Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,429 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Nor do i have an interest in yours . But i’ll refresh your memory i don’t care so reply to someone else.

Willful ignorance, a truly marvelous specimen

• Registered Users Posts: 15,688 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

gozunda wrote: »
    Don't see the spin tbh. I see a reaction to a story that doesn't stand up to scrutiny. And on social media - thats going to happen regardless of anyones opinions on gretas 'message'. Which I'm not convinced is working tbh. But no matter.

Please please please read her book then you will be a lot clearer on her message

She is not doing this for a tilt at fame

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Sorry no idea on Louise actually. Let's hope it doesn't come to that anyway. Should never.

Lol I didn't either. I had to look her up when you mentioned her in your comment above. But yeah seems shes a public figure who didn't like the way twitter worked so signed off. Dont do twitter myself....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Please please please read her book then you will be a lot clearer on her message

She is not doing this for a tilt at fame

Is it this one? : No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference

If so I'll add it to my list

Is it this one? : No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference

If so I'll add it to my list

That’s it.

• Advertisement

Lol I didn't either. I had to look her up when you mentioned her in your comment above. But yeah seems shes a public figure who didn't like the way twitter worked so signed off. Dont do twitter myself....

Ah interesting, wouldn't mind reading about it if you could link it.

I twitter, great if used well, but don't follow her.

Apologise to you ? Lmao. Get off that high horse before you fall off and cause yourself an injury.

If you were paying attention to my posts you would see i never said it was me you were talking about but your comments were directed at the “ deniers “ and “haters” on the thread so my presumption stands.

So keep waffling on...
    Why would anyone pay attention to your posts?
    You have absolutely nothing of interest to say on this topic

Akrasia wrote: »
    Why would anyone pay attention to your posts?
    You have absolutely nothing of interest to say on this topic

Your quoting of the mickster brings him back into the lives of the ignorers :)

She had a first class seat, in the picture she is clearly implying she sat on the floor for the duration of the journey..The initial tweet was artificially constructed to portray a certain image.

Serious own goal by her PR team, and fair play to DB for calling her our

Anyways it's all opinion on this one. I think her PR team have made a mistake. Note in the follow up she/they never mention DB.
    If you were on a train and you had to sit on the floor for 4 hours because there were no seats, would you describe that train as overcrowded?

Don’t think too hard before answering, you might hurt yourself

So overcrowded that there wasn’t a single other soul in the corridor that Gertie found herself sitting in.
    Who took the picture then?

• Advertisement

Ppl would do well to focus on the message that GT focuses on

And not who took a pic of her in a train.

I’d suggest a passer by took the pic but it matters little in the big scheme of things.

Priorities people !!

Ppl would do well to focus on the message that GT focuses on And not who took a pic of her in a train. I’d suggest a passer by took the pic but it matters little in the big scheme of things.
    Priorities people !!

Well to be fair this is a thread about gretas travels so ...

I could be wrong but the photo was included with the original tweet from 'Greta'...so one of her group / team perhaps?

Well yo be fair this is a thread about gretas travels so ...

I could be wrong but the photo was included with the original tweet from 'Greta'...so one of her group / team perhaps?

she asked a passer by to take the pic then she tweeted it. Not that it matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

So team Greta spun a story to make something look worse than it actually is? i'm shocked.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Just saw a weird comment about putting politicians against the wall- does this mean she wants to shoot them? I'm sure there are lots of people who would appreciate and approve of the sentiment- extreme though it sounds. Well, I suppose more peaceful protesting has run its course- she probably feels its time to ratchet things up a notch? Its one way of keeping in the limelight, if things are calming down a bit more than she anticipated...…….

It’s great how there’s so much interest in GT and her message on boards.

I knew she was effective in communication but this is a sign of how much her green message is “being heard” by society.

Just saw a weird comment about putting politicians against the wall- does this mean she wants to shoot them? .

Think it was one of those misunderstandings due to being able to speak multiple languages.

she asked a passer by to take the pic then she tweeted it. Not that it matters.

Where you see that? I presume the tweet / photo mattered to her - otherwise why would she post it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Willful ignorance, a truly marvelous specimen

Yeah a bit like some of your climate change buddies on here getting pissed and spouting personal insults. Got a good laugh out of it though, shows how pathetic someone is.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Think it was one of those misunderstandings due to being able to speak multiple languages.

Sounds plausible though- it would represent taking her campaign in a new direction- but if its fizzling out- after the excuse of a UN declaration- perhaps ratcheting things up a notch- or even threatening to- will keep her in the news? I'm sure it would be explained away as a misunderstanding if anyone actually followed through on it- or indeed, if they were caught, they'd have a new martyr? Not that it would be likely to be followed through on anyway- I'm sure politicians get threats every day of the week, a 16 year old Swedish girl threatening them should be water off a ducks back...……..

• Advertisement

I know you can find all kinds of ludicrous claims and claims about claims on google. I asked for your source because I want to know if you’re getting your information from somewhere reliable or from an echo chamber

That goes for anything especially your neurotic doomsday prophecies.

It’s common knowledge scientist some years back were spouting bs about everywhere being submerged.

Sounds plausible ..

Yup and seems to be confirmed by other Swedish speakers.

The trials of speaking more than one language, unfortunately, I don't have those problems haha

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tuisceanch

Yeah a bit like some of your climate change buddies on here getting pissed and spouting personal insults. Got a good laugh out of it though

You really don't learn do you? You need to grow up and stop resorting to defamation since I don't drink. I revise my offer of a draw, done so as to spare your apparently fragile ego, and now rather state the truth instead..you were crushed by your own inability to construct a coherent argument, which is not surprising because you don't have one, so why you are here annoying and harassing people when you keep stating you don't care about climate change is a mystery. We can speculate even though you're not as interesting as you might think. The problem really it seems is that nobody with more than one brain cell cared about your stupid nasty video and you were so desperate to get people to discuss it because you want to be the center of attention. You should perhaps get advice from the 16 year old,you're so keen to defame, about effective messaging as she could teach you a lot. Sad but true.

Tuisceanch wrote: »
    You really don't learn do you? You need to grow up and stop resorting to defamation since I don't drink. I revise my offer of a draw done so as to spare your apparently fragile ego and now rather state the truth instead..you were crushed by your own inability to construct a coherent argument, which is not surprising because you don't have one, so why you are here annoying and harassing people when you keep stating don't care about climate change is a mystery. We can speculate but since you're not as interesting as you might think, The problem really it seems is that nobody with more than one brain cell cared about your stupid nasty video and you were so desperate to get people to discuss it because you want to be the center of attention. You should perhaps get advice from the 16 year old about effective messaging from the the 16th year girl you're so keen to defame as she could teach you a lot. Sad but true.

Ah that’s why your upset. I guess that video i posted exposing Greta for who she really is upset you. Read the thread because a lot of people on here were interested in that hypocrite video.

By the way i’m not harrassing people i’m simply replying to people like you who harass me with tantrums that don’t respect my decision because i chose to not care about climate change. The best thing you then come up with is “ i have no argument” i don’t need one, i don’t care. Your suggestion i needed a behaviour therapist is defamation too.

If you don’t like my post/replies simply don’t reply to me .

You carry on eating your twigs and berries and i’ll carry on eating steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

If you were on a train and you had to sit on the floor for 4 hours because there were no seats, would you describe that train as overcrowded?

Don’t think too hard before answering, you might hurt yourself

Shouldn’t she be delighted that the train was overcrowded? What was the point of her stunt?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tuisceanch

Ah that’s why your upset. I guess that video i posted exposing Greta for who she really is upset you. Read the thread because a lot of people on here were interested in that hypocrite video.

By the way i’m not harrassing people i’m simply replying to people like you who harass me with tantrums and don’t respect my decision and chose to not care about climate change.

If you don’t like my post/replies simply don’t reply to me .

You carry on eating your twigs and berries and i’ll carry on eating steak.

They think you're a joke mate and they're just showing you up and you willingly oblige. Not caring about a subject but insisting on being heard anyway is not rational in anyone's book. Can you go away now as I've far more interesting things to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

The 100 passengers standing behind the camera.

Tuisceanch wrote: »
    They think you're a joke mate and they're just showing you up and you willingly oblige. Not caring about a subject but insisting on being heard anyway is not rational in anyone's book. Can you go away now as I've far more interesting things to do.

Lol do you really think i care about the doomsday predictors on here thinking i’m a joke? Ah i see so because one doesn’t care about something they aren’t allowed an opinion on it? I think you need to learn a few things.

That’s funny i was going to ask you go away too.

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Shouldn’t she be delighted that the train was overcrowded? What was the point of her stunt?

More brainwashing i suspect.

• Advertisement

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Shouldn’t she be delighted that the train was overcrowded?

Yep. And she has said she is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement