Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical card

• 14-08-2019 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Can someone please help, my mum is in a nursing home under the fair deal scheme, I just recently found out her medical card is expired and trying to sort out!!!
    My main question is what address do I put on application for medical card? Nursing home or house address!!
    As she's 67, my brother lives in the home and was told she may not qualify as they'll look on the main house as rentable income for her!!!
    Don't know if this is true or will she just be accepted as in nursing home

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Cstack24 wrote: »
    Can someone please help, my mum is in a nursing home under the fair deal scheme, I just recently found out her medical card is expired and trying to sort out!!!
    My main question is what address do I put on application for medical card? Nursing home or house address!!
    As she's 67, my brother lives in the home and was told she may not qualify as they'll look on the main house as rentable income for her!!!
    Don't know if this is true or will she just be accepted as in nursing home

Please can you call Citizens Advice? google them. They will have expert knowledge on all this. Nothing like this will be new to them. Good luck

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Ask the nursing home staff, they should have experience of past situations like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cstack24

Graces7 wrote: »
    Please can you call Citizens Advice? google them. They will have expert knowledge on all this. Nothing like this will be new to them. Good luck

Already rang citzen advice and all she knew was to put nursing home on the form, said she would try and find out information about the other and said would ring back but haven't heard from them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cstack24

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Ask the nursing home staff, they should have experience of past situations like this.

Yes I did, all she knew was to put nursing home on the form I just hope that she will qualify for the medical card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Why don't you ring the medical card services?

• Advertisement
Advertisement