Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,707 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

gozunda wrote: »
    Interesting tweet that. I'd presume the entire school strike movement she refers to is also against going to school no?

Ok she said the wrong thing there but there was also gretas speech in Parliament Square in London where she called for 'civil disobedience' and for people there to 'rebel'. Rebellions and civil disobedience normally end up with people getting seriously hurt. Rabel rousing generally not a good idea imo..

Well, according to Google.
    Civil disobedience is the active, professed refusal of a citizen to obey certain laws, demands, orders or commands of a government. By some definitions, civil disobedience has to be nonviolent to be called 'civil'. Hence, civil disobedience is sometimes equated with peaceful protests or nonviolent resistance.

But, back in the day, I'm sure opponents of Martin Luther King and Gandhi would have similarly tried to spin the narrative that they were inciting violence.

It is interesting how yourself and others suggest repeatedly that she is a 16 year old girl, no one listens to what she has to say, but often then go on to focus on what she has said to try to make a point. Pick a lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Gotta laugh at people being proud of being stuck in the past.

I mean, there's needs must, but then there's this. Guess that's some of the humour Gozunda is crying out for.

Well I'm glad your laughing at something :rolleyes:

Also funny again you dont even quote me but you just cant help yourself name calling and getting old digs in lol. Look we get it - some don't like humour and the only reason being here is to play the roll of white knight to princess greta etc etc. Again no substantive argument with your comment but hey ...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, according to Google.But, back in the day, I'm sure opponents of Martin Luther King and Gandhi would have similarly tried to spin the narrative that they were inciting violence.

It is interesting how yourself and others suggest repeatedly that she is a 16 year old girl, no one listens to what she has to say, but often then go on to focus on what she has said to try to make a point. Pick a lane.

I did make it clear - it can lead to violence. But you must have missed that bit

Anyone can talk away still doesn't mean someone is saying anything relevant - bit like gretas the London speech tbh

You're comparing our little old greta to Martin Luther King and Gandhi :D

Sure whatever....

Well I'm glad your laughing at something :rolleyes:

Also funny again you dont even quote me but you just cant help yourself name calling and getting old digs in lol. Look we get it - some don't like humour and the only reason being here is to play the roll of white knight to princess greta etc etc. Again no substantive argument with your comment but hey ...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is using your username 'name calling' now? I didn't realise it was offensive.
    Maybe you should have chosen a different one. Sorry for assisting you with calling out what you have been trying (and failing) to direct the thread towards.

No substantive argument? Oh, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

She's not rowing backwards. She's explaining why some misinterpreted it.

Don't know what relevance it has whether you read it in Italian or not.

Greta explains nothing all her so called writing is written by someone else, she have a Facebook page passed off as her page but it is managed by some man in India and her Twitter account is more than likely the same.

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Greta explains nothing all her so called writing is written by someone else, she have a Facebook page passed off as her page but it is managed by some man in India and her Twitter account is more than likely the same.

I disagree.
    I don't use Facebook but I think there is a consistency in tone and message on her Twitter so I believe it is her.

Hey, if Donald Trump, President of the US, has time to be on Twitter, pretty sure Greta can do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Gotta laugh at people being proud of being stuck in the past.

Once again you’re not paying attention to my posts, how many times do i have to keep telling you that?

As i have told you already, when the alternatives are there and available i will gladly use them.

Anyone can talk away still doesn't mean someone is saying anything relevant - bit like gretas the London speech tbh

Do you find what she is saying is relevant, or not?
    As I said, pick a lane.

You usually don't pivot so quickly.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Once again you’re not paying attention to my posts, how many times do i have to keep telling you that?

As i have told you already, when the alternatives are there available i will gladly use them.

You've said it yourself, you have nothing to offer here (and you were right about that), but, as long as you keep posting, others are entitled to respond.

I disagree.
    I don't use Facebook but I think there is a consistency in tone and message on her Twitter so I believe it is her.

Hey, if Donald Trump, President of the US, has time to be on Twitter, pretty sure Greta can do so.

Consistent, well if one person uses it then that would easily explain the consistency. She doesn’t post anything or answer any queries on her so called Facebook page.

Consistent, well if one person uses it then that would easily explain the consistency. She doesn’t post anything or answer any queries on her so called Facebook page.

So what relevance has it?

• Advertisement

You've said it yourself, you have nothing to offer here (and you were right about that), but, as long as you keep posting, others are entitled to respond.

And once again you’re twisting my posts , isn’t that something to offer? Pledging to use alternatives? How is that not something to offer? I never said no one is not entitled to respond, stop making things up. You’re clearly a spoofer.

So what relevance has it?

Why would you start a Facebook page just to put up posts?

And once again you’re twisting my posts , isn’t that something to offer? Pledging to use alternatives? How is that not something to offer? I never said no one is entitled to respond, stop making things up You’re a spoofer.

Pledging to use alternatives while tearing strips out of someone trying to advocate for the development of alternatives and repeatedly claiming you don't care about the issue.

Thank you for your service.
    I'm sure next years Time award is yours.

FFS.

Is using your username 'name calling' now? I didn't realise it was offensive. Maybe you should have chosen a different one. Sorry for assisting you with calling out what you have been trying (and failing) to direct the thread towards.
    No substantive argument? Oh, I know.

I suppose it is when constantly doing that whilst not even quoting a comment from me .

And previous:
    Guess that's some of the humour Gozunda is crying out for
    gozunda viewing it as a humorous thread and as a consequence posting nothing but laughable posts
    He took the lead from Gozunda in moving to more light hearted engagement
    Anything I have seen you post belongs more in Gozunda's category of 'a light hearted take' with a sinister twist maybe more so than something meaningful.

Again look we understand you dont get humour but all just a little a tad weird and obsessive no?

But you are right there you have no substantive argument. But no worries...

I thought you said she doesn't post anything on her FB page.....

Pledging to use alternatives while tearing strips out of someone trying to advocate for the development of alternatives and repeatedly claiming you don't care about the issue.

FFS.

Tearing strips out of who, show me where i did or shut up.

FFS.

You’re clearly without a doubt a drama queen.

Again look we understand you dont get humour but all just a little a tad weird and obsessive no?

But you are right there you have no substantive argument. But no worries...

Do you want me to quote all the times you've said it is a humorous thread? Given that everyone else is ignoring you on this, I've tried to help you.

'But no worries'........ Is that your new 'But there we are'

If you had no worries you wouldn't be in a tizzy about it.

You’re clearly without a doubt a drama queen.

Posted the above not 30 seconds after posting this.
    Tearing strips out of who, show me where i did or shut up.

Yeah, you are the epitome of cool, calm and collected.

Posted the above not 30 seconds after posting this.

Yeah, you are the epitome of cool, calm and collected.

It was a genuine request on who i tore strips out of, talking out your back end as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Her handlers do all her communication i'd imagine. She is quite uneasy when not speaking from script. Which is fine, that's their job.

I personally have no problem with her advocacy.

The only thing I have against her was her ludicrous speech at the UN talking about her "stolen childhood". It was the height of cringe incredulity. That irritated a lot of people for obvious reasons not least the question of whether or not they are even her own words.

It was a genuine request on who i tore strips out of, talking out your back end as usual.

My quote.

Question - Who are you tearing strips out of?
    Answer - Greta

Was it that hard to understand?

Do you want me to quote all the times you've said it is a humorous thread? Given that everyone else is ignoring you on this, I've tried to help you.
    'But no worries'........ Is that your new 'But there we are'If you had no worries you wouldn't be in a tizzy about it.

I suppose the best thing would be to ask yourself Is name calling a poster relevant or just having a dig like other comments? But hey as I said no worries - simply pointing out thats not playing the ball'. But then perhaps not new eh? :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

It was not just English language media who took up her comment as a suggestion that the politicians should be shot- her comment was interpreted in this manner across many different countries, in several different languages- not leastly English, the language the tweet appears to have been in.

If you're communicating in a language that is not your first tongue- and cognisant of the fact that she does have a team behind her- the very least that could be done is assuring that unintended meanings are ironed out before you hit send.

Its easy to suggest she is just a 16 or 17 year old girl and she will make mistakes- however, she is a figurehead with a team behind her- they should be watching out that stupid mistakes like this aren't made (unless, of course its deliberate- to get a few extra column inches, as things seem to have slowed down for them).

The Spanish conference- and the UN declaration- are acknowledged to have been complete and utter damp squibs- she needs something else to keep herself in the media spotlight- coming up with weird little threats like this- and then 'explaining' them away as some sort of lost in translation mistake- does that trick.

She needs to exercise more care- now that she has however many followers she has on social media- it only takes one to take her literally...…….

My quote.

Question - Who are you tearing strips out of?
    Answer - Greta

Was it that hard to understand?

That’s all in your paranoid deluded mind. I criticised her and disagreed about her, huge difference. Are you finding that hard to understand?

Aww are we still angry that i showed people on this thread Greta’s car? Ah bless....

Do you find what she is saying is relevant, or not?
    As I said, pick a lane. You usually don't pivot so quickly.

You see "Tell me how" again theres a need to quote posters properly and in context.

You said:

But you see I never ever said (or suggested)"no one listens to what she has to say" So yes that is complete bolloxs

I do focus on what greta has said when it does not stand up to scrutiny. Like her end of civilisation ideas and various other rantings.

But you making things up as to what posters say is not discussion. It's horse manure at best and frankly stupid .

I see we have more sports analogies thrown in for good measure- which is it this time "pick a lane' - bowling or car racing? Doesn't matter tbh just find it funny. Like the other ones from golf and what have you: oh and 'pivot' which you seem to like - even when it doesnt reflect anything said. But there we go again eh?

For all the greta supporters in your life. The perfect Christmas present ;)

gabby_greta_doll_cartoon-768x595.jpg

On a related note Charlie Hebdo seem to be having a field day with greta cartoons ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

She's not rowing backwards. She's explaining why some misinterpreted it.

If you’re explaining you’re losing.

For all the greta supporters in your life. The perfect Christmas present ;)

On a related note Charlie Hebdo seem to be having a field day with greta cartoons ...

Says it all when for some, the highlighting of the fact that people are dying, is a source of humour.

• Advertisement

Says it all when for some, the highlighting of the fact that people are dying, is a source of humour.

So when greta highlighted that 'people are dying' during her rant / tantrum at the UN it was ok? But a greta doll cartoon is not allowed to accurately portray greta saying that - really?

Interesting.

Heres another one. Oddly it reminds me of this thread a bit. Not sure why ....

3jml80.jpg

Translation.:

Is she always there?
    Yes she is always there!

I'm fairly confident that not everyone will get that one either ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement