Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run the Line trail race - 16th Nov

Options
  • 14-08-2019 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi all,

Run the Line is back again this year, 2019 and is shaping up to be the biggest and best one yet! Be sure to sign up soon as most of the previous years have sold out.

All funds raised go directly to the Dublin/Wicklow Mountain Rescue Team.

More info is below and thanks for all your fantastic support over the years and into the future!

https://www.runtheline.ie/

Regards,

Gareth
    DWMRT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Big Bad Wolf

I've been looking at this, the price has me reluctant to pull the trigger as Im signed up for a alot of other events before Xmas. Ye wouldn't have a discount code handy by any chance?
    (I see the button there on the payment page)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

I've been entered since Dec last year :) There was probably an early bird discount. Will be my third time taking part, first one ended in the medical tent but at least last year I managed to finish under my own stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

Hi BBW, the discount code is for groups of 10 or more. Unfortunately, we don’t have discount codes for single entrants. You can rest assured though, that all monies raised go directly to charity. Thanks
    I've been looking at this, the price has me reluctant to pull the trigger as Im signed up for a alot of other events before Xmas. Ye wouldn't have a discount code handy by any chance?
    (I see the button there on the payment page)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Big Bad Wolf

Fair play, thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

Hi al, RTL19 is now sold out. Thanks for the great support and see you soon!

https://www.facebook.com/452724078095655/posts/2923579804343391?sfns=mo

Rgds

S2S and DWMRT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Looking for a "legal" spare entry should anyone not be able to make it...

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭another world

Looking for a "legal" spare entry should anyone not be able to make it...

PM me if you are still looking for one.

PM me if you are still looking for one.

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

My 6th Run the Line coming up. Event of the year for me, only gripe is I can't do the short course and long course, both a great courses.

Did the Long course last year 2 weeks after DCM, it hurt a lot, so this year the marathon had to go!

My 6th Run the Line coming up. Event of the year for me, only gripe is I can't do the short course and long course, both a great courses.

Did the Long course last year 2 weeks after DCM, it hurt a lot, so this year the marathon had to go!

Take the early start short course and be back in time to go out on the long course nice and warm especially on your fresh legs I expect no less from you D.O.H...
    Challenge sent.....awaits reply ;D
    2 cups too 😂

• Advertisement

Take the early start short course and be back in time to go out on the long course nice and warm especially on your fresh legs I expect no less from you D.O.H...
    Challenge sent.....awaits reply ;D
    2 cups too ��

Go on outta that.

Most of Long course recce this Satuday if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Go on outta that.

Covered most of it last week... it is seriously muddy and overgrown along the forrest section to Tibradden. Still picking splinters out of my hands.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Covered most of it last week... it is seriously muddy and overgrown along the forrest section to Tibradden. Still picking splinters out of my hands.

Sounds lovely. I thnk they send us down that trail just to punish us.

Go on outta that.

:D

See how I go...Hectic October so not sure what distance I am doing on RTL day...have my good eye on Powerscourt Ridge the week after as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Sounds lovely. I thnk they send us down that trail just to punish us.

Yeah. Not sure if they plan to trim it back or not. I would have the natural advantage of a couple of hundred people in front to clear some of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

mloc123 wrote: »
    Yeah. Not sure if they plan to trim it back or not. I would have the natural advantage of a couple of hundred people in front to clear some of it :)

Same for me! But I'll remember to wear gloves just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Enduro

opus wrote: »
    Same for me! But I'll remember to wear gloves just in case.

Gloves won't really be necessary. Leggings would be good though. And possibly a snorkle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭py

First time doing this... You're really selling it to me here!

py wrote: »

Gaiters for your legs and hands would be ideal for the pine forrest section and water proof socks.

I remember last year I’d only stepped off the Wicklow way onto this section and immediately went on my ear. A lot more of that was to follow.

• Advertisement

Gaiters for your legs and hands would be ideal for the pine forrest section and water proof socks.

I remember last year I’d only stepped off the Wicklow way onto this section and immediately went on my ear. A lot more of that was to follow.

I'm doing the short route. Are those still required?

py wrote: »
    I'm doing the short route. Are those still required?

Runners and a hat so!

Runners and a hat so!

I'll bring shorts too just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kulekat

Oh im looking forward to this mudfest so!! First time and just did DCM so I will be taking it easy on short route 😬 any tips guys!! This pine forest sounds like fun..ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Just did DCM and this is my first RTL. Opted for the long course. Am I bonkers? hadn't planned on going out and buying trail shoes specially for it either. Am I doubly bonkers?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kulekat

RedRunner wrote: »
    Just did DCM and this is my first RTL. Opted for the long course. Am I bonkers? hadn't planned on going out and buying trail shoes specially for it either. Am I doubly bonkers?

I'd invest in a pair, have not done RTL, this will be 1st time after 1st DCM, but even in more rolling, easy hills i wear trail runners. Or I fall on my ass ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I would definitely invest. Ask killerz about his experience 2 years ago with regular shoes. Granted, it was an icy day, but could well be again. Or wet. Id also consider downgrading to the short course so soon after DCM - did it myself (short) the past two years but taking it very easy.

Great event, enjoy whatever you do.

Given the conditions lately you’d be mad to wear road shoes, you will have no grip and will go on your ear. You’ll definitely be at a disadvantage to everyone else that has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Murph_D wrote: »
    I would definitely invest. Ask killerz about his experience 2 years ago with regular shoes. Granted, it was an icy day, but could well be again. Or wet. Id also consider downgrading to the short course so soon after DCM - did it myself (short) the past two years but taking it very easy.

Great event, enjoy whatever you do.

Thanks D. Yes , definitely considering the option of switching down to short course. Assume I'll be ok to do that on the day at registration.
    kulekat wrote: »
    I'd invest in a pair, have not done RTL, this will be 1st time after 1st DCM, but even in more rolling, easy hills i wear trail runners. Or I fall on my ass ;)

Is falling on your ass not part of the fun? :)
    Given the conditions lately you’d be mad to wear road shoes, you will have no grip and will go on your ear. You’ll definitely be at a disadvantage to everyone else that has them.

Thanks DoH. Don't mind being at a disadvantage as I don't plan on "racing" it but do want to get through it in one piece. I'll consult with the Bank manager!

Anyone know what a good trail equivalent ( if there is such a thing) to Brooks Adrenaline GTS19 road shoe?

• Advertisement

Anyone know what a good trail equivalent ( if there is such a thing) to Brooks Adrenaline GTS19 road shoe?

For Run the line long course, I want comfort and grip. For me thats currently Addidas Terrex Two which I got last week on the web for 60 quid and I recced the short course with them last Saturday with no issues (I used Addidas Terrex Tracerocker for the IMRA season and they served me well too).

Thing is you'll really need to try them on. I think I saw Salomon Speedcross in Sportsdirect the other day for 90 quid, they are quite popular, but I've not worn them myself. Sportsdirect also have other trail options in their store.

Advertisement