Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Still going at it Gozunda?Batting the Greta lovers off one by one :D

No better than yourself ;)

But sure we are all doomed! And in just 10 4 months and 4 years and 4 days exactly we will "be in a position where we set off an irreversible chain reaction beyond human control, that will most likely lead to the end of our civilisation as we know it"!

Now if we can just find the panic button ... I've have it stashed in my Millionaires yacht somewhere - can't seem to put my finger on it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I saw something earlier about making domestic pet food from insects. There are billions of cats and dogs being fed meats and there are luxury lines of meats etc which just seems ridiculous.

It's early days with it yet, they're not sure if the insect protein will fulfil the dogs amino acid needs. It is a bit ridiculous feeding them premium cuts though, there's an Irish company that's making heat-treated meat without actually cooking it. There's a school of thought that the traditional cooked meat dog foods contribute to them ageing prematurely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

recedite wrote: »
    One nuclear station, plus decentralised wind and solar farms, plus feed in tariffs for home microgeneration, plus Spirit of Ireland built by the state to store off peak power, and the job is mostly done.
    A few small gas turbine generating stations near cities just to top up.

One should learn from the Australian experience on their electricity grid in some states in Australia they have to deal with voltage surges, frequency instability, even house fires and they need backup batteries and demand management schemes. All that complexity and instability adds to cost.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

One should learn from the Australian experience on their electricity grid in some states in Australia they have to deal with voltage surges, frequency instability, even house fires and they need backup batteries and demand management schemes. All that complexity and instability adds to cost.
    The French also have variable electricity tariffs, depending on supply and demand at any given time. Its not rocket science. Customers will modify their behavior to make use of the cheapest rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Well looks like she is about to make landfall soon. All those who were hysterical that their children would start absconding in sailboats across the ocean to go to UN conferences can now sleep a little easier. The "we know there's a problem with the climate but all this climate malarkey really annoys me and I must register it" will, I'm sure, find something else to vent about.

So all is well with the world once more.. that is until she decides to take a solar-powered land-yacht made out of bamboo to her next conference, and all the usual types are triggered :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Well looks like she is about to make landfall soon. All those who were hysterical that their children would start absconding in sailboats across the ocean to go to UN conferences can now sleep a little easier. The "we know there's a problem with the climate but all this climate malarkey really annoys me and I must register it" will, I'm sure, find something else to vent about.

So all is well with the world once more.. that is until she decides to take a solar-powered land-yacht made out of bamboo to her next conference, and all the usual types are triggered :)

Wonder what flight she'll get home. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

To be fair you seem to be the only one who's worked up here.

To be fair you seem to be the only one who's worked up here.

Not in the slightest, only pointing out the obvious. 100-odd pages though, interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I hope she keeps doing things like this just to annoy the weirdos in this thread

I hope she keeps doing things like this just to annoy the weirdos in this thread

let me guess

dohnjoe or yourself whiteknighting over a teenage swedish tantrum merchant dont count as weirdos, right?

• Advertisement

They aren't annoyed at all, it is the people who are pointing out their weird fascination that are ;)

let me guess

dohnjoe or yourself whiteknighting over a teenage swedish tantrum merchant dont count as weirdos, right?

don't know what that means, I admire her for doing what she's doing, and spreading a message to the youth of today.
    Looks she's getting us talking about all this stuff, so she's winning already :)

They aren't annoyed at all, it is the people who are pointing out their weird fascination that are ;)

Pointing out that an allegedly 'zero carbon' crusade to the new world whilst the crew fly backwards and forwards across the Atlantic is 'weird fascination' now is it? Lol. Great 'message' that for sure ;)

Not just straight up people saying that here btw. From the Irish Times:
    She had an opportunity to demonstrate a practical, imitable solution, but instead, she relied on her celebrity to make a point...

She could have started a wider conversation about the need for affordable transatlantic passage on low-carbon vessels. Or, perhaps most radically, she could have refused to travel at all, attending the summits via video conference and proving to multinational corporations that collaboration can indeed be achieved this way
    https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/greta-thunberg-s-voyage-is-admirable-but-not-practical-1.3992104

I reckon you need to throw out that 1st edition dictionary Dohnjoe or at least acknowledge the serious 'gra' for greta - 'wierdos'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

And also all that mining in South America for lithium so she can tweet everyone daily or the electric car she claims is enviromentally friendly despite using lithium for its battery

And also all that mining in South America for lithium so she can tweet everyone daily or the electric car she claims is enviromentally friendly despite using lithium for its battery

You got her there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

You got her there!

Just an additional find amongst many that have made this trip in to a farce

Go home Greta and focus on something you can make a difference on.

Like your education, and not poncing about declaring death to all adults

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

declaring death to all adults

Was that on her Facebook or Instagram? :rolleyes:

Dickerty wrote: »
    Was that on her Facebook or Instagram? :rolleyes:

Boom. You knocked it out of the park.

You realise you are playing your part in the deception.

Genesis of a Shakedown: New Records Expose Children’s Marches as Long-Planned Component of Litigation Campaign
    March 13, 2019
    Records of one of the La Jolla presenters, a law professor at the University of Oregon (in Eugene), show that after the implosion of “cap-and-trade”, climate alarmists bemoaned how “conventional approaches” had failed them. With the voters and their elected representatives repeatedly disappointing the activists, even in the face of the $-billion-plus-a-year climate industry’s media and pressure group campaigns, the lawyers had plans. These plans included sending children in waves to the streets.

The entire strategy of the civil and legal disruption we see, of suits, marches and strikes by schoolchildren, was laid out at this private session seven years ago.

These public records produced mere days after 60 Minutes’s promotional segment, and days before the nationwide children’s climate walkouts, affirm:
    • the climate litigation campaign was expressly grounded in this failure of “conventional approaches” otherwise known as our constitutional system
    • it was to be “linked to youth climate movement (world-wide marches)”;
    • it would be accompanied by a press strategy including documentaries featuring children;
    • the meeting was acknowledged, but this strategy laid out there was “not to be publicized”;
    • the strategy sought both a cooperative federal administration “Consent decrees (would be ideal)” — and to “Bring selected carbon majors to the table, then what?”

Then what” turned out to be demands by cities for “damages” to run into the several hundred billions of dollars, in litigation — regularly thrown out by the courts — demanding that targeted industries bail out bankrupt progressive governance and pay for their desired programs. It meant, as in the Juliana case, a demand for federal imposition through the courts — by consent decree, if elections turn out right! — of what is now known as the dangerous if absurd Green New Deal.

“Then what” turned out to mean a climate litigation industry, dedicated to a shakedown. And a lot of terrified, indoctrinated kids skipping school to serve as props in political, and legal, campaigns.

source

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Ah not into this conspiracy theory denial stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

gozunda wrote: »
    I really dont care if you don't want to end up debating small-scale stuff with people" heaven forbid! - that is NOT the question.

You are being asked one simple question.

Exactly what will the "massive mobilization of labour' going to be doing according to your manifesto? And no debate required - just a list of real examples thanks.

Keep it straightforward so we will learn exactly what the plan is ...

Btw there are no examples of work laid out for "massive mobilization of labour" as far as I can see. So just detail it for the rest of us that obviously don't have your incredible foresight. Thanks.
    I am not going to debate the work that would be done with you, as I've repeatedly said that there is an abundance of such work that can be done for reducing carbon emissions - and that if you (or anyone) don't agree with that, come out and say that.

I've said the focus of my argument is not aimed at those small-scale issues, but on the policy and economic practice changes needed, to be able to undertake the abundant variety of work at the right scale, in the first place.

