Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need for Speed: Heat - 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The EA Access 10 hour trial is live now. 30gb download with 10% discount and i read you can get a further 10% discount if you buy from with the NFS Payback menu if you have that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Did anyone give the trial a go?

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Did anyone give the trial a go?

I have it downloaded, will be shpeeding around in a little while, will leave my feedback.

Just got to rep level 5, actually lot of fun. The day night cycle is genius. Actually feels like legit circuit recess during the day for money but you can only level up rep (to get access to better parts and continue story) at night. The cops at night are relentless and can ruin your face fairly quick. No fast travel at night and if you get busted before making it to a safe house, you lose any rep earned. Definitely makes it more tense. Both day and night have completely different feels as well as looks.

Almost feels like the Underground days. Need to spend more time with it but a positive start.

Going to download this onto my One X right now.

• Advertisement

I'm playing this now. Just bought an '88 M3 Evolution II :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Didn't realise there was a demo, but might as well wait till Friday at this stage. Have it pre-ordered physical, just in case, but some positive notes from Zero-Cool there has made me hopeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Any 207's in it kids? :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Any 207's in it kids? :D

Not even a single Pug in it. Plenty of super/hypercars though, list here. And that's the only real worry I have for this game. Lots of those types of cars, whereas the fastest car in Underground was an R34 Skyline!

At my own count, there are 48 super/hyper cars from a total of 127, or up that to about 55 if you include all Porsche cars. Too many imo. But I'll still get it, and hope there's a lot more like me who will stick to the 'realistic' cars, ie: cars most people could afford in real life.

I want this to work, but I kinda also want it to fail so maybe they'll actually listen and give us Underground remastered.

In the early races, it's great to see the tricked out Golf's and other 'normal' cars, definitely a better feel in the street racer scene. I'm not sure but it would be great if any car could be upgraded enough to keep up with the competition, even though a golf keeping up with a mclaren would be slightly unrealistic.

• Advertisement

You just know it won't be. Can't have Ferrari and Lambo giving permission to allow a Golf or Evo to beat it in a race. Be surprised if there's damage modelling on them!

Took a video of a night race that went particularly well for me. I've had some shambles, glad they're not all 'hold throttle, come on first'. Cops wrecked me a fair few times as well. The trial locks you out at rep level 10 so you can't proceed with main missions but tons of non story races for both day and night.

Edit: also, I've decided to pick up Death Stranding instead of this on Friday, just too damn intriguing not to try but i will be getting this at some stage.

Zero, are you popping trophies playing this on the PS4?

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Zero, are you popping trophies playing this on the PS4?

Yupp, never knew trials unlocked trophies, very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I played this for about an hour last night. Only did the first main mission and some daytime races too. Was enjoying it quite a bit, definitely the best NFS since Most Wanted for my money but since that game they've been pretty woeful tbf.

I think the day and night cycle is an inspired idea. The drift system will take some getting used to but already after an hour I was getting much better at it. The police are a serious problem and I don't mean a problem within the game, I mean a problem dealing with them. It actually feels like you're in trouble when they're chasing you which is a welcome change. I had a short look at the car customization which was always my favorite part of NFS when I was younger and everything seems up to scratch there too.

I'll keep playing the trial till I use my 10 hours (or reach level 10 like Zero Cool) but so far I'm inclined to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Have this pre-ordered on psn and it's downloaded and ready to go

Working till 8 so gonna hang tough and get it once GameStop open, load her up and she'll be ready to play once I wake up. Work again tomorrow night though, and looking like it will be Sunday before I can give it a proper spin. I'm reluctantly hopeful, but won't know until mid/late game for the Super/Hyper cars (I sound like a broken record at this stage!).

Anyone else find the controls a bit awkward like steering and breaking, maybe I need to drift a bit more, but first two races were woeful for me.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone else find the controls a bit awkward like steering and breaking, maybe I need to drift a bit more, but first two races were woeful for me.

