Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bees

Options
  • 15-08-2019 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hello.
    I'm trying to level off an area of garden on a site I recently purchased. I was doing fine, until I ran into what seems to be a colony of bees. Anytime I go near the spot where they reside with my shovel they start buzzing around. Its a spot where the previous owner had been dumping his/her cut-grass for 20 years.
    What do I do?
    Shall I just leave that area of garden for now? When can I tackle it?
    Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

leave it be. (pun unintended)
    if it's bumblebees, the nest will disperse/die off in the next couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wexford96

Yes, I think they are bumblebees. They're round and big and good-looking.
    Hopefully they'll buzz off like you anticipate.
    Thanks for your reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

A good looking bee??....beeware,it may bee a honey trap:)
    1450510973801.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Flipperdipper

If you're sure they're bumble bees just leave them, if they're honey bees your local beekeeper would probably take them off your hands. If they are honey bees and you want them moved let me know and I'll PM you some contact details depending on what part of Wexford you're in.

Advertisement