Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mast

Options
  • 14-08-2019 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭

A monstrosity being erected at the Cleayboy.

IMAG6410.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm sure it had planning up for it, did you object?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

I believe that's the new 5G telecommunications mast.
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=1356985514444027&story_fbid=1366300916845820

http://www.eplanning.ie/WaterfordCCC/AppFileRefDetails/1928/0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Don't think they just decided to put it up today .i'm sure there was a planning poster up in the area and people could have objected

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Looks like Waterford is just about to have its first space rocket....all aboard!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

Planning notice was up and meetings held but as far as I know hardly anyone attended the meetings. A view from Norwood looks absolutely dreadful & 6 houses are to be built down the little lane way next to it. I wouldn’t be buying a house there but however I’m only across the road from it. Bye Bye view of Tory hills once everything is done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

However if’s it the mast for 5g & 1gb of broadband I’ll put up with the view.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Can't have technology without the tech..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Forever21 wrote: »
    Planning notice was up and meetings held but as far as I know hardly anyone attended the meetings. A view from Norwood looks absolutely dreadful & 6 houses are to be built down the little lane way next to it. I wouldn’t be buying a house there but however I’m only across the road from it. Bye Bye view of Tory hills once everything is done.

If anyone had bothered to make a planning observation they could have asked that it be powder coated green. Have seen these in other countries and they do blend in. There is also one on the hill above the Ardree that looks like a tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,335 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

azimuth17 wrote: »
    If anyone had bothered to make a planning observation they could have asked that it be powder coated green. Have seen these in other countries and they do blend in. There is also one on the hill above the Ardree that looks like a tree.
    There's a few masts disguised as fir trees along the M50, make me smile every time I see them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    There's a few masts disguised as fir trees along the M50, make me smile every time I see them!

There's one up comeraghs on the path thru woods before coumshinaun. Stands out a mile but fair play for trying

• Advertisement
Advertisement