Ah not into this conspiracy theory denial stuff

Not enough, try this then

Laurent Alexandre: «Greta Thunberg est instrumentalisée par des militants extrémistes»
    It is already paradoxical that Greta Thunberg symbolizes a global messianic commitment, while her face never displays the slightest empathy. This child is so manipulable that his parents have made his disability public (which is irresponsible on their part): as a doctor, I think that revealing the neuropsychiatric state of his minor children to the media should be a crime! We know since the description of the syndrome by Hans Asperger in 1941 that children with Asperger's are sometimes brilliant but still fragile; to instrumentalize them is a moral fault.
    Lenin described the left bourgeois as useful idiots of the revolution; the young people who follow Greta Thunberg are the useful idiots of the green dictatorship

But above all, Greta Thunberg rolls for the anti-capitalist far left. The pitiful death of all Marxist models - from North Korea to Venezuela to Cuba or Cambodia from Pol Pot - left the anti-liberals in disarray. Eco-catastrophism and its train of fears is the ideal instrument to propose a new utopia that is a substitute for the Marxist dictatorship. By instrumentalizing youth, we impose a liberticidal agenda in the name of good feelings.

source (FR) - google translate

KyussB wrote: »
    I am not going to debate the work that would be done with you, as I've repeatedly said that there is an abundance of such work that can be done for reducing carbon emissions - and that if you (or anyone) don't agree with that, come out and say that.I've said the focus of my argument is not aimed at those small-scale issues, but on the policy and economic practice changes needed, to be able to undertake the abundant variety of work at the right scale, in the first place.

Let me spell it out slowly in big letters. You're the one who detailed that a Mass Mobilisation of Labour" had to implemented without explaining what exactly what work exactly this labour would be doing.

I do not want a 'debate'. >>A SIMPLE LIST WILL DO<< So stop beating around the proverbial bush*. Thanks.

*If you dont wish to reply I'll be left with the only conclusion that your manifesto is most likley a complete load of pooey based on some communist utopia, resplendent with 5 year plans, big brother posters (with gretas face of course) and lots of singing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

KyussB wrote: »
    as I've repeatedly said that there is an abundance of such work that can be done for reducing carbon emissions - and that if you (or anyone) don't agree with that, come out and say that.

I'd say this is the main point where we disagree. What can be done? Even introducing carbon taxes in France led to mass riots(surely we'd agree the smallest of possible measures-carbon taxes). France!!

I have not read the mothers book because it is not available in English (yet) and even though I have read a few books about the subject of Aspergers after reading this book reviewer I'm not sure I want to read hers.

Slagter Greta Thunberg-bog: 'Jeg har lyst til at melde moren til politiet'
    The book is presented as a 'climate book', but in addition to lack of data and scientific information about the climate, Mikael Jalving believes that it is a book about a family in disintegration.

»The book contains a story of failure. On the surface, the book is about a sick society where we are drowning in pollution and materialism, lies and deception. But the mother, who is also the author, is blind to the illnesses of her daughters, ”says Mikael Jalving.

The book shows that Greta Thunberg has suffered from depression and eating disorders in the past, and that her current diagnoses are Asperger's Syndrome and OCD.

Greta Thunberg's little sister, Beata Thunberg, has also been diagnosed with ADHD, Asperger's Syndrome and OCD.

<snip>
    “The family is in deep crisis and the mother has not understood it at all. The book should not have been published, but instead should have tried to help the family. The book is a cry for help, ”says Mikael Jalving.

source (DK), google translate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Unfortunately, none of us choose our parents :)
    Or our kids.

The parents seem to be attention seekers, but they are also "has beens".
    The kids are the opposite.

The parents seem to want to relive some of their past celebrity again, by living vicariously through their offspring.
    These parents would have been better off with different kids, and vice versa.

Well she made it to New York
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49500642

Front page of several media outlets

Here she is
    Greta_Thunberg_pissed-1024x576.jpg

https://twitter.com/borisherrmann/status/1163846985666965504?s=20

Good to see that blue buckets have more than one application... ;)

#NotPoosOnly

She's cross looking..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

gozunda wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/borisherrmann/status/1163846985666965504?s=20

Good to see that blue buckets have more than one application... ;)

#NotPoosOnly

What's Boris's angle? How much will he pocket from this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement