Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need for Speed: Heat - 2019

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp, just saw I'm locked out of it, gowls.

That shouldn't happen. You should get full 10 hours regardless on when it's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Put a few hours into but I'm really not feeling it. Car modification is is really good also the night and day cycle. Not really into how the cars handle and drive maybe I'm just too used to the Forza style. I'll stick with it for another while

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, as Zero said above, the driving kinda forces you to drift instead of turn. Don't think I've used the brake at all yet, and rarely use the handbrake. Just lift, turn and gas. Took me a while to get used to it, and didn't really get used to it until I had most Pro upgrades on it. Car makes a big difference too. My lovely 180 was arse happy, but the 4WD Merc barely drifts now (mostly on Pro+).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Put a few hours into but I'm really not feeling it. Car modification is is really good also the night and day cycle. Not really into how the cars handle and drive maybe I'm just too used to the Forza style. I'll stick with it for another while

Try the EVO - Its super grippy, I find it hard to drift in it compared to the 180 which is drift happy. Cant modify the decal/paint for some reason though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

• Advertisement

Oh, yeah, I traded this in. Got a Nissan GTR, and the races had started to get too 'fast', as in fake fast if you know what I mean? But yeah, because of that and the impending requirement of super/hyper cars, I decided to get rid while it's worth something. It's not a bad game, and I did enjoy the first half, the modifications are pretty good, the driving is pretty good. I'll probably pick it up again down the line when it's dirt cheap, but I've had my fun and time to move on. Might get GRID next, see if it has captured the brilliance of the original GRID.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I saw a vid their twitter account put up of a huge jump. Looked like the vid was in fast forward with how fast it was, like stupid fast. Was tempted to get it yesterday but i think I'll wait for it pop up on ea Access.

Yeah, the first off-road race has you taking what looks to be like a 200ft drop off a cliff onto a beach. Ah, no. But the speed was getting fake. How could they make Underground feel realistic with the speed without having to resort to making it look fake?

Christ just remaster Underground!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I don't think it's as bad as you're all making out. Haven't really noticed any of the races being super fast. I do have the corvette from the deluxe pack though

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement

So playing this again, and there's something that's still missing that it badly needs, and that the Crew did right. The ability to change you car on the fly. I know it can be done by driving to a race start and selecting change car, but it would be better to just have it from the menu. Also, why the hell do I always come out of the same garage, no matter which one I drive into?

Anyway, just unlocked 10 more cars, 8 of which were Ferrari/Porsche/Lambo. Yawn. I also feel like the game punishes you for not picking the super/hyper cars, especially in drifting. I've a 180SX maxxed out as best I can so far (don't have enough rep for all the parts yet) and tuned specifically for drifting, but it's still way too grippy. I haven't tried manual yet as there are horror stories of how the shift up/down are mapped to the same buttons for accepting races and entering garages. Seems like it wasn't meant to be played with manual.

It's a stunning looking game (especially in HDR), and while it's the closet to Underground in many ways, it's still not the Underground we want need.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Anyway, just unlocked 10 more cars, 8 of which were Ferrari/Porsche/Lambo. Yawn. I also feel like the game punishes you for not picking the super/hyper cars, especially in drifting. I've a 180SX maxxed out as best I can so far (don't have enough rep for all the parts yet) and tuned specifically for drifting, but it's still way too grippy. I haven't tried manual yet as there are horror stories of how the shift up/down are mapped to the same buttons for accepting races and entering garages. Seems like it wasn't meant to be played with manual.

One of the shift buttons is also mapped to the "Give Up" button in pursuits. :(

One of the shift buttons is also mapped to the "Give Up" button in pursuits. :(

tenor.gif

Advertisement