes across as some sort of a neediness to remain involved with so little to offer by their own admission.

Akrasia wrote: »
    Where is your source for this because I strongly suspect that you are remembering what you are being led to remember by people who want you to oppose action on climate change

I was actually joking about Ireland being under water for a bit of humour.. But do a google search and scientists years ago did predict areas underwater that thankfully never happened.

Nor do i have an interest in yours . But i’ll refresh your memory i don’t care so reply to someone else.

Well you did because that's why you butted in. You're mixing me up with another poster because we haven't talked before so you can't be refreshing my memory about anything. You seem very angry about something? Are you sure a thread in a forum discussing a current affair is where you're meant to be?

It's telling that the Greta worshippers on this thread are at pains to point out that one or more of the following applies to them, they have no interest in the thread topic, they do not believe there is a problem with greta and alarmism , they do not know what tongue in cheek humour is but are still highly motivated to take part in the discussion.

I have to say, it comes across as some sort of a neediness to remain involved with so little to offer by their own admission.

FYP :D

Well you did because that's why you butted in. You're mixing me up with another poster because we haven't talked before so you can't be refreshing my memory about anything. You seem very angry about something? Are you sure a thread in a forum discussing a current affair is where you're meant to be?

I am not a bit angry in the slightest. Life is great at the moment.
    My reply was directed at you because if you had read the thread you would have known i don’t care hence why i was refreshing your memory.

It's telling that the Greta detractors on this thread are at pains to point out that one or more of the following applies to them, they have no interest in the topic, they do not believe there is a problem, they cannot offer any solutions but are still highly motivated to take part in the discussion.

Well why do you keep replying to me then? Maybe that’s neediness if you feel compelled to reply to my little to offer replies.

I am not a bit angry in the slightest. Life is great at the moment.
    My reply was directed at you because if you had read the thread you would have known i don’t care hence why i was refreshing your memory.

You don't care so much about anything that you needed to respond to a post that didn't concern you in the slightest to tell me that you're not interested and don't care. Why? That seems quite mad to be honest.

• Advertisement

You don't care so much about anything that you needed to respond to a post that didn't concern you in the slightest to tell me that you're not interested and don't care. Why? That seems quite mad to be honest.

Ah right i get you, because i’m not interested in the climate change doomsday i’m not entitled to post here?

It did concern me because you implied people who don’t care are immature etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement