Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

En-suite extension 3mx2m

Options
  • 14-08-2019 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

Hi

Looking at getting a small extension done at the back of the house.

Want to add an en-suite to a rear room, only 6sqm so no need for PP I believe as we haven't anything else added since original build.

There's a window we would knock through as the entrance to the new extension and no known issues outside re ground works and access is also not an issue.

What kinda quote range should we be looking at, would it be something in the region of €10k to €15k? Start to finish included fitting it out, painting, tiling, electrical fittings etc etc.

Thanks

FN

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

funnyname wrote: »
    Hi

Want to add an en-suite to a rear room, only 6sqm so no need for PP I believe as we haven't anything else added since original build.

There's a window we would knock through as the entrance to the new extension and no known issues outside re ground works and access is also not an issue.

What kinda quote range should we be looking at, would it be something in the region of €10k to €15k? Start to finish included fitting it out, painting, tiling, electrical fittings etc etc.

Thanks

FN

Bathroom tiling, shower, sink and toilet would be 6k ish alone.
    Then the actual build, foundations, radon, sub floor, insulation, walls, window and roof.

Id budget 15-18k personally.

But as always, get 3 matching quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Hi

Thanks

FN

I think you'd pay close to 10k to fit out (electrics/plumbing, sanitary wear etc) and tile an EXISTING 6 sqm room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭funnyname

Currently one quote of 30k and l nearly fell off my chair when I saw it, currently looking in to getting at least 2 more quotes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Currently one quote of 30k and l nearly fell off my chair when I saw it, currently looking in to getting at least 2 more quotes?
    5k per square metre. Pisstake merchants.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Get a bathroom pod n weatherproof it

example of same :

https://www.donedeal.ie/commproperty-for-sale/new-concrete-bathroom-pod/19831617

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

gctest50 wrote: »
    Get a bathroom pod n weatherproof it

example of same :

https://www.donedeal.ie/commproperty-for-sale/new-concrete-bathroom-pod/19831617

Still requires foundations, full build up, insulation, structural tie back to the main dwelling. I’d argue it would cost the same or more to go this route.

Got a new quote on a slightly different design, small bit of a walk in wardrobe first and then the ensuite so its now about 8m². Quote is coming in at €24k which seems a bit more reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Yermander

Hey,
    Wondering if the €24k quote you got was including or excluding VAT? Looking at a similar sized extension and just got a quote of €32.5k plus VAT, builders finish, seems extortionate.

Yermander wrote: »
    Hey,
    Wondering if the €24k quote you got was including or excluding VAT? Looking at a similar sized extension and just got a quote of €32.5k plus VAT, builders finish, seems extortionate.

Sorry only seeing this now, yeah vat was included, we're based in Clare but yeah prices seem to be on the rise big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Don’t know if it’s the best time to be getting work done. Will be interesting to see what that quote would look like if the **** hits the fan again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement