Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

gozunda wrote: »
    Nope its not 'outrage' but simple criticism. There's always going to be a few howlers in any current news topic so we can discount those outliers. .

The worrying aspect of all this is that claiming a figurehead can't be criticised even where she is likley being used by others. Though tbh It's probably about a hell of a lot more than taxes tbh.

As for your source - this is what media checker had to say about it lol
    The fact checker run by a member of the highly NeoLiberal/NeoConservative Council of Foreign Relations - i.e. a completely biased fact checker.

Salon.com - that's where Glenn Greenwald started out, one of the most dedicatedly non-partisan journalists around - who decimated the Republicans and Democrats in his writings - before his work with Snowden, and now against Bolsonaro (putting himself in great danger, with one of his close friends murdered by Bolsonaro-linked groups, and himself under death threats). Extremely brave/principled guy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭99problems1

KyussB wrote: »
    She's supportive of the Green New Deal, even met specifically with AOC - which is pretty much what my posted solutions here are a variation of.

So AOC is taking solutions from a 16 year old kid?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭99problems1

Be great if people tried to raise awareness wouldn't it? Maybe if lots of people start talking about it companies might get more involved? Hmmmm how can say, a teenage girl raise awareness....a head scratcher that....

Except companies need more people, more runways, more factories, more cars, more consumption...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,711 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Be great if people tried to raise awareness wouldn't it? Maybe if lots of people start talking about it companies might get more involved? Hmmmm how can say, a teenage girl raise awareness....a head scratcher that....

F off Matt. She needs to be coming with all the answers. While not impacting on current economies or standards of living.

I mean, if a 16 year old girl phoned the fire brigade saying that the chip pan had set fire to the curtains, they wouldn't respond until she gave them a detailed report outlining all key information, rate of progression of the fire, status of fire doors in the property, status of fire alarms in the property, risk score matrix for all hazards, number and health status of all the people in the property etc, etc, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

She's supportive of the Green New Deal, even met specifically with AOC - which is pretty much what my posted solutions here are a variation of.

Is this the same GND which is heavily supported by American Communists who expounded on it at the general session of the US Working Class, Climate Change and the Green New Deal symposium?

People are remarking on this on social media for some time now. Tbh they seem to have a point.

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1167519417648975872?s=20The

• Advertisement

F off Matt. She needs to be coming with all the answers. While not impacting on current economies or standards of living.

I mean, if a 16 year old girl phoned the fire brigade saying that the chip pan had set fire to the curtains, they wouldn't respond until she gave them a detailed report outlining all key information, rate of progression of the fire, status of fire doors in the property, status of fire alarms in the property, risk score matrix for all hazards, number and health status of all the people in the property etc, etc, etc.
    And then they'd still let her house burn down, because she's a Communist, too - don't you know!

Yes gozunda, everything is a massive Communist conspiracy.

And then they'd still let her house burn down, because she's a Communist, too - don't you know!

Who? Would they not do what normal people do and call the fire brigade :confused:? Don't believe the fire service ask for party political affiliations afaik ...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They'd let the whole town burn to the ground, because the communists didn't come up with a flawless plan to save it.

Yes gozunda, everything is a massive Communist conspiracy.

You brought up AOC and her GND. So why are you still on about communism conspiracies KyUSSB ? The only one promoting that stuff seems to be yourself oddly enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Are you nuts? One way or another we have to lower our standards of living and the way the world works, whether that be through climate change and resources running out, or war and famine etc.
    You need your head checked if you think things can go on as is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

She's raising awareness. What kind of idiot genuinely expects her to solve it? ffs..
    If she did f*** all we wouldn't be talking about it now for instance. Kinda creepy and scary the amount of resistance to the very idea.

The fact checker run by a member of the highly NeoLiberal/NeoConservative Council of Foreign Relations - i.e. a completely biased fact checker.
    Salon.com - that's where Glenn Greenwald started out, one of the most dedicatedly non-partisan journalists around - who decimated the Republicans and Democrats in his writings - before his work with Snowden, and now against Bolsonaro (putting himself in great danger, with one of his close friends murdered by Bolsonaro-linked groups, and himself under death threats). Extremely brave/principled guy.

Media checker has been used in this thread to highlight right leaning media sources. So what gives? Good enough when the shoe is on the other foot?

One reporter no matter how good he is otherwise does not constitute a publication. Editorially Saloon is known as employing strong wording that is anti-right in tone 

More importantly do you know that saloon.com is funded by an investment banker who has been listed as one of the top political donors in the US? Guess who he donates to? Yes the Democratic party. Them of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the GND. You dont need any conspiracy to work that bias out tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

My first time reading this thread and from what I can tell, many of you need to step outside and get some fresh air or have a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

She's raising awareness. What kind of idiot genuinely expects her to solve it? ffs..
    If she did f*** all we wouldn't be talking about it now for instance. Kinda creepy and scary the amount of resistance to the very idea.

The utter disdain for the girl and faux concern about her Asberger. An odd bunch of men in this thread.

So AOC is taking solutions from a 16 year old kid?

ZmH4gjAx_400x400.jpg

Off to Bovine University with you :rolleyes:

The utter disdain for the girl and faux concern about her Asberger. An odd bunch of men in this thread.

Why the sexism Thelonious? I know for a fact there are several female posters here.

The main thing I have seen here is concern that a girl who happens to have 'aspergers' is being used by others to stifle any criticism...

But do go ahead ignore that and infer its paedophilia or something... Whats new eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

AOC Chief of Staff: Green New Deal 'Wasn't Originally a Climate Thing at All'

Last week, Saikat Chakrabarti, chief of staff to Green New Deal architect Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), admitted that his boss's key piece of legislation didn't start out as a climate change initiative at all. The Green New Deal would fundamentally transform America's economy — and AOC has never suggested otherwise. But it appears the "New Deal" part predates the "Green" part.

"The interesting thing about the Green New Deal is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all," Chakrabarti told The Washington Post. Turning to Sam Ricketts, climate director for Gov. Jay Inslee (D-Wash.), he asked, "Do you guys think of it as a climate thing?"

"Because we really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing," Chakrabarti said.

source

As I've said before catastrophic anthropogenic global warming is just a vehicle of convenience for various disparate parties to grab power and wealth. Saikat Chakrabarti resigned recently as AOCs advisor under investigation for corruption.

Since you are well versed on the New Green deal, here another view.

The 1930s new deal actually hurt the U.S. Economy and prolonged the Great Depression which culminated in World War 2 and did not end until 1946/47.

Since you probably don't like that video presentation here is Naomi Klein making her pitch that this isn’t really about climate change at all. That is simply the pretext to fundamentally transform every aspect of society and culture the way progressive leftists have wanted to do even before people talked about CAGW. Put simply it is a power grab.

The Game-Changing Promise of a Green New Deal
    Pulling that off, the report’s summary states in its first sentence, is not possible with singular policies like carbon taxes. Rather, what is needed is “rapid, far-reaching and unprecedented changes in all aspects of society.” By giving the committee a mandate that connects the dots between energy, transportation, housing and construction, as well as health care, living wages, a jobs guarantee, and the urgent imperative to battle racial and gender injustice, the Green New Deal plan would be mapping precisely that kind of far-reaching change. This is not a piecemeal approach that trains a water gun on a blazing fire, but a comprehensive and holistic plan to actually put the fire out.

source

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Well they definitely wouldn't come out if a sixteen year old rang them and said that the kitchen was going to go on fire in the future and it was going to be awful and things need to change now. They'd probably be onto TUSLA or local CAMHS.

Brexit and MAGA are about removing restrictions so the wealthy can gain more wealth, pay less tax and bank where they like among other things.
    Climate plays a major role in how business is conducted. You cannot change how we affect the climate without affecting business, hence the climate deniers.

• Advertisement

Well they definitely wouldn't come out if a sixteen year old rang them and said that the kitchen was going to go on fire in the future and it was going to be awful and things need to change now. They'd probably be onto TUSLA or local CAMHS.

Not only the future but being told that the fire was going to breakout and the entire town burn down in exactly 10 days 4 hours and 51 seconds .. I'd say they be ringing someone for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,711 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

gozunda wrote: »
    Not only the future but being told that the fire was going to breakout in exactly 10 days 4 hours and 51 seconds .. I'd say they be ringing someone for sure.

Nice one lads, so, finally, we agree. They'd make enquiries in order to check this out...

What they wouldn't do is denigrate the girl or the idea that there are fires burning elsewhere which need attention as they are very serious events.
    Glad ye are starting to see the value in reacting in at least some positive manner.

Nice one lads, so, finally, we agree. They'd make enquiries in order to check this out...

What they wouldn't do is denigrate the girl or the idea that there are fires burning elsewhere which need attention as they are very serious events.
    Glad ye are starting to see the value in reacting in at least some positive manner.

No they would probably pass the call onto someone who could actually help the caller etc ;)

But yeah nice one Tmh. As detailed previously the genuine criticism (leaving aside the standard outliers) is not 'denigrating the girl'. I suppose as she suggests you reckon we should all run around panicking with our knickers in a twist so we can feelz the fear? Not particularly useful approach to any problem tbh.

AOC Chief of Staff: Green New Deal 'Wasn't Originally a Climate Thing at All'

As I've said before catastrophic anthropogenic global warming is just a vehicle of convenience for various disparate parties to grab power and wealth. Saikat Chakrabarti resigned recently as AOCs advisor under investigation for corruption.

Since you are well versed on the New Green deal, here another view.

The 1930s new deal actually hurt the U.S. Economy and prolonged the Great Depression which culminated in World War 2 and did not end until 1946/47.

Since you probably don't like that video presentation here is Naomi Klein making her pitch that this isn’t really about climate change at all. That is simply the pretext to fundamentally transform every aspect of society and culture the way progressive leftists have wanted to do even before people talked about CAGW. Put simply it is a power grab.

The Game-Changing Promise of a Green New Deal
    Lol Robert Murphy - he's an Austrian Economist crank i.e. a right-wing Libertarian, member of reams of propaganda think tanks with a proven track record of climate change denialism.

Yes, the Green New Deal is just as much about a rebirth of Keyne's-style New Deal type economics, as it is about fighting climate change - hence the "Green", combined with "New Deal"...

The Depression was prolonged because the New Deal was cut short.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

The antifa shirts Greta and her wacky brainwashy child exploiting parents suggest that they heavily indoctrinated her with Marxist trash, probably since she was a small child.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

"Social control is best managed through fear" - Michael Crichton

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

climate change denialism

thats such a clunky phrase, can we just say heresy?

Brexit and MAGA are about removing restrictions so the wealthy can gain more wealth, pay less tax and bank where they like among other things.

Then why are most of the wealthy (i.e. liberals) on the other side of both Brexit and MAGA? If you are looking for a commonality between the two events it is the liberal elites have been in power too long and have become arrogant and ignored the social conservatives concerns for much too long.

Climate plays a major role in how business is conducted. You cannot change how we affect the climate without affecting business, hence the climate deniers.

This is just random phrases thrown together. You are not making any sense.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Lol Robert Murphy - he's an Austrian Economist crank i.e. a right-wing Libertarian, member of reams of propaganda think tanks with a proven track record of climate change denialism.

Yes, the Green New Deal is just as much about a rebirth of Keyne's-style New Deal type economics, as it is about fighting climate change - hence the "Green", combined with "New Deal"...

The Depression was prolonged because the New Deal was cut short.

As expected. Any comments on Naomi Klein and her agreeing this is not about climate change?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I don’t believe in human accelerated climate change. I’m sure the earth is going through a climate change. It’s gone through it before and it will keep going through it the earth isn’t static, nor does it exist In a vacuum.

I just look to see what the rich are doing. Normally they’ll be clued in well before us plebs.

And by the looks,of it it’s business as usual for the rich. Still got their fleet of cars. Still got their mansions around the world. Still got their private jets.

Just recently the Obama’s bought a beach side mansion for $15 million. Can’t see anyone concerned with rising sea levels going to buy a beach side mansion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement