Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X Activation Lock

Options
  • 14-08-2019 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All

Looking for a bit of help / advice, I have recently been given an iPhone X by a family member, but when they cleared of the phone the didn't remove the device from the Find My iPhone app, (not sure how this was done), so now when I go to use it an Activation Lock comes up on the phone asking for her the Apple ID etc, unfortunately she can not remember her ID for this device and when she created another one it's still not recognised, she's not very tech savvy and to be honest I can't see me getting past this stage with her help.

So does anyone have any recommendations of store where I could the whole phone totally wiped so I can start from scratch, I'm in north Dublin area and before anyone asked, no the phone isn't stolen, this is a genuine post and any help would greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

She can reset her passwords through the apple website for her original apple id, that's the only one that you can unlock it. You'll need to just sit down with them and do it.
    You can pay to get it done but it'll cost you roughly 200 euro. If the phone has been black listed it'll be a waste of 200.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try the Apple devices forum instead:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1176

Advertisement