Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

Well she's 17 today your right she can't play the school child card for much longer. I wonder will she go back or will some woke University just hand her a degree. I'd love to know her and her parents net worth before and after her strike. Her ad revenue alone must have made her a millionaire.

Still fully focused on attacking a child I see. Stay classy.

It was good to see her talking to the great David Attenborough. Like a symbolic passing of a torch. They've both done so much to highlight the issue of man made climate change.

golly the threshold for "attacking" varies wildly depending on people's predisposition, eh

golly the threshold for "attacking" varies wildly depending on people's predisposition, eh

It's a very versatile word.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Still fully focused on attacking a child I see. Stay classy.
    It was good to see her talking to the great David Attenborough. Like a symbolic passing of a torch. They've both done so much to highlight the issue of man made climate change.

The Birthday thing was all over social media. Funny that anyone commenting on it in anything other than saccharine sentiment is 'attacking'. But hey that's not new

The hyperbole and symbolism is just too much imo. Sir David - Uks 'National Treasure' is definitely someone who plays to an audience. His reporting of the polar bears alledgedly committing suicide is a case in point, but sadly not the only incident tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

is_that_so wrote: »
    I see the Orwell reference but he was a good writer, this poster not so much. Pass on the video thanks as there are already enough YouTube experts and opinions to sink a fleet of oil tankers! Avoiding YouTube is fast becoming my NY resolution! :P

You're missing out there::(
    Lysander Spooner University is the world's first truly anti-government university. Founded in 2014 by Roger Roots, the University has sponsored numerous classes, symposia, speaking events, and scientific expeditions. The University is named for the great libertarian-anarchist writer, scholar, entrepreneur and lawyer Lysander Spooner.

On the Orwell thing I think someone else said "When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?"!
    I have to wonder if they could not update sign for > 10 years because they were starved of funds? (perhaps hatred and mistrust of government that seems to have embedded itself in the US like a worm inside an apple could be related)?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MrAbyss

Any chance you can turn that cryptic crossword clue into a properly formed English sentence? Save the rest of us having to face yet another YouTube video telling it like it is!

Not cryptic to people who read books apart from Al Gore's.

Then again, hyper-emotionalism is the exclusive stock and trade of the climate cultists. So it was wrong of me to expect you to be beyond that of a photo of a skinny polar bear on a chunk of ice. My apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

MrAbyss wrote: »
    Not cryptic to people who read books apart from Al Gore's.
    If I want to read Orwell I know where to go thanks and it's certainly not one of your posts.

Then again, hyper-emotionalism is the exclusive stock and trade of the climate cultists. So it was wrong of me to expect you to be beyond that of a photo of a skinny polar bear on a chunk of ice. My apology.
    That's OK. You're still learning to write joined up sentences. Sometimes it's hard to get a sequence of words that make sense but keep trying.

fly_agaric wrote: »
    You're missing out there::(
    The video stuff? Really don't feel I am. I find I increasingly prefer reading over a lot of the self-indulgent drivel that YouTube spawns on a lot of topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

The video stuff? Really don't feel I am. I find I increasingly prefer reading over a lot of the self-indulgent drivel that YouTube spawns on a lot of topics.

Sorry, was being sarcastic (about that specific video from "the world's first truly anti-government university") there!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Maxine Waters gets pranked thinking it was your one.

That kid is certainly obsessed with her public profile. So someone didn't know who she is and she changes her Twitter handle by way of response - wtf? Lord save us but reckon she needs a hobby or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yet if a celebrity you liked did the same itd be genius.

Yet if a celebrity you liked did the same itd be genius.

Projecting perhaps? Not into 'celebrity' worship tbh. But yeah the thread is about gretas travels etc ...

And that would be the exact same no matter who ...

thought that was funny meself tbfttccw

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

thought that was funny meself tbfttccw

Yeah it's pretty funny from whoever manages her Twitter account

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

ENapnIAUYAEIW7k?format=jpg&name=medium

Jesus some of you guys are utterly insufferable. I don't know why I drop into this thread from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,774 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

gozunda wrote: »
    That kid is certainly obsessed with her public profile. So someone didn't know who she is and she changes her Twitter handle by way of response - wtf? Lord save us but reckon she needs a hobby or something...

You hardly think it's actually the young girl running the Twitter page ffs...

There's a very smart team behind that page (the previous tagline in reference to Trump's comments etc)

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »

There's a very smart team behind that page (the previous tagline in reference to Trump's comments etc)

True - that said its still fairly poor form to be taking the piss out of the girl from the TV quiz
    In order to promote gretas social media ratings

And all because that person had no idea who greta was. But when it's someone else bein the butt of jibe eh...

True - that said its still fairly poor form to be taking the piss out of the girl from the TV quiz
    to promote gretas social media ratings

And all because they had no idea who greta was. But when it's someone else bein the butt of jibe eh ...
    It is the kind of "clever" response that unthinking denizens of social media love.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I think she is running it if it says something bad and others are in other instances, that guy comes here and offers you magic beans :)

depends on the story of the day haha

Any excuse to throw a dig in to her.

ENapnIAUYAEIW7k?format=jpg&name=medium

I reckon they all did. You've only heard from one though. Unless, have you spoken to the other kids and asked them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I reckon they all did. You've only heard from one though. Unless, have you spoken to the other kids and asked them?

Personally i believe only 8 of the nine pictured would be justified in making the 'stolen childhood' claim. Just my opinion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

No original thought from her, she mimics and reads her lines. Look at the interviews where she’s asked questions and has to go off her prepared script, nothing but ums and ehs and she asks other people to answer for her.

It’s Pop-climate-alarmism.

Dig no - legitimate criticism yes.

With that type of ****e theres no excuse especially when the shoe seems to be on the other foot apparently ...

But hey if you are a greta & friends fan that's ok to - just dont expect everyone else to be ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,774 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    No original thought from her, she mimics and reads her lines. Look at the interviews where she’s asked questions and has to go off her prepared script, nothing but ums and ehs and she asks other people to answer for her.

I said it in a different thread how it’s pretty much other weirdos running her life for her, and people are too thick to realise it. She’s just a pawn in it all. It’s weird

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

I still believe that there is a lot at play in Ms Thunberg's head that most of us,and particularly her close team of handlers,remain unwilling to admit to.

This opinion piece from the NYT makes a couple of interesting points on the issue of Ms Thunberg's campaign.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/02/opinion/climate-change-greta-thunberg.html
    Ms. Thunberg is a complicated adolescent. Intellectually, she is precocious and subtle. She reasons like a well-read but dogmatic student radical in her 20s. Physically, she is diminutive and fresh-faced, comes off as younger than her years, and frequently refers to herself as a “child” — about the last thing the average 16-year-old would ever do.

Tell me about it !!!! :rolleyes:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

You've something in common with her so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement