Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

1) Shouldn't Greta be in school?
    2) It's amazing how any Irish kids have American accents now and are being encouraged to engage in hyperbole about something they obviously don't know very much about. They're further cementing the foundations of a future of Daily Mail-esque society, where facts mean very little and emotion and hypocrisy will rule. This shouting that it's mass extinction in our lifetime is nonsense. That little double-barrelled-named upstart on the Six-One news yesterday saying he's never seen such weather on Clare Island as he's seeing now (winter storms and a months drought last year; that's typical Irish climate variability, I'm afraid), as if his 15 or whatever years are anything we should go by. No, I prefer to go with real data, which show nothing at all related to the hyperbole he and the other future anarchists are waffling about.

One kid was asked yesterday what example he's setting and he said "we have trees in our garden, they've been there for years". Yep, long before you were born. So, what's your personal sacrifice again?

She's in transition year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

All politicians across the spectrum do that when it suits them because nobody is going to attack children, it makes your opponent look like monsters.

Important to note that Greta is a young adult (16 years) being presented as a much younger child. This is quite deliberate image manipulation by the organisation around her.

It is also the only way they can create the illusion of popular support for 'clmate action" (more punitive taxation and social engineering). Using schools to brainwash and then instruct children to participate in protests that are organised by NGOs, approved by governments and hyped by the media. The manufacture of consent using emotional blackmail repeated by indoctrinated children.

Greta and your ilk, stop using phones, stop been brought to school, stop using planes, if not fu5k off and fu5k up.

Climate change can't be stopped on the individual level you goon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Greta and your ilk, stop using phones, stop been brought to school, stop using planes, if not fu5k off and fu5k up.

Climate change can't be stopped on the individual level you goon.

Well that’s a relief. I presume individuals will stopped being called upon to change their behavior so.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

It is also the only way they can create the illusion of popular support for 'clmate action" (more punitive taxation and social engineering). Using schools to brainwash and then instruct children to participate in protests that are organised by NGOs, approved by governments and hyped by the media. The manufacture of consent using emotional blackmail repeated by indoctrinated children.

These kids are speaking like 60-year old politicians, way beyond their years. Using big words and phrases that they clearly have never come up with themselves but have been scripted for them by parents, teachers, etc. Ffs go and be kids. Go out and kick ball, play Xbox, go look for the shift, whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

So what is it exactly do these kids want the government to actually do?

Slap a huge tax on fuel so no one can use their cars or heat their homes? Would they be happy then?

Is that their main objective?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Little posh kids with American accents want carbon taxes they won't even pay for. Driven around by Mummy in her big SUV. Snowflakes that don't live in the real world that couldn't find Longford on a map. Think we are the American 51st state. Pathetic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭alswearengen

Micky 32 wrote: »

Slap a huge tax on fuel so no one can use their cars or heat their homes? Would they be happy then?

One child had a "Stop Mining" sign. I suppose he's happy with no more phones, electronics, batteries, televisions, games consoles etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Little posh kids with American accents want carbon taxes they won't even pay for. Driven around by Mummy in her big SUV. Snowflakes that don't live in the real world that couldn't find Longford on a map. Think we are the American 51st state. Pathetic.

I know, right?
    Well unfortunately the real world isn't really working out is it, we're destroying everything. The American accent that kids have that grates on you so much isn't specific to Dublin by the way, you'll find them all over Ireland. I wouldn't let it bother you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭alswearengen

I know, right?
    Well unfortunately the real world isn't really working out is it, we're destroying everything.

The cult is very keen on hyperbole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

I see what you mean about the American accent. This enterprising one is from Skibereen and has all the politicians lingo of saying nothing substantive while taking up air time.

https://twitter.com/FFFireland

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

their main objective is to be part of a movement. mission accomplished.

as for asking them about specific policy actions and the resulting profound changes to our standard of living, beyond banal platitudes of course, c'mon give them a break - theyre only kids after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

The protests are either objectiveless or reduction in living standards is the goal.

The protesters should be asked are they willing to give up both the ski holiday at Easter and the summer holiday to Spain, or just the one?

Or indeed ask the NGOs that are organising this what they want. If they were truthful, that wouldn't be too many out there.

I know, right?
    Well unfortunately the real world isn't really working out is it, we're destroying everything. The American accent that kids have that grates on you so much isn't specific to Dublin by the way, you'll find them all over Ireland. I wouldn't let it bother you.
    I agree, but is taxing carbon so nice things like home heating, air travel and cars are out of the reach of the lower third of household is the answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I agree, but is taxing carbon so nice things like home heating, air travel and cars are out of the reach of the lower third of household is the answer?
    If it reduces usage and encourages change to things that pollute less, then it helps.

Who it disproportionately affects is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

People in here very angry today :)

Snowflakes they shout.

are there any stats on the carbon footprints of international NGOs (formerly known as missionaries)?

seamus wrote: »
    If it reduces usage and encourages change to things that pollute less, then it helps.

Wow, I gather you are quite well off!

especially if its not you

especially if its not you

Oh don't worry it won't. Pity there are rules on this forum for getting banned ( deep breaths)

• Advertisement

Sure who cares if the poor go cold in their houses. It might lead to a decrease in the surplus population...

Who it disproportionally affects is irrelevant, yeah Seamus.

I see what you mean about the American accent. This enterprising one is from Skibereen and has all the politicians lingo of saying nothing substantive while taking up air time.

https://twitter.com/FFFireland
    I can't tell if it's a girl or a boy. I can't tell if it's American or Irish. Probably gender neutral. If thats the future of this country we're ****ed

Sure who cares if the poor go cold in their houses.

Who it disproportionally affects is irrelevant, yeah Seamus.
    He's typical Green Party. Astounding arrogance

I can't tell if it's a girl or a boy. I can't tell if it's American or Irish. Probably gender neutral. If thats the future of this country we're ****ed

I really wouldn't like to be living in this country in the next 10-20 years, especially with attitudes of a certain above poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I know, right?

Yes, such as that freckled red-haired Irish cáilín from Limerick featured on the news on Thursday as she prepared her propaganda. I can't quite place her accent but I may have been California. No, New Mexico. Or was it Idaho? Actually, it may have had a slight bit of Limerick in it too, but very faint.

He's typical Green Party. Astounding arrogance

The scary part is the Greens could gain momentum, with all these upcoming voters, the greens are rubbing their snobby rich hands with these young protestors..

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

It's a cult and in this cult the prophets get paid.

I can prove at least one "Greta supporter" is a paid shill.

Treat the environment well, that IS an issue, but if anyone tells you that you can affect the climate, they are either brainwashed or braindead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtBwoinDS18

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

I see a problem with your grand plan, it's not very green because you ignored recycling the humans that are surplus to your requirements.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,579 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Rockbeast2 wrote:
    I can prove at least one "Greta supporter" is a paid shill.

There's far more of us on the books, it's easy money to be honest

• Advertisement

The scary part is the Greens could gain momentum, with all these upcoming voters, the greens are rubbing their snobby rich hands with these young protestors..
    I think we've hit peak Green Party. They are a bunch of arrogant clowns that half wrecked the country before.

Problem is Fianna Fail might make a coalition with them and give Eamon Ryan power again. They only need 5 or 6 seats. Hopefully by next May people will be sick of their BS again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement