Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest cam lights switching to on

• 15-08-2019 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭

Got a mail from google this morning, stating that they're going to be switching the activity light to permanently on ( you can presently set it to turn off in settings - they're removing this functionality).

I personally disagree with this for a number of reasons, number one being, I paid for them with the functionality available to me & now they're moving the goalposts).

However, I'm after ordering these to counter the issue & thought others might want to be made aware of them also.

Could be useful for more than the cam lights

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

Yeah, I liked the idea that you could have it off as I have one as a baby monitor and now he can see the light on top of the camera. Just another distraction. If I had one as a security camera I would also like to have the option to leave it off so a potential thief wouldn't know if it was on or not. Those stickers would do the trick nicely.

Advertisement