Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will cheap deal on Trivago come back later?

• 15-08-2019 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

I was looking at a deal for a hotel in Belfast on trivago.ie not long ago this morning, and at €40, it was very good value. On searching now, and going through my browser history, it says 'No deals available at this time'.

I think I heard before that with booking websites this kind of thing can happen, but that it is likely the same deal will appear if you try searching again later?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

There's not a lot of truth in that. You probably just missed out on a good deal. Try doing the search again (not clicking through your browser history)
    What you are describing is more likely to happen if you close out of the screen mid-booking and attempt the booking straight away. A booking system could block off the room/seat you're booking for 15mins or so to prevent someone else from booking it at the same time, resulting in that same room/seat not being available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

antix80 wrote: »
    There's not a lot of truth in that. You probably just missed out on a good deal. Try doing the search again (not clicking through your browser history)
    What you are describing is more likely to happen if you close out of the screen mid-booking and attempt the booking straight away. A booking system could block off the room/seat you're booking for 15mins or so to prevent someone else from booking it at the same time, resulting in that same room/seat not being available.

Yes, I thought it may have been locked away to prevent someone else booking also. Now I am starting to doubt whether I had the right dates selected, because I can see if I choose Saturday 24/08 onwards the price is €40 - or I just missed the deal! I will check back a few more times throughout this morning and afternoon, and if it does not come back, it might be a good opportunity to try and Airbnb for the first time.

I have been trying Trivago, Expedia, Booking,com, Expedia, and lastminute.com - is there any other site I should be trying, or is there one that reliably checks all of them so I can just use that instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

OP try clearing your cookies and cache and doing the search again. Airlines often hike prices via cookies so I wouldnt be surprised if they big hotel sites do similar. It might just be that you missed out on a good deal though, that can happen too.

Otherwise if you're using Airbnb for the first time then there is a thread here that will give you €30 off the booking

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I have been trying Trivago, Expedia, Booking,com, Expedia, and lastminute.com - is there any other site I should be trying, or is there one that reliably checks all of them so I can just use that instead?

I find that if you use Trivago and Booking.com then it's unlikely that there's a bargin out there that they don't have and will be linked to by another site. BTW, Expedia and Trivago are owned by the same company along with CheapTickets, Hotels.com, Hotwire.com and Travelocity. I tend to use Google Hotels or Booking.com if I just need a hotel. Sites like Expedia I find are better suited to booking holidays with multiple hotels and/or flights.

Advertisement