Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir 5G

Options
  • 14-08-2019 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I have pre ordered a Samsung galaxy note 10+ with Eir its the 4g version. With the announcement from Vodafone launching their 5g and eir set to launch theirs soon am I mad upgrading with the 4g note 10+ if the 5g version is going to be here soon? I called eir and they couldn't confirm anything.

I just think it would be a shame to get into a 2 year contract with a 4g model if the 5g one is only a few weeks away. I'm torn on what to do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Craigels wrote: »
    I have pre ordered a Samsung galaxy note 10+ with Eir its the 4g version. With the announcement from Vodafone launching their 5g and eir set to launch theirs soon am I mad upgrading with the 4g note 10+ if the 5g version is going to be here soon? I called eir and they couldn't confirm anything.

I just think it would be a shame to get into a 2 year contract with a 4g model if the 5g one is only a few weeks away. I'm torn on what to do

It would.

I'm waiting to upgrade my huawei p10, not going to until I can get the most up to date 5g Huawei, P40 or Mate 30, neither are launched yet, but I'm seeing the Mate 30 is likely on sept 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

5G is still a long long way off from full adoption. When 4G launched with Vodafone it was only available to mid tier bill pay plans then they expanded it out before offering 4G+ to top tier bill pay plans and then again expanding it out to all.

In saying all of that I bought a Note 10+ 5G from amazon to help with future proofing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Look at this:
    https://n.vodafone.ie/network/5g.html
    it seems that there's no extra charge either.Just let them know you have a 5G phone and they'll provision the sim.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Look at this:
    https://n.vodafone.ie/network/5g.html
    it seems that there's no extra charge either.Just let them know you have a 5G phone and they'll provision the sim.

Three are doing it on all plans though, including pre-paid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Somara198

anyone know if an Oneplus Pro 7 5G will accept 4gsim card from three.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Somara198 wrote: »
    anyone know if an Oneplus Pro 7 5G will accept 4gsim card from three.ie

Yes it will.

Advertisement