Yeah, starting off your stock brakes and tires aren't the best for taking corners, drifting is the best way until you can build a good grip car. Took me a few races to get a handle on drifting but once you do, it feels really intuitive, way better than the last few games. Took me a few races before i started coming first, the upgrades definitely help but yeah my Mustang felt fair heavy.

I much prefer racing at night than day.

• Advertisement

You went with the Mustang? I was going to go for that or the Cammie but decided to go for the Neesan.

Haven't played the 10 hour trial yet, so going to look at it over the weekend :)

I obviously missed launch, but hoping to pick it up at back Friday prices.
    Thankfully black Friday comes after pay day this year, for once :D

Only got to play an hour or so before getting to work, and i'm underwhelmed so far, but as i'm still very early I'll give it another go. The initial race in the Volvo did not do anything to make me excited. It felt flat, slow and dull. Picked the Nissan, because Jap cars FTW, and the turning is shocking, and when trying to drift the arse either goes well out or the counter steer is shockingly strong. As Zero mentioned, hopefully it gets better with the upgrades.

I also feel like i'm missing some settings to adjust sensitivities, pretty sure Payback had terrible controls due to dead zones being set at 50%, and when changing them down to 0% it was infinitely better. I feel like it would definitely help in this.

Which woke character did y'all pick? I think I got the least douchiest one, but still douchy. Also, quite funny to be able to plough through trees and poles and concrete walls with little to no slow down! I understand they wanted to make it more fluid with less stops, just think it's hilarious that my stock 180 can knock down a tree that's nearly half the width of the car!

I'll give it a bit more time, but something drastic would want to change or it'll be back to GameStop with it. Why is it that very few games can hook you from the start like the older days? I was welded to Underground 1 & 2 and Most Wanted from the get go, this not so much.

I like how you can plough through things but worried about having no consequence. However, i definitely got slow down in races when i hit things like barriers. Can look ridiculous but i hated hitting a pillar near the end of a race and having to start again because of it.

I've seen grip builds with max upgrades and the cars were great talking corners while stuck to the road so drifting is definitely the way to go early on. And i simple let go of throttle and straight back on is enough to get you drifting, great feeling when you nail a corner with it. Way more rewarding than Payback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody getting locked out of the trial on PS4?

Got myself a lancer evo and the grip is unreal even with stock parts. Upgrading it the whole time. Starting to get hooked. Police chases are seriously tough

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody getting locked out of the trial on PS4?

Yupp, just saw I'm locked out of it, gowls.

Ok, so I've a good few hours racked up at this stage. While it didn't immediately grab me, I'm finding myself playing it more than anything else and wanting to go back, which is a first for a NFS in a while. Picked the 180 to start off with, and that's now my (very early so not great) drift car, and picked up the A45 AMG for my track car. Really enjoying using that, and as Zero said above, one you get the hang of the way it wants you to play, ie: drift around corners, it starts to come together. Day races are good fun, and give you good return for the investment, but still suffers from the icon overload of previous games. Night time, as mentioned above, is great and the cop chases are pretty hard, only managing to get away if I can outrun them on a straight road or by using jumps, so need to get myself more familiar with escape routes.

So far, I am really enjoying it. Thinking back, I actually am, but still very hesitant about the super/hyper cars, it's already getting fast enough in the normal saloon range, can only imagine how difficult it will be trying to use one later on. Only time will tell.

Customisation is great, loads of choice depending on the car you pick. Noticed they added a 'Modification potential' slider to the cars, and you can see the number drop low the more expensive the car, usual bollocks from the super/hyper manufacturers not allowing the look of their car to change. Another reason to not include them imo.

I'll stick with it for another while, see how it goes, but definitely enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp, just saw I'm locked out of it, gowls.

I DM’d Playstation on twitter and they said the trial is no longer active as the game has come out but I was able to play the remainder of my Fifa trial just a few days ago?

• Advertisement

Get onto EA Access on twitter, they will sort Sony out :D

Advertisement