Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To pre book a seat or not

Options
  • 18-08-2019 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

I'm flying DUB - FRA - GIG (Rio) in a few weeks time with Lufthansa. When I do a long haul flight I like to have an aisle seat. To pre book this seat at the moment is €35 each way (I'm not bothered about the short leg of flight).

Every so often I go onto the Lufthansa site to check the seat map and there's hardly anyone with a reserved seat so far. I'm thinking then of risking it and booking for free 24 hours before departure.

So, I'm wondering is it possible to find out what sort of loads normally happen on a route, just to give me an idea of what to expect. I'd hate to spend an extra €70 only to find there's loads of empty seats available.

Sitting in the middle on the long flight would be hell though and I'd hate to take the chance to find everyone else has the same idea about booking for free 24 hours beforehand.

Decisions, decisions :confused:
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement