Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

Blueshoe wrote: »

Here's a group of women on "birth strike" until the climate is fixed.

https://youtu.be/1OF30bkWY_k

Yet the leader of the Irish Green Party has no less than four children - stone him!!!!

I couldn't summon up the empathy to watch the full 27 minutes of self-indulgent, hormonally-charged, agonised whining, but I really enjoyed the comments beneath the clip!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

No thanks. Sounds a bit like communism. The free market is better.
    WW2 Britain and USA were communist?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

She definitely writes her own tweets.

No doubt about it!

Yes sireee Bob!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

WW2 Britain and USA were communist?

Were they fighting climate change or was that a war?

Too expensive. Doesn't make economic sense. Especially as we are responsible for .13% of global emissions.
    We would be destroying out economy while the others carry on business as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

padd b1975 wrote: »
    She definitely writes her own tweets.

No doubt about it!

Yes sireee Bob!!

she has about as much say in the crap that she's peddling with her face attached as colnel sanders does these days.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭99problems1

How do you suggest anyone gets a message across without using a phone or PC in this day and age? That's the point of the comic. You can be against something while still logically having to use it. Same goes for planes etc. It's fairly straightforward.

So how do we get across the atlantic without planes? Why is Greta using a boat because she says planes are too harmful???

"I am using a boat that will take two weeks to sail across the atlantic because there are 0 emissions."

Judging by the above decision, it appears Greta will go to any lengths required, no matter how restrictive, to have 0 emissions.

Greta using a chinese made phone or PC while choosing to sail across the atlantic would be like saying I'm not going to use a car anymore because of the emissions and you cycle and walk everywhere and then coming home and throwing turf in a fire.

I wonder would plucky little Greta have taken the boat if she had to pay for it?

So how do we get across the atlantic without planes? Why is Greta using a boat because she says planes are too harmful???

"I am using a boat that will take two weeks to sail across the atlantic because there are 0 emissions."

Judging by the above decision, it appears Greta will go to any lengths required, no matter how restrictive, to have 0 emissions.

Who pays for the trip and crew and all other costs involved as a matter of interest.

Has to be said Greta is bigger than climate change now anyways.

It's WHO said it, not WHAT is said.

"Greta made a speech"

"Greta had a protest"

"Greta took a boat"

No one is doing any acting though except the cheerleaders on the Lidl facebook page demanding Lidl stop using plastic in their fruit and veg. "We did it, we saved the planet by wrapping our bananas in paper instead of plastic!!"

Meanwhile, the population of Ireland is going up and up and up and every year we have to make a bigger cutback in emissions if we wanted to actually change it.

Who pays for the trip and crew and all other costs involved as a matter of interest.

No idea, probably a profile builder for the owners of the yacht.

"Wanna trip on this yacht, it sailed across the atlantic with the child genius on board"

No idea, probably a profile builder for the owners of the yacht.

"Wanna trip on this yacht, it sailed across the atlantic with the child genius on board"

There is always agenda driven big money in the background pulling the strings.

Like George Soros funding the "best for Britain" stop Brexit group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Anyone know what day she speaks at the UN climate change summit?

(or does she speak?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Poor girl, she has to go to another conference in Chile so will have to find a train and then if she wants to come home she will need another emissions free boat. Imagine if Putin started trolling her and invited her to talks all around the world, get the boat to Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

JJayoo wrote: »
    Poor girl, she has to go to another conference in Chile so will have to find a train and then if she wants to come home she will need another emissions free boat. Imagine if Putin started trolling her and invited her to talks all around the world, get the boat to Australia.

I don't know why she can't just hitch a ride on a container ship. Much more comfortable and a lot less expensive:

http://www.seatravelltd.co.uk/component/content/article/318?tid=4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Has to be said Greta is bigger than climate change now anyways.

It's WHO said it, not WHAT is said.

"Greta made a speech"

"Greta had a protest"

"Greta took a boat"

No one is doing any acting though except the cheerleaders on the Lidl facebook page demanding Lidl stop using plastic in their fruit and veg. "We did it, we saved the planet by wrapping our bananas in paper instead of plastic!!"

Meanwhile, the population of Ireland is going up and up and up and every year we have to make a bigger cutback in emissions if we wanted to actually change it.
    Why would we be having mass immigration into Ireland if we want to cut Irelands emissions ?:eek::eek::eek:

Its just more nonsense:eek::eek::eek:

blinding wrote: »
    Why would we be having mass immigration into Ireland if we want to cut Irelands emissions ?:eek::eek::eek:

Yup.

They're planning 1m more people (20% increase) in 20 years.

We'd have to cut ~20% emissions in 20 years just to stay at todays level...

Yup.

Like so much of the nonsense we are being fed it does not add up :eek:

Yup.

There is a housing crisis in the UK also . Converted shipping containers stacked up on top of each other is being used as temporary accommodation . To keep up with demand a house needs to be built every hour 24 hours a day.
    Too many came too quickly.

https://www.bbc.com/news/education-49412835

We ain't seen nothing yet.

Going green isn't a viable option right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Cyclepath wrote: »
    I don't know why she can't just hitch a ride on a container ship. Much more comfortable and a lot less expensive:

€100 per day! For 2 weeks. Its cheaper to fly first class.

There is a housing crisis in the UK also . Converted shipping containers stacked up on top of each other is being used as temporary accommodation . To keep up with demand a house needs to be built every hour 24 hours a day.
    Too many came too quickly.

https://www.bbc.com/news/education-49412835

We ain't seen nothing yet.

Going green isn't a viable option right now
    Why are people spouting this Green nonsense while pushing Mass Immigration out of the other side of their mouth .

It makes no sense what so ever .

Why are people spouting this Green nonsense while pushing Mass Immigration out of the other side of their mouth .

It makes no sense what so ever .

It takes all sorts. It's when or if people start listening to them I'd be concerned.
    No sign of that yet

• Advertisement

Cyclepath wrote: »

The container ship wouldn’t be glamorous enough but of course would make way more sense .

But this is not about sense . Its about virtue signalling and posturing .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,711 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

she has about as much say in the crap that she's peddling with her face attached as colnel sanders does these days.

Why are you so bitter?

Why are you so bitter?

Don’t see how Im bitter, I think its awful how a powerful alarmist lobby has exploited a child to push their agenda.

They have exposed the child to criticism she doesnt deserve as well as misrepresented criticism of their alarmist agenda as attacks on the child.

As a 16 year old swedish girl with a mental disability I have nothing against her, dont see how anyone could. Her parents, puppetmasters, the climate lobby and every media outlet pimping her out should be disgusted with themselves. This is the exact same exploitation as the westboro baptist church kids .

When is Greta back from the states?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

When is Greta back from the states?
    Well, this junket is going to run for a while, and its not like she has to be back in time for the start of school.

recedite wrote: »
    Well, this junket is going to run for a while, and its not like she has to be back in time for the start of school.

Home schooled, cant risk her getting out and finding out the sky isnt falling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

Home schooled, cant risk her getting out and finding out the sky isnt falling.

Home schooling is banned in Sweden for the most part

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Home schooling is banned in Sweden for the most part

St Greta calls the shots in Sweden

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I did say in a different post that mass immigration doesn’t make any sense from an environmental stand point. At a time when eco warrior environmentalists are calling for people not to have children. Then demanding open borders.

When you have more people. They use up more resources. They damage the already fragile environment. But they never talk about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I know I’m a bit late to the conversation. Was Skype not an option?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement