Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Still waiting for your cost/benefit analysis.

Keep waiting. I'm trying to dumb it down even more. Shouldn't take long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Dick_Swiveller

Your comment is kind of typical of what I see from poor parents, oh little my little Johnny has autism, that’s why he’s so bold. When really it’s crap parenting. Then all you hear is YOU DONT UNDERSTAND AUTISM.

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Keep waiting. I'm trying to dumb it down even more. Shouldn't take long.

I wouldn’t expect anything else from you going by all your previous posts and your complete lack of coherent reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

Your comment is kind of typical of what I see from poor parents, oh little my little Johnny has autism, that’s why he’s so bold. When really it’s crap parenting. Then all you hear is YOU DONT UNDERSTAND AUTISM.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I’ll bring your insights to our January meeting as I work in this area. I’m sure the parents will be relieved to know too they’re just useless & there’s actually not a condition called autism at all, that’s very difficult to get diagnosed might I add.
    Oh and I’ll add in - some ill informed, ignorant boardsie decided it was ok to insult children & the parents who suffer with this condition. Would you insult children with other conditions in the same way? I am so sick of the stigma attached to ASD. It’s like an un mentionable topic. Greta has it - it’s part of her. People have it- it’s part of their lives. Get over yourself and be a better person.

Carol25 wrote: »
    That’s exactly how a child with ASD would react if they became consumed by the fixation/obsession to such a degree which does happen. Your ignorance towards people with autism/aespergers is showing, considering you feel qualified to pass such harsh judgement of her. Perhaps educate yourself on the condition you’re dealing with a little more.

you're not making a great case as to why people should be harangued into paying attention to the girl.

maybe her condition would be better managed bynot placing her as the focus of a slick, shadily-funded and tightly-managed publicity campaign.....oh

• Advertisement

I wouldn’t expect anything else from you going by all your previous posts and your complete lack of coherent reasoning.

Aw gosh. I've gone and upset you. Don't worry. Greta good, climate change bad. There now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Aw gosh. I've gone and upset you. Don't worry. Greta good, climate change bad. There now.

That’s your response for the cost/benefit analysis?

You really have outdone yourself. Maybe you could work it out with your crayons instead of eating them.

Carol25 wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. I’ll bring your insights to our January meeting as I work in this area. I’m sure the parents will be relieved to know too they’re just useless & there’s actually not a condition called autism at all, that’s very difficult to get diagnosed might I add.
    Oh and I’ll add in - some ill informed, ignorant boardsie decided it was ok to insult children & the parents who suffer with this condition. Would you insult children with other conditions in the same way? I am so sick of the stigma attached to ASD. It’s like an un mentionable topic. Greta has it - it’s part of her. People have it- it’s part of their lives. Get over yourself and be a better person.

Indeed, she is very high functioning. Almost savant. But that's only if you view her through the ASD lens. And she is obviously well-protected. But the good Father won't understand. Doesn't want to hear anyway.

That’s your response for the cost/benefit analysis?

You really have outdone yourself. Maybe you could work it out with your crayons instead of eating them.

I could but you're not here so it would be pointless. Crayons aren't good for you so don't eat them anymore. Good boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

How many of Gretta's gang here who believe in science would be willing to hang their hats on the transgender agenda too?

Where does their belief in actual science start and end?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Ironicname wrote: »
    How many of Gretta's gang here who believe in science would be willing to hang their hats on the transgender agenda too?

Where does their belief in actual science start and end?

Why the f*ck are you even bringing LGBT topics into this. Poor deflection effort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

sk8erboii wrote:
    Why the f*ck are you even bringing LGBT topics into this. Poor deflection effort

Do you believe in science/biology or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

sk8erboii wrote: »

A change from calling Greta names anyway. I'm interested in this new tactic haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

6cHNFkh.png

We have past peak Greta, if we don't take action by 2020 the change will be irreversible.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Only a few hours left before total armageddon;

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2004/feb/22/usnews.theobserver

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

From that bastion of climate alarmism The Grudgion no less?
    Britain is plunged into a 'Siberian' climate by 2020

Someone better tell them asap.
    The document predicts that abrupt climate change could bring the planet to the edge of anarchy as countries develop a nuclear threat to defend and secure dwindling food, water and energy supplies

Time to dust down the nuclear fallout shelter just in time for the New Year eh?
    So dramatic are the report's scenarios, Watson said, that they may prove vital in the US elections. Democratic frontrunner John Kerry is known to accept climate change as a real problem. Scientists disillusioned with Bush's stance are threatening to make sure Kerry uses the Pentagon report in his campaign.

Again the tail attempting to wag the dog. I think I've seen quite a lot of that recently tbh ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

gozunda wrote: »
    From that bastion of climate alarmism The Grudgion no less?

Someone better tell them asap.

Time to dust down the nuclear fallout shelter just in time for the New Year eh?

Again the tail attempting to wag the dog. I think I've seen quite a lot of that recently tbh ...

The article is 15 years old.
    It says in 20 years so there is 5 to go.
    Maths not the deniers strong point either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

KyussB wrote: »
    Well lads, apparently science is just religion - and scientific research, projections and evidence don't matter then.

If we simply believe strongly enough that climate change isn't real, then we'll all be grand. Great, so.

Science is. Science, climate change is a political agenda with nothing whatsoever to do with climate.

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Science is. Science, climate change is a political agenda with nothing whatsoever to do with climate.

Thermometers and carbon emissions counters are political lol :rolleyes:

20Cent wrote: »
    it says british weather will be Siberian by 2020. but lets say theres another 5 years to go, what's gonna happen in 5 years?

• Advertisement

Read the article, it’s in the first paragraph, looks like reading is not your strong point.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

it says british weather will be Siberian by 2020. but lets say theres another 5 years to go, what's gonna happen in 5 years?
    It may start to cool a bit, solar minimum coming, but probably not noticeably for a decade or so.

Thermometers and carbon emissions counters are political lol :rolleyes:

Is that the best you can offer?

Read the article, it’s in the first paragraph, looks like reading is not your strong point.

Can't read the article have to sign in.

It says article is
    Secret report warns of rioting and nuclear war
    · Britain will be ‘Siberian’ in less than 20 years
    · Threat to the world is greater than terrorism

The famous left wing organisation the Pentagon.

Is that the best you can offer?

Does a thermometer give different readings according to the politics of the person holding it?
    Cos thats pretty much what you are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

Does a thermometer give different readings according to the politics of the person holding it?
    Cos thats pretty much what you are saying.

Yes, if the reading is taken visually. Visual readings from any analysis are at risk of bias. Of course an accurately calibrated thermometer with a securely recorded readout is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I wouldn't quite agree but understand your point
    I think climate flux is happening and we are largely responsible
    But I think it's not a crisis
    It needs to be sensibly fixed alright but politicians shouldn't be using it as a tax gathering weapon either
    Theres more to life than punishing people for just doing what they're used to doing

The tack instead should be encouraging more sustainable options via policy,infrastructure development etc

As for Greta..I heard her the other day say stuff like 'in my experience ' and 'when I was younger' :rolleyes:
    You're only 16 love
    Come back to me in 50 years and tell me about experience

jackboy wrote: »
    Yes, if the reading is taken visually. Visual readings from any analysis are at risk of bias. Of course an accurately calibrated thermometer with a securely recorded readout is different.

So thousands of scientists around the world are deliberately exaggerating temperatures.

Huge if true.

There is a conspiracy theory section on this website somewhere.

is_that_so wrote: »
    It may start to cool a bit, solar minimum coming, but probably not noticeably for a decade or so.

i dont doubt that humans have some impact on climate but the bullsh1t timelines for the imminent apocolypse do no one's argument any favours. what's wrong with saying "we're not sure"? i guess there's not much grant funding for vagueness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

So thousands of scientists around the world are deliberately exaggerating temperatures.

Huge if true.

There is a conspiracy theory section on this website somewhere.

No. What I am saying is both the accuracy and integrity of data in science is critical.

Our ability to measure temperature around the world is far more accurate now than 50 or 100 years ago. Was there thousands of scientists around the world taking temperature measurements 100 years ago?

The integrity of the data should not be taken for granted either. That does not mean thousands of scientists are lying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement